UNLV2001

Darned cold

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

These "Nanooks of the North" on this board don't realize how 75 feels downright chilly after a run of 100 or so of 100+ degree days and nights :foottap:

The breezes today were a bit chilling - I have to be at a 7:30 am meeting tomorrow and might have to wear heavier clothing as it will probably be in the 60's until 10 am :(

Pussy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

It isn't Wyoming cold in Northern Nevada but it can get cold.

I was probably 17 or so and we were trapping muskrats which is something you do in December, January and February.  It entails going out in the swamp every morning before light so you can check your traps and get back for school.   So it can be miserable cold, below zero and windy.  Plus you have to get in the water to get the muskrats who are like frozen ice cubes and reset the traps.   

As in your example one day in February when the sun was out and it seemed really warm.  We took our clothes off and dove through the 8th inch of ice and swam around to cool off.   It was very comfortable to us.  If I did that now days I would die.   Nothing is as tough as a teenager.   Especially if you have spent your life outdoors.

On the other end of the spectrum when I lived in Vegas, I would go down to Sunset park and play basketball all day on Saturdays.  Sometimes it was well over 110 and that didn't bother me either.    I couldn't even comfortably sit next to that court today.

When I came back to Vegas after being in Wyoming for 10 years, I swore I would never whine about the heat again..It took about 15 years, but I finally caved about 2 years ago during the 3rd different week of temps of 118. it didn't help that when I left Tahoe that morning it was 50, lol. on the flip side, every time the wind blows in the winter (have I mentioned I hate the wind??) I feel like I need to move further south..whatever. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well this AM it was just above 50 when i ventured out into the deep freeze - Bunch of internet tough guys around here sitting inside their abodes in 78 degree artificial warmth with sweatshirts on telling us all how they can tough out the cold :foottap:

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, RenoRedskin said:

Looks nice coming to Vegas Thursday to see System of a Down at T-Mobile!

Is it everyone in SOAD? I would love to see them?

down in a hole.jpg

15 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

When I came back to Vegas after being in Wyoming for 10 years, I swore I would never whine about the heat again..It took about 15 years, but I finally caved about 2 years ago during the 3rd different week of temps of 118. it didn't help that when I left Tahoe that morning it was 50, lol. on the flip side, every time the wind blows in the winter (have I mentioned I hate the wind??) I feel like I need to move further south..whatever. :D

What area of Wyoming did you live in?  

down in a hole.jpg

19 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Oh man you conjured up memories of when I used to go to school in a muscle shirt during zero degree weather. The things we did as teenagers... But we lived through it no helmets, seatbelts, or participation trophies.

Your post makes me miss riding in the back of pick-up trucks as a kid. So what if occasionally some unlucky brat got bounced off the floor of the bed and onto the road and ended up spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair... you never heard him complaining!

Of course, that was because of the paralysis, but that's beside the point. We were MEN, goddamnit!

• Haha 4

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

What area of Wyoming did you live in?  

Cheyenne for about 9 months, which was warm,  then over to Rock Springs for 8 1/2 years.  About 15 degrees colder than salt lake and Denver, then put 40 mph winds behind it. The dang snow never came down straight like it did in Jackson, it was always in the side of the telephone poles, lol. Brutal. I never want to see snow/wind again. :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Cheyenne for about 9 months, which was warm,  then over to Rock Springs for 8 1/2 years.  About 15 degrees colder than salt lake and Denver, then put 40 mph winds behind it. The dang snow never came down straight like it did in Jackson, it was always in the side of the telephone poles, lol. Brutal. I never want to see snow/wind again. :P

Rock Springs is “hair on your chest” living      Not Rawlins or Wamsutter tough, but the real deal for sure. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NWRebel said:

I can't wait for a huge snowfall and drag out the snowblower.  I got this 3 stage blower that will blast snow 40 feet into the air.  There was a moose in the back yard yesterday.  I'll cover her with blanket of snow if she +++++s with me this winter.

3-stage?  F’king awesome. :rotflmfao:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

3-stage?  F’king awesome. :rotflmfao:

When I rub down that machines chute with RainX I can get another 5 feet.  That reminds me I need to get up on the roof and RainX my satellite dish.  I'm going to try some WD40 on my snow shovel.  I've heard that works good too.  You got to keep that snow off all your vital components in order defeat mother nature.  The cold and snow can kiss my ass this coming winter.  I've got about a 250 foot driveway and last year there was nobody within  5 miles with a cleaner driveway.  I'm serious as a mofo when it comes to this stuff.

My first winter snow I used a snow shovel for the first two snows.  The first time took me 7 hours to clean my drive.  That is never going to happen again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Jeez I wish it would cool off in Tampa. It was in the 90's the last couple days.

I used to travel to St. Petersburg near to you in October and I don't ever recall it being that warm.  I use to jog at night with a sweatshirt.  The day temperature was  usually in the lower 80's.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:06 PM, RenoRedskin said:

Looks nice coming to Vegas Thursday to see System of a Down at T-Mobile!

I'll be there.  I'm on tour w/the support act "At the Drive In."

We're in Phoenix tonight...SD mañana.

• Like 1

This was my truck when I woke up im Denver Sunday morning, about the time I was ready to head back to NM...

Then my deck when I woke up Monday morning here on the east side of the Sandia mountains...

11C95843-5B95-4CAE-81B1-4F416BB74EA3.jpeg

176F35ED-EFA7-42C2-B6CC-834F56FB6313.jpeg

• Like 7

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

24 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

This was my truck when I woke up im Denver Sunday morning, about the time I was ready to head back to NM...

Then my deck when I woke up Monday morning here on the east side of the Sandia mountains...

11C95843-5B95-4CAE-81B1-4F416BB74EA3.jpeg

176F35ED-EFA7-42C2-B6CC-834F56FB6313.jpeg

East Mountain-er, eh?

I love it out here....we didn’t get that action at our place.

• Like 1

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

1 hour ago, NWRebel said:

I used to travel to St. Petersburg near to you in October and I don't ever recall it being that warm.  I use to jog at night with a sweatshirt.  The day temperature was  usually in the lower 80's.

I "stuck around St Petersburg.............when I saw it time for a change":rimshot1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RenoRedskin said:

Sick man how does surg sound. I was real close to going to force fest in Mexico City but wussed out. Sucks Colorado state and Boise State play at the same time. The game should be over by the time system takes the stage. 

Everybody sounds good.  

CDMX came to me last-wknd.  I saw former client, Café Tacvba at The Troubadour the night before I took-off on the SOAD Tour.

My next gig, the Danzig Halloween Tour, will take me through a bunch o' MWC mkts:  Boise, Reno, Laramie, FoCo/Denver, El ABQ & Viva.

Send me an IM if you want to grab a beer or watch the game b4 the show.

• Like 1