CPslograd

Still glad I didnt vote for this ass

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So the answer to my question would be "yes." 

You are incapable of acknowledging what he has done beyond the shit you hate.  The guy could cure cancer tomorrow and it would make no difference to you.  You just focus on your hatred and perform whatever mental gymnastics it takes for you to rationalize your hatred.

But your hatred for libshits like Obama and Hilary is rooted in reason and intellectual consistency.

• Like 5

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

So the answer to my question would be "yes." 

You are incapable of acknowledging what he has done beyond the shit you hate.  The guy could cure cancer tomorrow and it would make no difference to you.  You just focus on your hatred and perform whatever mental gymnastics it takes for you to rationalize your hatred.

Has he cured cancer? Did I miss that? Because as I see it his policies are conservative in every way I reject modern conservatism: irresponsible tax cuts, litmus-tested judges, mindless gutting of bureaucracies with no consideration of long-term consequences. And liberal in every way I despise modern liberalism: economic protectionism and over-simplified populism. His general policy, both foreign and domestic, seems to be short-term gains over long-term prudence. 

Add in a helping of nationalism, fueling racism, and overall dishonesty, and I think that pretty much sums up what I think of his policy successes. 

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Oh please show me what Obama did in his 8 years that can even hold a candle to what Trump has done in 2.

Hell, your boy said manufacturing wasn't coming back.  How many millions of manufacturing jobs has Trump added already?

Obama was a smooth talking disaster of a president.  Trump is a good pres who has the sacial demeanor of a 8th grader.  But his work product is outstanding.     

• Consumer financial protection Bureau
  • ACA
  • Dodd-Frank
  • Repealed DADT
  • Nationalized Student Loan program
  • Credit card reform
  • Public lands reform
  • Gave the FDA power to regulate tobacco
  • Next generation education standards

I know you're the biggest ride of die guy for Trump on here, but come on man. Trump has not had the kind of legislative whirlwind that Obama had between 2008-2010 (and thank god, single party rule is excessive).

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, happycamper said:
  • Consumer financial protection Bureau
  • ACA
  • Dodd-Frank
  • Repealed DADT
  • Nationalized Student Loan program
  • Credit card reform
  • Public lands reform
  • Gave the FDA power to regulate tobacco
  • Next generation education standards

I know you're the biggest ride of die guy for Trump on here, but come on man. Trump has not had the kind of legislative whirlwind that Obama had between 2008-2010 (and thank god, single party rule is excessive).

About those next generation education standards....the way they teach math now is ridiculous.  When my child needs help with it I have to spend time learning the new methods. It doesn’t follow logical patterns and makes shit more complicated than it needs to be. 

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

But your hatred for libshits like Obama and Hilary is rooted in reason and intellectual consistency.

I gave Obama credit when I thought credit was due, most commonly in the method in which he handled war on terror.  I took some flak for it too. 

Hillary never really did anything as SOS that was worthy of praise.  She was a horrible SOS.  I doubt even Obama could honestly praise her for the job she did.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I mean, that's essentially the bulk of his accomplishments. He named two Supreme Court justices... Obama did the same thing. I'm not comparing the political bent of the justices, just the actual unbiased "accomplishment" as they're defining them. He's cut regulations right and left, and we're yet to see what the long-term impact of that is going to be. The tax bill was a massive redistribution of wealth, especially with the change to how CPI is treated, and has also resulted in massive increases to our deficit and national debt. They point to "higher wages", but consumer buying power has effectively stayed the same due to inflation, and we're looking at inflation to continue to increase. He had a meeting with Kim Jong Un, but nothing has really happened in North Korea. He's threatened our allies, levied tariffs on counties all around the world which is going to end up damaging our economy as well.

There's a list of things that he's done, and technically "accomplished', but we'll have to see whether the long term impact of those "accomplishments" is a net positive or negative for the country. The early returns on economic impacts aren't particularly encouraging. 

I love it when you become unbiased

• Haha 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I gave Obama credit when I thought credit was due, most commonly in the method in which he handled war on terror.  I took some flak for it too. 

