pokebball

Is this fair?

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/15/rachel-mckinnon-transgender-cyclist-calls-out-bigo/

I don't know what the answer here is, but is it really bigotry to to suggest this isn't fair?

DpeodPPU8AUEib6.jpg

Congrats Progressives!  You win! 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No. But it’s cycling, so what constitutes fair is a little warped anyway.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/15/rachel-mckinnon-transgender-cyclist-calls-out-bigo/

I don't know what the answer here is, but is it really bigotry to to suggest this isn't fair?

Right?

I don't think it's fair, but biology and science aren't what people are going for these days. 

Men still have more muscle mass, they have less body fat, and they aren't biologically female.  So, in an athletic competition, I don't think it's fair.  I think we'll see more and more trans people winning races on the female side of things over time.

• Like 2

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

The rules committee of an obscure sport no one cares about otherwise will decide what is fair and what is not fair. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The rules committee of an obscure sport no one cares about otherwise will decide what is fair and what is not fair. 

You know what they say, as the Women’s Sprint 35-44 Age Bracket of the UCI Masters Tracks Cycling World Championships go, the world goes.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You know what they say, as the Women’s Sprint 35-44 Age Bracket of the UCI Masters Tracks Cycling World Championships go, the world goes.

What's next, racing against dogs???

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Of course it’s not fair. How could it be. I don’t think you’re going to see many women to men tranny’s in professional sports, but it’ll be a problem in women’s sports as we’re seeing. A similar argument goes for disabled competing with extra help like that sprinter had those flexible lower leg apparatus making it easy to go faster. The the golfer that got to ride in a cart the entire time. 

This whole transgender thing gets waaaaaaaay more publicity in all areas of life than it deserves when you look at how few people there really are, and we all know why. 

kat.jpg

15 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Maybe the women cycling folks can fix the problem by including a quick swimsuit or evening gown competition that’s added to the score. 😹😹

You unwittingly speak to a truth here. I don't see people asking if it's fair that Anna Kournikova or Danica Patrick made piles more money than the women who were objectively better than them at their respective sports.

Trans women have a ceiling clearly built in to their success. So conservative dudes who suddenly care about women's sports can relax. Your daughters will still be able to make plenty of money selling sex through advertising if they are defeated on the playing field by a guy who decided to cut his junk off or tuck it. 

• Like 1

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

You unwittingly speak to a truth here. I don't see people asking if it's fair that Anna Kournikova or Danica Patrick made piles more money than the women who were objectively better than them at their respective sports.

Trans women have a ceiling clearly built in to their success. So conservative dudes who suddenly care about women's sports can relax. Your daughters will still be able to make plenty of money selling sex through advertising if they are defeated by a guy who decided to cut his junk off on the playing field. 

I feel so much better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Trans women have a ceiling clearly built in to their success. So conservative dudes who suddenly care about women's sports can relax. Your daughters will still be able to make plenty of money selling sex through advertising if they are defeated on the playing field by a guy who decided to cut his junk off. 

I don't think castration is a requirement.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

I don't think castration is a requirement.

OK, I fixed it.