UNLV2001

Darned cold

9 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

East Mountain-er, eh?

I love it out here....we didn’t get that action at our place.

Yup, Sedillo exit 181, north side of I40. Got another 1 1/2” last night. And yes, I love it out here in the east mountains!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 10/15/2018 at 6:14 PM, bluerules009 said:

I lived in Las Vegas for 10 years and unless it was a special event I wore shorts and short sleeves every day.  It hardly ever even got below 50 during the day and that is fine weather.

72 is considered the perfect temperature for humans.

From google

As a medical definition, the range generally considered suitable for human occupancy is between 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit) and 25 °C (77 °F), though human comfort can extend beyond this range depending on humidity, air circulation and other factors.

The night before the 1998 Las Vegas Bowl it snowed. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

22 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Cheyenne for about 9 months, which was warm,  then over to Rock Springs for 8 1/2 years.  About 15 degrees colder than salt lake and Denver, then put 40 mph winds behind it. The dang snow never came down straight like it did in Jackson, it was always in the side of the telephone poles, lol. Brutal. I never want to see snow/wind again. :P

Rock Springs is the arm pit of Wyoming.  My ex is from there.  After 23 years in Laramie - I don't miss the weather and especially the wind!

• Like 1

down in a hole.jpg

13 hours ago, RenoRedskin said:

Sick man how does surg sound. I was real close to going to force fest in Mexico City but wussed out. Sucks Colorado state and Boise State play at the same time. The game should be over by the time system takes the stage. 

I'm jealous!  Rock extra hard for me!!!  So far this year in Boise, I've seen Bad Wolves, Nothing More, Breaking Benjamin, 5FDP, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Slayer.  Last week was Asking Alexandria, Godsmack & Shinedown.  Just waiting for Metallica next month and then I'll have seen all of the Big 4 in Boise - in a year. LOL  Tool came last summer and sold out in less than 15 minutes!

• Like 1

down in a hole.jpg

Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe will open for season passholders only this Friday and Saturday for skiing and snowboarding.  

Mt. Rose will offer access to three beginner ski trails in the Enchanted Forest area. Mountain access will only be open to Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe season passholders. 

The Lodgepole Café and Timbers Bar will also be open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Equipment rental, ski lessons, the repair shop and 431 Sports will not be available, however skiers and riders can pick-up season leases and purchase season passes. All parking will be at the Main Lodge.

On Saturday, the resort’s Hiring Mixer will take place from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Main Lodge for those looking for an opportunity to join the Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe team. The resort is hiring a variety of full- and part-time seasonal positions.

This marks the earliest opening in Mt. Rose’s history (prior earliest date was Oct. 26, 2017). 

For more information about resort services, conditions, or to purchase a lift ticket or season pass, visit www.skirose.com.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 10/16/2018 at 11:20 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

Your post makes me miss riding in the back of pick-up trucks as a kid. So what if occasionally some unlucky brat got bounced off the floor of the bed and onto the road and ended up spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair... you never heard him complaining!

Of course, that was because of the paralysis, but that's beside the point. We were MEN, goddamnit!

Remember playing Pop Warner football in the early 70s and riding in the back of trucks as we traveled the freeways of SD. Man how times have changed 😂

On 10/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, RenoRedskin said:

Sick man how does surg sound. I was real close to going to force fest in Mexico City but wussed out. Sucks Colorado state and Boise State play at the same time. The game should be over by the time system takes the stage. 

I think you'll miss either the 4th Qtr -or- the beginning of SOAD:

6pm Pac...Kick-Off -&- DOORS

7-7:30pm...SKELETONWITCH

7:45-8:30pm...ATDI

9-11pm...SOAD

14 minutes ago, RenoRedskin said:

I won’t be missing System! Hopefully the game is in hand by then but Colorado State normally plays the broncos tough. 

We're BAD this yr.  You'll be comfortably ahead when SOAD takes the stage.

Typo above.  I meant 4th Qtr...not 1st.