Hillary never really did anything as SOS that was worthy of praise.  She was a horrible SOS.  I doubt even Obama could honestly praise her for the job she did.

LULZ, you are a paragon of evenhandedness. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

About those next generation education standards....the way they teach math now is ridiculous.  When my child needs help with it I have to spend time learning the new methods. It doesn’t follow logical patterns and makes shit more complicated than it needs to be. 

Did you see Incredibles 2?  There is a scene with the dad bitching about new math, its relatable and funny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

Did you see Incredibles 2?  There is a scene with the dad bitching about new math, its relatable and funny.

Yeah I saw it and it is absolutely relatable. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I don’t understand the big deal about the painting.  The guy had painted this in the past and updated it when Trump was elected. Also there’s another one centered around Obama. :shrug:

That painting is so disingenuous. Honest Abe was the greatest president in the country's history and the Roughrider and Ike were damn good presidents in their own right. Although I think Reagan is highly overrated, he wasn't bad either. So the painting disgraces all four by placing them in the company of three idiots, Ford, HW and Dubya, a factual "crook" in Tricky Dick, and now a guy who if he isn't a crook - and I'm convinced he will eventually be proven to be - is at least a lying SOS.

So if accuracy matters, the painting would be of nobody but Trump, Nixon and probably also Herbert Hoover.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

• The way they teach math isn't generally in line with the next generation standards - or at least is far beyond them. Seriously, the standard for subtraction is "learn subtraction using the standard algorithm", which is what we all learned.
  • In general the stuff that old people bitch about is stuff that makes math more intuitive and less by rote. Story time, happycamper always demolished his peers when we played mental math games- addition, subtraction, etc. I used placeholding shortcuts and "added to the 100" because, hey, that's the easiest way to do it mentally. I always assumed that this was how everyone did it, I was just best at it. about 2 years ago the common core horror story articles come out... bitching about how happy's mental math tricks were ruining math education. neither my wife nor my friends had used those tricks. They're teaching what kids should have been learning anyway.
  • I never said "look at the wonderful things Obama did!!!!!!!!!!!" I said, "look at the things Obama did". 
  • Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You're so full of shit you make Greeley smell nice by comparison. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I definitely agree on that point... but the other changes aside from the math part, I actually think are pretty decent. The changes themselves aren't awful, and actually happy made a good point that they include a lot of the mental "tricks" that I've used over the years as well. It's just difficult for me to translate those to my kids.

30 minutes ago, pokebball said:

He's actually done more than Obama

No, he hasn't.

Look at the list of his legislative accomplishments vs. Obama's. Look at what Obama did in expanding the bureaucracy. Hell, look at what Trump's "accomplishments" are. 90% of them are rolling back Obama era regulations! When the biggest wins you have are undoing some of the things the last guy did, by definition you are doing less than the last guy. 

• The way they teach math isn't generally in line with the next generation standards - or at least is far beyond them. Seriously, the standard for subtraction is "learn subtraction using the standard algorithm", which is what we all learned.
  • In general the stuff that old people bitch about is stuff that makes math more intuitive and less by rote. Story time, happycamper always demolished his peers when we played mental math games- addition, subtraction, etc. I used placeholding shortcuts and "added to the 100" because, hey, that's the easiest way to do it mentally. I always assumed that this was how everyone did it, I was just best at it. about 2 years ago the common core horror story articles come out... bitching about how happy's mental math tricks were ruining math education. neither my wife nor my friends had used those tricks. They're teaching what kids should have been learning anyway.
  • I never said "look at the wonderful things Obama did!!!!!!!!!!!" I said, "look at the things Obama did". 

You got me there.  

No, he hasn't.

Look at the list of his legislative accomplishments vs. Obama's. Look at what Obama did in expanding the bureaucracy. Hell, look at what Trump's "accomplishments" are. 90% of them are rolling back Obama era regulations! When the biggest wins you have are undoing some of the things the last guy did, by definition you are doing less than the last guy. 

It's not even close.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

No, he hasn't.

You're a dem, i know....

• Facepalm 1

45 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

How many millions of manufacturing jobs has Trump added already?

About 0.4 millions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1