bigbluebaby

USU is going to kick WYO's A$$ and get our Bridger Rifle back

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

In that regard, any distance is "walkable." It's more of a time thing for someone wanting to enjoy the game day experience. Figure in, you have to double that with the walk back and you're looking at close to a 40 block walk commute. I was just suggesting to the person inquiring, that unless he's going there because he wants to enjoy old lady exercise in a cold wind... you probably want to drive that. 

Dude, it's half an hour. It takes 20 minutes to walk back to the car, get in, drive to the new parking lot, park, and walk to the stadium. The walk goes through all of campus, so it's pretty, and it is supposed to be 60 tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

And does walking the streets of Laramie really constitute physical fitness in your world? 

No, hence why I made fun of how much of a pussy you are for thinking that a mile and a half stroll is a big deal.

• Haha 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Dude, it's half an hour. It takes 20 minutes to walk back to the car, get in, drive to the new parking lot, park, and walk to the stadium. The walk goes through all of campus, so it's pretty, and it is supposed to be 60 tomorrow.

No, hence why I made fun of how much of a pussy you are for thinking that a mile and a half stroll is a big deal.

Seriously, dude, do you or anyone you know regularly park downtown on game days and just walk it? If you say yes, I'm calling bullshet. 

Look, I'm just trying to give this guy accurate info and your panties are all up in a wad. Even your boy called you out suggesting "it was probably a CSU fan." 

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Seriously, dude, do you or anyone you know regularly park downtown on game days and just walk it? If you say yes, I'm calling bullshet. 

Look, I'm just trying to give this guy accurate info and your panties are all up in a wad. Even your boy called you out suggesting "it was probably a CSU fan." 

Yes. Literally every time I've gone to a game in Laramie I either park downtown or around 9th street- so ~5 blocks closer- and walk. this includes when I lived there cause I got my drink on. Every time it's homecoming, that's the progression of the parade. Hell, every morning there is "breakfast at the buck" that, trust me, you have to walk from. 

I guess your couch potato avatar is earned.

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes. Literally every time I've gone to a game in Laramie I either park downtown or around 9th street- so ~5 blocks closer- and walk. this includes when I lived there cause I got my drink on. Every time it's homecoming, that's the progression of the parade. Hell, every morning there is "breakfast at the buck" that, trust me, you have to walk from. 

I guess your couch potato avatar is earned.

Then you're the only one. There is almost zero game day atmosphere downtown before the game. The Crowbar, which was suggested as a place to go, was where we holed up after walking to all the bars and seeing that hardly anyone was downtown. The upstairs wasn't even open because there wasn't enough people there. There was some people eating, but we were the ONLY ones in the bar. Which was fine because I was able to get them to turn on all the games I wanted to watch. When we asked if the Stadium was walkable, they fired back "no, you don't want to do that." 

So, to the visiting guy that asked, if you want to walk 40 blocks unnecessarily, yes you can walk to the stadium. Otherwise, you can park a shet ton closer. 

He's just trying to get information, I'm sorry I hurt your lil feelers. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Then you're the only one. There is almost zero game day atmosphere downtown before the game. The Crowbar, which was suggested as a place to go, was where we holed up after walking to all the bars and seeing that hardly anyone was downtown. The upstairs wasn't even open because there wasn't enough people there. There was some people eating, but we were the ONLY ones in the bar. Which was fine because I was able to get them to turn on all the games I wanted to watch. When we asked if the Stadium was walkable, they fired back "no, you don't want to do that." 

So, to the visiting guy that asked, if you want to walk 40 blocks unnecessarily, yes you can walk to the stadium. Otherwise, you can park a shet ton closer. 

He's just trying to get information, I'm sorry I hurt your lil feelers. 

The crowbar doesn't have an upstairs.

Apparently by looking at you though they came to the same conclusion. You don't want to walk anywhere.

My man, you are really dumb. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I do love how TBSUF is so smart, they know more about your hometown than you. "I was in Laramie once and the place I was at didn't' have its upstairs open and one dude said don't walk so that is the whole town!"

Yes thank you for your exhaustive experience of UW games and Laramie eating and walking. Now run along and pray to the great magical marriage in the sky that Utah State scores less against Wyoming than your team did so you still have message board fodder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

magical marriage in the sky?

Homeboy called Coach Petersen and Kellen Moore a "magical marriage" along with some other flowery language that was... oddly romance novelesque. Mocking ensued

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

The crowbar doesn't have an upstairs.

Apparently by looking at you though they came to the same conclusion. You don't want to walk anywhere.

My man, you are really dumb. 

Or TV's.

But in fairness to him, I do drive up from downtown. I hang out at the Library beforehand then drive up to the summit view lot. But it is an easy walk.

9 hours ago, tspoke said:

Or TV's.

But in fairness to him, I do drive up from downtown. I hang out at the Library beforehand then drive up to the summit view lot. But it is an easy walk.

So for all visiting fans, park downtown and walk to the stadium. That is the locals recommendation. 

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

So for all visiting fans, park downtown and walk to the stadium. That is the locals recommendation. 

You seriously have reading comprehension issues. 

For all visiting fans, park wherever you would like.  It’s Laramie, everything is close.  Being homecoming weekend, there is a lot going on downtown and in the IPF.  If you elect to hit up the Buck or somewhere else downtown for drinks before the game, then yes you should walk from downtown.  It’s a really pretty and easy walk largely being across campus (approx. 18 blocks from 3rd st. to 21st street). 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kingpotato said:

A lot of times I park near the Basque Block and pregame somewhere down there then walk to Albertsons stadium.

Personally I like the walk to/from and parking is a shit load easier that way, as well as getting on the road (I just cut north into the North End to Hill rd) after the game.

That’s got to be about a mile and a half (cutting through Julie Davis by the zoo and taking Friendship Bridge) I would guess, or at least close.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok