pokebball

Is this fair?

7 hours ago, NVGiant said:

You know what they say, as the Women’s Sprint 35-44 Age Bracket of the UCI Masters Tracks Cycling World Championships go, the world goes.

They are doing it in high school sports too.

There are actual females probably not getting scholarships because they can't compete in high school.

If I would have ordered a set of plastic tits when I was 17 and said I was a female I could have won every event on the track and field competition and been the only high school "girl", ever to dunk on a man.

This shit is just stupid.  Just another result of the ignorant policies of the left.

I would have won the ugly girl competition hands down too!

The only people suffering an equal rights violation are actual females.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

This is a topic one cannot complain about publicly. If you do, you will be crucified.

I don't buy that in our growing "anti-PC" society. That sounds like a cop out to me. 

If it is such an injustice, why aren't the women who are directly impacted complaining about it? Maybe they are and I haven't seen it.

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't buy that in our growing "anti-PC" society. That sounds like a cop out to me. 

If it is such an injustice, why aren't the women who are directly impacted complaining about it? Maybe they are and I haven't seen it.

It's come up on this board before, just go Google it you'll find it.

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

It's come up on this board before, just go Google it you'll find it.

An issue that most directly impacts females came up on a board where 95% of its members are male. Not really the community I was looking for an opinion on this issue.

You can't tell me that in a society where it is ok to accuse politicians of (unproven) murder, where a comedian can hold a faux severed head of our President, call abortionists "baby killers," hold white supremacist protests... In that society women athletes can't speak up regarding unfair advantages?

I mean if this is such an unfair advantage, somewhere some woman athlete or women's rights groups or union representing women's athletes has voiced their concern over this unfair situation. All the males around here certainly seem riled up enough about it. I assume the people it actually impacts are too.

20 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

This is a topic one cannot complain about publicly. If you do, you will be crucified.

Lol at this being even remotely true in Modesto of all places.

Poor you.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

They are doing it in high school sports too.

There are actual females probably not getting scholarships because they can't compete in high school.

If I would have ordered a set of plastic tits when I was 17 and said I was a female I could have won every event on the track and field competition and been the only high school "girl", ever to dunk on a man.

This shit is just stupid.  Just another result of the ignorant policies of the left.

I would have won the ugly girl competition hands down too!

The only people suffering an equal rights violation are actual females.

Wait, weren't you an offensive linemen? If you were anywhere near the olinemen I've seen you would have gotten crucified by the girls on the running events. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

An issue that most directly impacts females came up on a board where 95% of its members are male. Not really the community I was looking for an opinion on this issue.

You can't tell me that in a society where it is ok to accuse politicians of (unproven) murder, where a comedian can hold a faux severed head of our President, call abortionists "baby killers," hold white supremacist protests... In that society women athletes can't speak up regarding unfair advantages?

I mean if this is such an unfair advantage, somewhere some woman athlete or women's rights groups or union representing women's athletes has voiced their concern over this unfair situation. All the males around here certainly seem riled up enough about it. I assume the people it actually impacts are too.

I think you are tone deaf.

• Haha 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

56 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Wait, weren't you an offensive linemen? If you were anywhere near the olinemen I've seen you would have gotten crucified by the girls on the running events. 

On most track and field and cross country teams, the best handful of girls are able to work out at the back end of the best group of boys at least in the long-distance events. I went to a small high school, but we had a pretty good cross country team that regularly sent kids to the state championship - consistently, there was only a handful of boys faster than the best girl on the team. Most of the boys in the school wouldn't have even been on the scoring team for the girls if they'd have started wearing dresses to school. No one is losing a scholarship over these sorts of things right now.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

What anti-PC society?  We just crucified a guy for unsupported  37 year old allegations.      Women who complain about this will be attacked by the PC crowd you support.

4 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Could be. All I see are guys complaining about it though.

All you see is what you want to see.   If you just read the linked article you would see a woman complaining about it being unfair.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2018/01/11/these-transgender-cyclists-have-olympian-disagreement-how-define-fairness/995434001/

Jillian Bearden and Rachel McKinnon have much in common as cyclists, Olympic hopefuls and transgender women — and much in conflict as opposite poles of an intractable argument over how to balance what’s fair with what’s right.

