Guest #1Stunner

Boise throwing the cash at Bryan Harsin

Guest #1Stunner
49 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Or we could just buy out that road game to a Sun Belt team in Georgia in August?

A lot of schools talk about buying out "lesser" games, but it rarely happens.   Only about 5-10 Power 5 schools that dare to ever do it.

I think Boise for sure schedules 13 games and keeps scheduling BYU, and vice versa.

There are 3 parties to the Boise vs BYU deal:  Boise, BYU and ESPN.   Works out great for everyone.

Guest #1Stunner
41 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Is Wyoming related at all in this family tree?

Wyoming is an abusive brute.   We got caught up in an abusive, co-dependent relationship.

We took out a restraining order, but we are willing to play them on NEUTRAL TURF, in Fort Collins, Colorado.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Bsu's program as a whole will always be solid. Always has been. Won't ever have great teams under harsin. He can't coach. 

Petersen finished in the top 10 three straight seasons, but then had some horrific recruiting classes after those same seasons (#69 and #110 ranked classes in back to back years).

That along with a poor OC hire lead to him finishing his last two years in Boise at 19-6 (76%).

Harsin has kept things going at a slightly higher winning percentage (46-14 - 77%).  But Harsin's recruiting classes have been far superior to Petersen's in terms of ratings.  But there has been more attrition and less discipline in Harsin's squads.

5 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah.  He over-performs in recruiting...under-performs on the field.  There should be some improvement in the next two years.  This years team lacks discipline and is a couple good players away from being NY6-bowlish good. 

Why should there be improvement?  Every team is the same.  Talented but undisciplined.  Every team will be like this.  Talent will win out every few years and get a conference championship but there is no reason to believe that the three losses a year will not continue.

My only hope is that getting off of the Rypien roller coaster might bring some more consistency overall.  That in and of itself might at least keep some of the most egregious losses from happening.

14 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Petersen finished in the top 10 three straight seasons, but then had some horrific recruiting classes after those same seasons (#69 and #110 ranked classes in back to back years).

That along with a poor OC hire lead to him finishing his last two years in Boise at 19-6 (76%). 

Harsin has kept things going at a slightly higher winning percentage (46-14 - 77%).  But Harsin's recruiting classes have been far superior to Petersen's in terms of ratings.  But there has been more attrition and less discipline in Harsin's squads.

I always thought he didn't care all that much about recruiting rankings.  He was looking for "our kinda guys" I thought.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I always thought he didn't care all that much about recruiting rankings.  He was looking for "our kinda guys" I thought.

I'm just glad that Kellen Moore joined the Mormon Church, so if Kalani doesn't work out, he'll be our top candidate.   

Kellen Moore could lead BYU to football immortality and glory.

64279644-b4cd-4d36-8d0e-a87326237a25-moo

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm just glad that Kellen Moore joined the Mormon Church, so if Kalani doesn't work out, he'll be our top candidate.   

Kellen Moore could lead BYU to football immortality and glory.

64279644-b4cd-4d36-8d0e-a87326237a25-moo

He is actually a Reorganized LDS Church guy (Independence isn't too far away from Dallas, really), so if y'all are cool with a Joseph Smith III disciple, you should totally sign him up.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Wyoming is an abusive brute.   We got caught up in an abusive, co-dependent relationship.

We took out a restraining order, but we are willing to play them on NEUTRAL TURF, in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Could it be that Wyoming and Missouri are sister states? :cheers:

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Spot50B said:

He is actually a Reorganized LDS Church guy (Independence isn't too far away from Dallas, really), so if y'all are cool with a Joseph Smith III disciple, you should totally sign him up.

Brother Moore is as Mormon, BYU-bred now as @robe, @BroncoOrange, and @hickaggie

Mark it down.    Brother Moore is on the BYU short list for head coach.   Right now Kalani is safe.  But if he loses to USU ever, ever, ever again.... He's toast.  

Kellen Moore---next man up!!!

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, aztech said:

Could it be that Wyoming and Missouri are sister states? :cheers:

Wyoming fans are brutes!!!

Missouri?  Not even close.....  Wyoming even ran out Dave Christensen (a former Missouri OC).  

There is one State that everyone in the Intermountain West / Pacific West fears, and it is not Missouri.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Brother Moore is as Mormon, BYU-bred now as @robe, @BroncoOrange, and @hickaggie

Mark it down.    Brother Moore is on the BYU short list for head coach.   Right now Kalani is safe.  But if he loses to USU ever, ever, ever again.... He's toast.  

Kellen Moore---next man up!!!

Sorry-- Kirtland, yes! Nauvoo-- no.  It was good enough for Emma Smith and it's good enough for Kellen.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

There is for sure some cross-over, with cousins, aunts, uncles, inlaws.   Some extended family.

If you were to call a "family meeting", the consensus family tree between schools looks like this:

COUSINS:

BYU

Boise

Hawaii

BROTHERS:

USU

BYU

STEP SIBLINGS

UTAH (troubled youth, taken in by the family, and who has a drinking problem, and a criminal record)

BYU / USU

Am I missing someone?

Basically, BYU, Hawaii, USU and Boise should all be playing each other very frequently.

How are they cousins if they have different moms but the same dad?

• Haha 1