mugtang

I never want to hear the GOP complain about deficits again

If/When the Dems take control of the government (it will happen again because that’s the flow of things) I don’t want to hear a peep from the GOP about how the Dem spending is driving deficits and blah blah blah.  Not after running up trillion dollar deficits during a time of economic boom.  Phucking Hypocrites. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/16/657790901/federal-deficit-jumps-17-percent-as-tax-cuts-eat-into-government-revenue

• Like 11

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

If/When the Dems take control of the government (it will happen again because that’s the flow of things) I don’t want to hear a peep from the GOP about how the Dem spending is driving deficits and blah blah blah.  Not after running up trillion dollar deficits during a time of economic boom.  Phucking Hypocrites. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/16/657790901/federal-deficit-jumps-17-percent-as-tax-cuts-eat-into-government-revenue

My dad used to tell me, "Want in one hand, sh*t in the other, and see which one gets filled up first." 

• Like 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, mugtang said:

Are you serious?  Everyone should be bitching about deficits.  There are two sides that are causing this.  Dems won't cut and Repubs are tax.  We're all gonna bitch

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I give it about two weeks after the Dems regain power before that familiar refrain is recycled

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Are you serious?  Everyone should be bitching about deficits.  There are two sides that are causing this.  Dems won't cut and Repubs are tax.  We're all gonna bitch

Yes I’m serious. They spent 8 years complaining about it under Obama then when they control all 3 parts of the Government there’s not a word about it and they’re acting like it’s not a problem.  It’s only a problem when a Democrat is in office. 

We shouldn’t be running huge deficits during times of economic expansion.  It’s terrible fiscal policy. 

• Like 4

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

damn RHINO's Trumplicans in Congress!  

FIFY 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yes I’m serious. They spent 8 years complaining about it under Obama then when they control all 3 parts of the Government there’s not a word about it and they’re acting like it’s not a problem.  It’s only a problem when a Democrat is in office. 

We shouldn’t be running huge deficits during times of economic expansion.  It’s terrible fiscal policy. 

Both sides have been complaining about it for decades and neither side is going to stop.  It is terrible fiscal policy.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

The deficit is a bipartisan-caused problem. You're absolutely right about that. But let's not pretend that the right didn't take all that righteousness over the deficit that lit it on fire for eight years and throw all of it away the moment they regained power. 

Mug is right. The GOP is so incredibly hypocritical about this issue that it defies logic. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Both sides have been complaining about it for decades and neither side is going to stop.  It is terrible fiscal policy.

I agree. But who’s in control of the House and Senate right now?  They could’ve easily said “you know what maybe tax cuts during an economic boom isn’t a good thing.  Also, maybe we should cut some of that spending while we’re at it”.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

The deficit is a bipartisan-caused problem. You're absolutely right about that. But let's not pretend that the right didn't take all that righteousness over the deficit that lit it on fire for eight years and throw all of it away the moment they regained power. 

Mug is right. The GOP is so incredibly hypocritical about this issue that it defies logic. 

No one has ever been able to take all of the righteousness over the deficit.  We don't let each other.

Both sides are incredibly hypocritical about this issue and anyone on either side that thinks differently defies logic.

11 minutes ago, pokerider said:

damn RHINO's in Congress!  

If there were what people call rhinos in congress we would probably be spending less

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I agree. But who’s in control of the House and Senate right now?  They could’ve easily said “you know what maybe tax cuts during an economic boom isn’t a good thing.  Also, maybe we should cut some of that spending while we’re at it”.  

I would argue not the republicans. They are in control of one man.

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

I meant to put RINO

I did too :facepalm:

People called guys like Mccain "rinos" because... they aren't dixie crats? I never got that. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Why does this always turn into, "BUT THE OTHER SIDE" when this is discussed. I don't give a flying +++++ what the Democrats did or didn't do when they were in power. What matters right now is that the GOP spent a full eight +++++ing years bitching about spending, and how it was irresponsible, and that they were the party of fiscal restraint. They waited about half a second after gaining control of the two sides of government before they started driving us even further into deficit spending. 

Neither side has a good track record on this... but it's blatantly hypocritical to respond to a very valid criticism of the party of Trump with "BUT THE DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mugtang said:

FIFY 

10 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If there were what people call rhinos in congress we would probably be spending less

I would argue not the republicans. They are in control of one man.

See my FIFY above 

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The corporate tax rate cuts were critical.  I think the GOP felt they had to give some individual cuts to get the corp cuts.  Politically, do you think the corp cuts could have happened otherwise?

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The corporate tax rate cuts were critical.  I think the GOP felt they had to give some individual cuts to get the corp cuts.  Politically, do you think the corp cuts could have happened otherwise?

A huge portion of the cuts came from the personal side though.  They didn’t need to cut individual rates that much.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Why does this always turn into, "BUT THE OTHER SIDE" when this is discussed. I don't give a flying +++++ what the Democrats did or didn't do when they were in power. What matters right now is that the GOP spent a full eight +++++ing years bitching about spending, and how it was irresponsible, and that they were the party of fiscal restraint. They waited about half a second after gaining control of the two sides of government before they started driving us even further into deficit spending. 

Neither side has a good track record on this... but it's blatantly hypocritical to respond to a very valid criticism of the party of Trump with "BUT THE DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!!!"

Do you think the Dems are willing to come to the table today and discuss cuts towards getting our fiscal house in order or will they beat the shyt out of the GOP in order to score points for the upcoming elections?