Bearden agrees with the International Olympic Committee that naturally occurring testosterone gives transgender women an unfair advantage in competition against cisgender women, meaning women who were born female, while McKinnon believes subjecting trans women to testosterone blocking violates their human rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/do-transgender-athletes-have-an-unfair-advantage-at-the-olympics/2016/08/05/08169676-5b50-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.79248377c74a

One competitive cisgender female runner, who did not want her name used, explained how “incredibly unfair” this is to her, attributing the rule change to the IOC’s “trying to be politically correct.” Another cisgender female athlete, former Olympic judo competitor Ronda Rousey, went further (and got graphic) when she complained to the media about her competitor Fallon Fox, a trans woman, claiming: “She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has. It’s an advantage. I don’t think it’s fair.”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

Well I was a 190lb running back/safety in high school.   i pole vaulted 13 feet and was the fourth fastest 100 meter dash time.  All of which would have been Nevada record breaking numbers for women.   

Even at 280lbs in college as a lineman I could dunk a basketball.

Any halfway athletic male could dominate women's sports other than maybe long distance running.    A wide receiver on BSU's football team could probably win half the women's track and field events without training and be the best basketball player in the wnba.

This is just stupid which of course is why you are on that side.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

What anti-PC society?  We just crucified a guy for unsupported  37 year old allegations.      Women who complain about this will be attacked by the PC crowd you support. 

All you see is what you want to see.   If you just read the linked article you would see a woman complaining about it being unfair. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2018/01/11/these-transgender-cyclists-have-olympian-disagreement-how-define-fairness/995434001/

Jillian Bearden and Rachel McKinnon have much in common as cyclists, Olympic hopefuls and transgender women — and much in conflict as opposite poles of an intractable argument over how to balance what’s fair with what’s right.

Bearden agrees with the International Olympic Committee that naturally occurring testosterone gives transgender women an unfair advantage in competition against cisgender women, meaning women who were born female, while McKinnon believes subjecting trans women to testosterone blocking violates their human rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/do-transgender-athletes-have-an-unfair-advantage-at-the-olympics/2016/08/05/08169676-5b50-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.79248377c74a

One competitive cisgender female runner, who did not want her name used, explained how “incredibly unfair” this is to her, attributing the rule change to the IOC’s “trying to be politically correct.” Another cisgender female athlete, former Olympic judo competitor Ronda Rousey, went further (and got graphic) when she complained to the media about her competitor Fallon Fox, a trans woman, claiming: “She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has. It’s an advantage. I don’t think it’s fair.”

1. I don't support PC. I don't hate it either. It's really a non-issue to me (which to some I guess would mean I support it, even though it just doesn't matter to me).

2. Thanks for the quotes there. That's what I was looking for. I'm glad they are speaking out about it if they think it is unfair. They should lead the change to not allow it. Rousey, in particular, makes a good point about the inherent biological advantages that don't go away with transgender treatments. And I disagree with that stance that testosterone blocking violates human rights. It is not a human right to compete in a professional athletic competition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

1. I don't support PC. I don't hate it either. It's really a non-issue to me (which to some I guess would mean I support it, even though it just doesn't matter to me).

2. Thanks for the quotes there. That's what I was looking for. I'm glad they are speaking out about it if they think it is unfair. They should lead the change to not allow it. Rousey, in particular, makes a good point about the inherent biological advantages that don't go away with transgender treatments. And I disagree with that stance that testosterone blocking violates human rights. It is not a human right to compete in a professional athletic competition.

It is like you live in a world all your own.  

19 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Well I was a 190lb running back/safety in high school.   i pole vaulted 13 feet and was the fourth fastest 100 meter dash time.  All of which would have been Nevada record breaking numbers for women.   

Even at 280lbs in college as a lineman I could dunk a basketball.

Any halfway athletic male could dominate women's sports other than maybe long distance running.    A wide receiver on BSU's football team could probably win half the women's track and field events without training and be the best basketball player in the wnba.

This is just stupid which of course is why you are on that side.

Blues I was a mediocre to crappy distance runner... Trust me, for the 800 and up, the entire girls varsity would annihilate the average guy, would beat the "average" guy on track, and the best girl on the the distance teams was generally in the top 4 or so of the best distance guys. If our XC team had been co-ed it would have been 2/7 or 3/7 girls (depending, you ran on the varsity team by being in the top 7 the previous meet so there was always turnover in spots 5-7). 

Blues, you went to college to be an offensive lineman. That puts you in the top 99.9th percentile for men in strength and given that you were a multi sport athlete it puts you in the top 98th percentile for men in speed. Comparing yourself to the average woman doesn't make any sense. You always make these comparisons as if you are the average man. You aren't. The average man is a LOT weaker and slower than you are and is roughly comparable to the ~85th? percentile for women (obviously comparable to lower than that for distance and higher than that for upper body stuff). 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.