LoboMan59

Stanford @ Arizona State... TNF

Apparently ASU fans don’t like a Thursday evening football games!? Don’t believe I’ve ever seen sundevil stadium looking some empty for the home team?

both teams go 3 and out in their first possessions... but it’s football anyway so... go Sundevils!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Apparently ASU fans don’t like a Thursday evening football games!? Don’t believe I’ve ever seen sundevil stadium looking some empty for the home team?

both teams go 3 and out in their first possessions... but it’s football anyway so... go Sundevils!

Yeah! I hope they keep it up, I bet under 58.

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Stadium isn't even half full.

PAC12 continues to fall behind the other P5 conferences.  Poor fan support.

WOW! Just heard the announcers say that ASU spent 300mil, renovating Sundevil stadium!? Oh to have that kind of money... we could build a new stadium for that kind of money here!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Stadium isn't even half full.

PAC12 continues to fall behind the other P5 conferences.  Poor fan support.

Much like BYU and their declining attendance eh?

https://universe.byu.edu/2018/02/28/byu-football-no-exception-to-nationwide-drop-in-attendance/

The last time powerhouse BYU had decent, consistent numbers was 10 years ago.  Must be shitty fans with plenty of turd seasons.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
35 minutes ago, utenation said:

Much like BYU and their declining attendance eh?

https://universe.byu.edu/2018/02/28/byu-football-no-exception-to-nationwide-drop-in-attendance/

The last time powerhouse BYU had decent, consistent numbers was 10 years ago.  Must be shitty fans with plenty of turd seasons.

BYU is not even close to being ONLY halfway full like ASU was tonight....  That was a terrible display of fan interest against another P5 opponent-- Stanford.   Looked very bad on TV.

Your trying to make the thread about BYU doesn't really work....

You are comparing apples to oranges.  The November 2017 article you linked said BYU averaged 56,000 last season, and referred to a BYU game against UMass (hardly a P5 opponent)....and when BYU had its worst season in 40 years.   Of course fan interest for a game against UMass is lower than a game against Stanford.

Besides...my comment was about the very poor PAC12 attendance compared to the SEC, BIG12, ACC, and and B1G.  The PAC12 is trailing its P5 peers in fan support, outside of USC, Oregon, and Washington.    

Obviously, BYU isn't P5, so your forced comparison of BYU to P5 conferences attendance doesn't work.   

Think P5 vs P5, not vs BYU (old Ute habits of dick measuring everything against BYU obviously die hard for some posters).

Guest #1Stunner
39 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Well,  the AZ Cardinals are hosting the Denver Broncos tonight.

That's actually a fair point.  

Stanford has had an empty stadium all year.  But usually ASU is better than this.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU is not even close to being ONLY halfway full like ASU was tonight....  That was a terrible display of fan interest against another P5 opponent-- Stanford.   Looked very bad on TV.

Your trying to make the thread about BYU doesn't really work....

You are comparing apples to oranges.  The November 2017 article you linked said BYU averaged 56,000 last season, and referred to a BYU game against UMass (hardly a P5 opponent)....and when BYU had its worst season in 40 years.   Of course fan interest for a game against UMass is lower than a game against Stanford.

Besides...my comment was about the very poor PAC12 attendance compared to the SEC, BIG12, ACC, and and B1G.  The PAC12 is trailing its P5 peers in fan support, outside of USC, Oregon, and Washington.    

Obviously, BYU isn't P5, so your forced comparison of BYU to P5 conferences attendance doesn't work.   

Think P5 vs P5, not vs BYU (old Ute habits of dick measuring everything against BYU obviously die hard for some posters).

Well said. You’re right. Everything is great in Provo.

bagdad-bob3.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
49 minutes ago, utenation said:

Well said. You’re right. Everything is great in Provo.

You seem lost...  This isn't a BYU thread. 

Original poster commented about the poor attendance at this ASU vs Stanford game.

The comment was comparing the PAC12 to the other P5s, not BYU.  PAC12 has poor fan support.....compared to the other P5s.  We saw that tonight.

You seem (predictably) intent on forcing a comparison with BYU, which is not even a P5 school.  

Why are you trying to measure the PAC12 against BYU?  You should be looking at the  SEC.   I thought you guys had moved on to bigger things?

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, soupslam1 said:

Doesn’t the church encourage you to go to BYU games? Ive heard if you don’t there is a demerit system. 

Yes, of course.