mugtang

I never want to hear the GOP complain about deficits again

Just now, renoskier said:

Well that's because the personal cuts were absolutely unnecessary.

When it comes to personal income taxes, how low is low enough?

"well let you know when we get there"

Image result for Jared kushner smiling

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Well that's because the personal cuts were absolutely unnecessary.

When it comes to personal income taxes, how low is low enough?

No, politically they were necessary to get the corp rates cut.  Fiscally, they were stupid

The World Needs More Cowboys!

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Humor me anyways. do you think the dems are willing to come to the table and discuss cuts?

I think I know your answer, because you're not answering.

Ummm...the GOP controls everything, maybe they should display the courage of their convictions and ram it through. Don't you think they could sell the wisdom of fiscal discipline to the country?

• Like 1

Just now, renoskier said:

Ummm...the GOP controls everything, maybe they should display the courage of their convictions and ram it through. Don't you think they could sell the wisdom of fiscal discipline to the country?

#StillNotAnswering

11 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Humor me anyways. do you think the dems are willing to come to the table and discuss cuts?

I think I know your answer, because you're not answering.

Do you think the repubs will come to the table to discuss raising taxes?

If we really want to eliminate the deficit it will take alterations to both incoming and outgoing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

You are assuming the Republicans are more fiscally responsible than the Democrats. They aren’t. 

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I have teenagers, boys and girls. It's the boys who are always asking for money and they also break the bank every time they raid the frig.

Do you ever go to the mall? 80% of the shoppers are girls who have to be dressed in the latest fashions. Most guys don’t give a shit what they look like. 

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

If we really want to eliminate the deficit it will take alterations to both incoming and outgoing.

You should know better. Not going to happen until the shit hits the fan. 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I said exactly this in an earlier post.  It can't be one or the other, it has to be both.

It's probably my partisan shyt on life, but I think more repbus are willing to raise taxes than you think, if the Dems are willing to look at cuts, in addition to just defense spending.

I think the GOP has their heals dug in on defense spending.  I think the Dems have their heals dug in on most all other spending.

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

No, politically they were necessary to get the corp rates cut.  Fiscally, they were stupid

Here's a question... do you believe it was the tax cuts for the middle class and below that were required to get it to pass from a PR perspective? Or was it all of the individual cut as a whole? Perhaps they should have left the top bracket at 39.6% instead of dropping it to 37%. I also keep hearing that the corporate tax cuts were necessary because businesses would bring their money back here, and we'd see an increase of corporate tax revenue. Yet corporate tax revenues are down 30% from last year. We didn't see all of the reinvestment into employee salaries either... we saw massive stock buybacks instead. Yes, a few companies handed out some bonuses, which were chump change in the grand scheme of things, there weren't really any increases to employee salaries beyond what would normally be seen. 

Make me speaker, give me a President with a conscience and a brain, and cocaine Mitch and I will get the job done. $2 billion in pork barrel spending to every yes vote!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

If/When the Dems take control of the government (it will happen again because that’s the flow of things) I don’t want to hear a peep from the GOP about how the Dem spending is driving deficits and blah blah blah.  Not after running up trillion dollar deficits during a time of economic boom.  Phucking Hypocrites. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/16/657790901/federal-deficit-jumps-17-percent-as-tax-cuts-eat-into-government-revenue

Me neither...  this is why I stopped registering Republican back during the Bush years.  There are very few fiscal conservatives in the party anymore - and Trump “the king of debt” is clearly among the worst of them.

v0icAvfW.jpg

31 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

We bailed out people that shouldn’t have been bailed out. The stimulus package was also sold on improving infrastructure which never happened. A lot of that money was wasted on projects like Solyndra. We should have taken our medicine then as bad as it would have tasted. 

Deflection. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say