retrofade

So wait... she *does* have a Native American ancestor?

3 hours ago, edluvar said:

Man this lady really triggers cons. 

Not just cons. I don't fit that category one iota but I see her as being Hillary 2.0. That is to say, a scheming politician who, as others have said, has no chance of getting elected president but doesn't care because, just like Hillary, for her it's all about self-aggrandizement, which would be satisfied just by winning the Democratic nomination.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

NM

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Point: One of the biggest problems about this whole debate over Warren's Cherokee "heritage" is it once again renders Native Americans, specifically Cherokees, invisible in national politics.

Counterpoint: This is not about Native Americans or Cherokees.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I'm shocked that Elizabeth Warren is full of shit. Just shocked. But we should ask ourselves this: Is this one of those things where we actually give a shit ... or we give a shit only because it is embarrassing to someone who is in a party we don't like? Because if your answer is the former, and you support Trump, then your answer is really the latter.

Thats all true.

But it is relevant because she is one of the leading candidates for the democrat nomination and its very likely to sink her candidacy.  And she and Trump know it.

So to answer your post, yes I am enjoying Liz's political suffering and am not really outraged that she claimed to be an Indian.  Furthermore, I am more than a little amused that she went to a Stanford geneticist who told her she has one distant ancestor who was native american, then had a presser to say "I told you so!" .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

This has nothing to do with Native Americans or the Cherokee people.  It has to with Focohanas and her dumphuckery in claiming to be "Native American", possibly claiming minority status to bump a legitimate minority from college / department admissions, bumping a minority slot in hiring, dishonesty in resume, and Harvard unknowinly claiming / reporting inflated minority employment statistics.

Unless we're out in main stream media with this, as opposed to this message board, I fully agree.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Point: One of the biggest problems about this whole debate over Warren's Cherokee "heritage" is it once again renders Native Americans, specifically Cherokees, invisible in national politics.

Counterpoint: This is not about Native Americans or Cherokees.

Both of these voices in your head?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

Both of these voices in your head?

the voices in my head are shockingly more self-aware than the voices that the counterpoint represents. Shockingly.

33 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Unless we're out in main stream media with this, as opposed to this message board, I fully agree.

Agree, the mainstream media is the handmaiden of the left.  Other than the lefties on this board, it does seem like Fauxohantas is out on an island on her claim of Native American descent.

110926run_defense710.jpg

6 hours ago, edluvar said:

Man this lady really triggers cons.   You would think it’s becsuse of the regulations on banks that limit their freedom but it’s an old family tale that they are part native Americans that drive the lock her up crowd bonkers.   

And now we find out there may be a grain of truth to the "old family tale" but "phuck her she still a lyin' beeeotch"!

Just now, renoskier said:

And now we find out there may be a grain of truth to the "old family tale" but "phuck her she still a lyin' beeeotch"!

If that was all she said he might have a point. But it wasn’t.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If that was all she said he might have a point. But it wasn’t.

Really? What else has she claimed? I seriously have never paid attention. Was she ever asked or did she ever claim to be a certain percentage NA?

• Like 1

Here's a pretty good rule of thumb:

If you have to hire a MacArthur genius from Stanford ( formerly Stanford Indians) to tease out the injun in the wood pile from strands of trash DNA, six to ten generations back, you aren't injun.

• Like 2

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Really? What else has she claimed? I seriously have never paid attention. Was she ever asked or did she ever claim to be a certain percentage NA?

She listed herself as Native American for a decade, presented herself as such to Penn and Harvard, who touted her as a woman of color as an example of their diversity. She also said her parents had to elope because her father’s family was so racist toward her mother for allegedly being part Cherokee and part Delaware, which the tribes deny. She wrote (plagiarized) recipes in a Native American cookbook where she says she’s Cherokee. High cheekbones yadda yadda, you get the point. She didn’t merely tell stories of her alleged Indian ancestry, she represented herself as a Native and gave statements as to the difficulty that comes with it.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Well, she claimed her parents had to elope because of racial hostility for one thing.

https://elizabethwarrenwiki.org/elizabeth-warren-native-american-cherokee-controversy/#u-penn-and-harvard-made-federal-filings-based-on-warrens-represenations

• Like 1

11 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

This is stupid on so many levels 

Watren is retarded, tribal membership has never been decided by DNA, it’s been decided by community consent. And guess what, I’m pretty sure every tribal community hates you 

Actually tribal membership in all the tribes I am aware of is decided by DNA in a way.  One of your parents must be at least 1/8 native american and a member of the tribe for you to be a member.  Or you must be able to document a relationship with the tribe that would give you a 1/4 relationship with the tribe.

Why do uneducated people like you continue to make these stupid comments about things they don't understand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1