mugtang

Mike Leech Texts to PAC-12 Offices

Leach, in a text to Pac-12 vice president of officiating David Coleman, wrote on Sept. 25 about the targeting no-call against USC: “Woodie is a total coward and is afraid of USC. I look forward to telling him in person.”

“Don’t ever waste my time, making me sit through some sanctimonious speech or demonstration on player safety or targeting if you are going to continue to alibi what happened last Friday.”

Leach also said in a text message to Scott: “The Pac-12 cannot say with any credibility, that they are actually trying to protect student athletes.”

And this one takes the cake!

He accused Dixon of calling Washington State staff in the press box during that game and making them turn down the band noise because they were “playing too loud.” Leach then wrote: “Why can’t I help wondering, if you’re trying to manipulate wins and losses?”

The PAC-12 is a joke if this is true.  Turn down the band?  WTF?!  

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I want to marry Mike Leach.

Probably only work if you're a fat little girlfriend. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Rich Eisen weighs in on P12 targeting issues:

This has me legit shook re:west coast cfb. We share officials with the PAC if I recall and Rich's comments about PAC officiating sort of being a headscratcher in recent history compared to officiating elsewhere rings true...and now you really wonder wtf is going on out here in the west. 

1 hour ago, Dimwhit said:

I never saw the no-call targeting. Is Leech correct on this one?

I do really like the guy. Not afraid to speak out. 

Yeah.  It was textbook targeting.  

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

To be fair, they also missed an obvious targeting call on a Washington State player in that game. I don't think they are favoring USC ( they usually fail to do top teams in the league any favors with scheduling, which would actually benefit the league ), I just think they are incompetent, headed by the guy in charge of the refs who was phoning in his opinions.

It would probably be preferable if it were a few dirty refs or league officials, would be much easier to fix. I think the incompetence is systemic.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

37 minutes ago, Mano said:

To be fair, they also missed an obvious targeting call on a Washington State player in that game. I don't think they are favoring USC ( they usually fail to do top teams in the league any favors with scheduling, which would actually benefit the league ), I just think they are incompetent, headed by the guy in charge of the refs who was phoning in his opinions.

It would probably be preferable if it were a few dirty refs or league officials, would be much easier to fix. I think the incompetence is systemic.

That is what Eisen is talking about, the fact that an administrator called in to give his opinion, which the control room interpreted as this guy is our boss, so what he says goes :rolleyes:

• Like 1