jeremymauss

Mid-season All-Mountain West team

14 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Three defensive TDs in four games is a pretty insane number. I'd be surprised if anyone in the country has done that. There are only four TEAMS that have more defensive TDs this year. 

Kelly is also ~2nd in the country in picks and has scored a TD as well. Very defensible selection over Horton, but I'm curious as to whether any of the other players on the list are CBs. 

32 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Kelly is also ~2nd in the country in picks and has scored a TD as well. Very defensible selection over Horton, but I'm curious as to whether any of the other players on the list are CBs. 

Yeah - it's tough to compare stats on CBs.  Horton is so much better at CB than Avery Williams on the other side - so the ball rarely gets thrown Horton's way.  I wish there were stats for DBs on how many pass completions were made on each defender as well as PBUs, maybe some sort of PBU per attempt their way sort of percentage.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah - it's tough to compare stats on CBs.  Horton is so much better at CB than Avery Williams on the other side - so the ball rarely gets thrown Horton's way.  I wish there were stats for DBs on how many pass completions were made on each defender as well as PBUs, maybe some sort of PBU per attempt their way sort of percentage.

Same with the Dogs, and it's a good point. Teams rarely challenge Jaron Bryant. But Kelly has given next to nothing up when challenged. 

2 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

There are four DBs on the list. Horton doesn't need to be on there over Kelly.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I don't understand the cognitive dissonance with how these things are handled in general.   You vote Fresno the top team in the league in your rankings, but omit their players.   Would that not imply they are being coached up better than the superior players of other teams?  How, then, are you not giving Tedford coach of the year?

MW media in general does head-scratching things like this every year.

They also left Tezino off. Rypien is still having nightmares of him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, godogsgo said:

I dont know about any SAN TE, but Jared Rice should be in any discussion

SJSU TE Josh Oliver is #1 in the nation for TE's with 5.5 catches a game, and #2 in yards per game. One of the few bright spots for SJSU this season, he'll play on Sundays..

• Like 1

Champ Logo.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

SJSU TE Josh Oliver is #1 in the nation for TE's with 5.5 catches a game, and #2 in yards per game. One of the few bright spots for SJSU this season, he'll play on Sundays..

Very cool. Dont have Rice’s numbers handy, but theyre produced amongst one of the best receiving corps in the country, including other TEs with catches and TDs*

*these represent points toward winning games. Making sure to help out for those fans unfamiliar with winning

#ProductionAmongMen

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Lmao at the absence of Kyahva Tezino. The guy has 18 SOLO tackles the last two weeks for crissakes! That's the most in the entire world of college football!

On the other side of the SDSU ledger, Tyler Roemer isn't having half the season he did in 2017. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.