bigbluebaby

USU is going to kick WYO's A$$ and get our Bridger Rifle back

32 minutes ago, bigbluebaby said:

K, so no one answered my question. My son and I are going to this game.

Where should I be eating in Laramie?

Crow bar has good pizza, Sweet Melissa's is vegetarian but probably has the best food in town. Born in a barn has good burgers. The Library has a nice mix of their own beers and has the artichoke dip burgers which are great bar food. Speedgoat has some weird shit, basically asian fusion food in a burrito. It's either great or not great. If you want wannabe fancy you can go to Altitude. 

Want some local cuisine!?

Want to rub shoulders with some Wyo fans. 

The buck

Preferably within walking distance to the stadium.

It is laramie, everything is within walking distance. Downtown is about a mile and a half away, that's where the restaurants I mentioned are.

Otherwise you can go to O'Dwyers. It is much closer to the stadium, across the street from the dorms, but nothing else is around. Andale Rapido is the best mexican food in probably the state and is super close to the stadium but has no atmosphere.

Game is at 12:30 so thinking 11:15 early lunch and walk over.

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

19 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Why do you people keep saying we have a solid defense??? I have seen nothing of the sort this season and I don’t expect that to miraculously change over the weekend. I give WYO defense mediocre at best....

Kind of mind boggling considering the fact that they were soo consistent last year, and we have a majority of returning starters. Now it’s up for grabs...they don’t deserve the accolades. 

While I agree to some degree, our defense has pretty much been playing on the Wyo side of the field all game long.  They're out there too much and we're expecting them to defend 50yrds of field.  That's a tough place to be each and every series.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, bigbluebaby said:

K, so no one answered my question. My son and I are going to this game.

Where should I be eating in Laramie?

Want some local cuisine!?

Want to rub shoulders with some Wyo fans. 

Preferably within walking distance to the stadium.

Game is at 12:30 so thinking 11:15 early lunch and walk over.

I'd actually just come to the IPF which is right next to the stadium.  You can get food and drink there.  Free band and other things to do.  How old is your kid?

He is 12, we do at least a couple of USU football road trips a year.

He hasn't been to War Memorial before so he is pretty fired up to see a new stadium.

We are going up the day before (I have some business in Rawlins) staying the night in Rawlins and driving over in the AM.

What type of food is IPF?

14 minutes ago, bigbluebaby said:

He is 12, we do at least a couple of USU football road trips a year.

He hasn't been to War Memorial before so he is pretty fired up to see a new stadium.

We are going up the day before (I have some business in Rawlins) staying the night in Rawlins and driving over in the AM.

What type of food is IPF?

The IPF is our indoor practice facility and serves as a large tailgating area for fans.  Of course there will be fans tailgating in the parking lots around the stadium, the biggest of which is on the south side of the IPF.  https://gowyo.com/sports/2016/6/30/_131476205709986581.aspx

The CJC always has food for it's members and nonmembers in one corner of the IPF.  This is catered by one of the restaurants in Laramie such as Chilis, Applebees, or one of the locals.  In addition to this Dickies BBQ, ChikFilA and others will be serving their stuff.  There are blow-up slides and stuff for the kids.  Oftentimes our other sports teams are there signing autographs and stuff.  The Western Thunder Marching band will come through the IPF and play on their way to the stadium.  That's usually the time you should think about heading in to the stadium.  The entrance to the stadium right next to the IPF is therefore pretty crowded.  You can get in quicker by walking around to another gate..

It's Homecoming so the IPF should be full.

Of course there is the regular food inside the stadium too - burgers, brats, pizza, ChikFilA, etc.

If you're spending the night in Laramie, you can then hit one of the local restaurants for dinner.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

The IPF is our indoor practice facility and serves as a large tailgating area for fans.  Of course there will be fans tailgating in the parking lots around the stadium, the biggest of which is on the south side of the IPF.  https://gowyo.com/sports/2016/6/30/_131476205709986581.aspx

The CJC always has food for it's members and nonmembers in one corner of the IPF.  This is catered by one of the restaurants in Laramie such as Chilis, Applebees, or one of the locals.  In addition to this Dickies BBQ, ChikFilA and others will be serving their stuff.  There are blow-up slides and stuff for the kids.  Oftentimes our other sports teams are there signing autographs and stuff.  The Western Thunder Marching band will come through the IPF and play on their way to the stadium.  That's usually the time you should think about heading in to the stadium.  The entrance to the stadium right next to the IPF is therefore pretty crowded.  You can get in quicker by walking around to another gate..

It's Homecoming so the IPF should be full.

Of course there is the regular food inside the stadium too - burgers, brats, pizza, ChikFilA, etc.

If you're spending the night in Laramie, you can then hit one of the local restaurants for dinner.

Funnel cakes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

The cupboard will be bare in Laramie.

The cowgirls will be going back north w/out our boot this-yr.

Easy lad. I wouldn’t predict a CSU win against UNM at this point and we already beat them. The boot this year will go to whoever struggles less with tying their shoes. Pillow fight of the year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good advice pokebball    I would skip an early lunch (unless it is rapido, totally agree happycamper) and head to the stadium to enjoy our somber atmosphere before the inevitable ass kicking.

Park over by Washington Park (easy walk) and grab dinner after the game.  Good Luck to Ya and let's hope we get to see a Wyoming offensive touchdown Saturday.

3 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

One more thing     take a walk around campus    It is the most beautiful  in the Mountain West  :)

Second most, but it doesn't suck by any means.

If the USU defense can figure out how to stop the power dive to left they have 50 percent of Wyoming's offense stopped,  now Vigen might get tricky and run the other 50 percent of the playbook and confuse the USU defense, but I think USU will figure out the power dive to the right pretty quickly.  After that if you get the offense in a 3rd and 10, all you need to stop is the 3 yard out pattern.  

USU 142

Wyo 2

I think the defense gets a score

• Haha 2

Pokes show up and ruin a lot of people's day in Logan. As if just waking up in Utah shouldn't ruin your day.

This is just what Wyoming does.

Wyoming 34 - USU - 23

Then we lose every other game and challenge Hawaii to a Spam eating contest. Guess who wins that one????

Once you go to Laramie you never go back. The place is a shithole.

nicest restaurant I saw there was the Wendys

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

8 hours ago, pokebball said:

I'd actually just come to the IPF which is right next to the stadium.  You can get food and drink there.  Free band and other things to do.  How old is your kid?

... and you can mace a fake bear in front of it. We did some Wyo-mingling there. 

Honestly, whoever said that the downtown restaurants were "walking distance" is falsely representing the distance. It's, like, 20 blocks from the stadium. You can get 17 blocks closer if you drive. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

... and you can mace a fake bear in front of it. We did some Wyo-mingling there. 

Honestly, whoever said that the downtown restaurants were "walking distance" is falsely representing the distance. It's, like, 20 blocks from the stadium. You can get 17 blocks closer if you drive. 

It was probably a CSU fan