AndroidAggie

trigger warning: liberal woman sings parody

What's the big deal? What's so controversial? The majority of men have women they love romantically, sisters, mothers, aunts, grandmother's, friends, coworkers. The vast majority of men appreciate and respect women. I'm not sure what to do about the Neanderthals that don't, I think everything that should be illegal is illegal. Crimes should be prosecuted. The reference to the Kavanaugh, everyone listened, but her lack of honesty and so many areas plus her inability to name location, time how she got there, undermined her credibility. even the second front door was a fraud, she wanted it so she could meet with clients and they wouldn't have to come into her personal residence. It had nothing to do with being traumatized.

But as to the video, I actually liked it, in that it has a catchy jingle, and a reminder of how many ways a woman's life is different than my own.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, nomascows said:

I get what she is saying but I have heard more than one woman lament not being able to go jogging with earphones in.  That is stupid behavior no matter who you are, man, woman or child.

Situational awareness people, situational awareness.

Sure. But for women it’s stupid for additional reasons. 

• Like 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

22 minutes ago, nomascows said:

I get what she is saying but I have heard more than one woman lament not being able to go jogging with earphones in.  That is stupid behavior no matter who you are, man, woman or child.

Situational awareness people, situational awareness.

Missing the point

• Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

everyone listened, but her lack of honesty and so many areas plus her inability to name location, time how she got there, undermined her credibility. even the second front door was a fraud, she wanted it so she could meet with clients and they wouldn't have to come into her personal residence. It had nothing to do with being traumatized.

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I had it explained to me like this once on what it's like to be female walking around.

Not that you are unsafe in most cases, but you are almost always at least vulnerable. Half the population is bigger and stronger right off the bat.  Being in a one on one situation is almost always a losing proposition.

As a dude, I can cancel out pretty much all women as being a threat and, even though I'm not a tough guy by any stretch, most individual men really don't pose a threat, even with their intentions are bad. I just don't feel vulnerable in 98% of situations.

But women feel vulnerable almost all the time so cut them some slack.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

I had it explained to me like this once on what it's like to be female walking around.

Not that you are unsafe in most cases, but you are almost always at least vulnerable. Half the population is bigger and stronger right off the bat.  Being in a one on one situation is almost always a losing proposition.

As a dude, I can cancel out pretty much all women as being a threat and, even though I'm not a tough guy by any stretch, most individual men really don't pose a threat, even with their intentions are bad. I just don't feel vulnerable in 98% of situations.

But women feel vulnerable almost all the time so cut them some slack.  

Dave Chappelle's bit about having a backpack full of cash in the hood hits it on the nose.

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Missing the point

No I am not.  Her point being that men have a very few things to worry about vs women who have a great many.  Just pointing out that walking around listening to music with your head in your azz is a bad idea for anyone.

1 minute ago, nomascows said:

No I am not.  Her point being that men have a very few things to worry about vs women who have a great many.  Just pointing out that walking around listening to music with your head in your azz is a bad idea for anyone.

Still missing the point.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED AND DON'T LIKE SEEING THINGS FROM VIEWPOINTS THAT ARE DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSED TO YOUR OWN.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I'd love to hear that intellectual giant, Don Jr., weigh in.

• Haha 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, nomascows said:

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Still missing the point.

No he's not. He's just making a different point. One, since I never wear headphones, I happen to agree with. All folks should be more aware of their surroundings and when you're wearing ear buds, you've pretty much shut off your ability to hear the outside world.

2 hours ago, nomascows said:

27 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No he's not. He's just making a different point. One, since I never wear headphones, I happen to agree with. All folks should be more aware of their surroundings and when you're wearing ear buds, you've pretty much shut off your ability to hear the outside world.

Not runners, are you guys?