mugtang

I never want to hear the GOP complain about deficits again

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

But the tea party solution isn't acceptable to to 90% of the country.  Just because they're consistent doesn't make it practical.

So convinced of their purity, they always forget that part. 

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

They have been consistent with the message they campaign on.

Unlike you. Most republicans and all democrats.

I've campaigned? Shit, NVGiant 2020!  

What good has that consistency done? The tea party failed at the only thing it wanted to accomplish. It imploded the so-called "grand bargain," a compromise bill that the adults agreed to and the closest we'll come to a deficit deal, because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. They never grasped that they live in a country where they held a minority opinion. So they are kind of just as shitty as the rest, and even more delusional.  

They are the very definition of cutting off their nose to spite their face. But hey, they get to pat themselves on the back for remaining consistent. Goody.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Entitlement spending does need to be reduced. But so does defense spending and spending in every other area of the government. 

Let's just lower taxes some more so the economy grows so much we'll actually bring in more revenue than before, even with the lower tax rates.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Let's just lower taxes some more so the economy grows so much we'll actually bring in more revenue than before, even with the lower tax rates.

I have been consistent in my views that the tax cuts were unnecessary and that we need to raise tax and slash spending to get our fiscal house in order. 

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I have been consistent in my views that the tax cuts were unnecessary and that we need to raise tax and slash spending to get our fiscal house in order. 

I thought you wanted corp rates lower.

And I really wasn't picking on you specifically.  Just making a little snotty remark but using your post to get it started. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

If you were one of my students, I would flag your paper for plagiarism.

#SimpsonBowles

• Like 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

To be fair, I wanted corporate rates lower. That was a good and necessary idea. They just needed to be offset with things like a carbon tax, and the individual tax cut was pure nonsense.

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Might as well own it and just admit that we suck, since we are the government.

Many expect the government to take care of them instead of taking responsibility for themselves. And the government obliges because it garners votes. We could easily cut government spending by 10% and no one would notice. I’ve worked for California state government and have personally seen the inefficiency and waste. Supervisors spend their budgets whether there is a need or not so that future budgets aren’t cut. My supervisor was working on his masters going to school at night and doing homework during working hours. There are programs that have gone on for years that continue when there is no further use for them. 

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

And I really wasn't picking on you specifically.  Just making a little snotty remark but using your post to get it started. 

Overall I’m fine with the corporate tax changes.  The rates needed to be lowered to bring our rates into competition with the rest of the world.  They just shouldn’t have been debt financed and should’ve been offset with increases in other places along with some spending cuts too. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

To be fair, I wanted corporate rates lower. That was a good and necessary idea. They just needed to be offset with things like a carbon tax, and the individual tax cut was pure nonsense.

I’ll bet you aren’t going to give any of that individual tax cut back at the end of the year. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ll bet you aren’t going to give any of that individual tax cut back at the end of the year. 

I live in a high income tax state. My taxes will be about break even, but that doesn’t make this argument any less silly.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

You can jack up the tax rate all you want you are still never getting more than 18% of GDP in tax revenue. You are arguing a shell game. Significant spending cuts and entitlement reforms are the only effective solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I've campaigned? Shit, NVGiant 2020!  

What good has that consistency done? The tea party failed at the only thing it wanted to accomplish. It imploded the so-called "grand bargain," a compromise bill that the adults agreed to and the closest we'll come to a deficit deal, because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. They never grasped that they live in a country where they held a minority opinion. So they are kind of just as shitty as the rest, and even more delusional.  

They are the very definition of cutting off their nose to spite their face. But hey, they get to pat themselves on the back for remaining consistent. Goody.

They shaved an estimated $2 trillion off the debt which is saving us more in interest every day when they forced the sequestration cuts.  Which of course the politicians you support have done everything to sabotage.

That alone is not bad for 25ish guys or basically about 6-7% of the members in a house of representatives

You are the very definition of hypocrite for even suggesting you think the deficit needs to be reduced.  You are the very definition of partisan with your hatred of a very small group who has had outlandish success in comparison to their power.  You can criticize all you want but politically they have had unprecedented success for such a small group.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/02/27/politics/tea-party-greatest-hits/index.html

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

No, but I bet he'll never bitch about the debt either. Regardless of who's in the White House. 

Sure he will and so will you.  You have both done so in this thread acting like you give a damn about the debt.  When you have zero interest in any cuts.

The only politicians with any credibility on the debt are a few tea party guys.  Which of course you and NVGiant hate and demagogue.

6 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

So convinced your right, you won't even consider any other solution.

Especially any solution that would cut what you think are your benefits.

You know that’s not my position, but you say it anyway. You’ll never change.