retrofade

So wait... she *does* have a Native American ancestor?

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

Man this lady really triggers cons.   You would think it’s becsuse of the regulations on banks that limit their freedom but it’s an old family tale that they are part native Americans that drive the lock her up crowd bonkers.   

Comedy is very popular

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

I'm shocked that Elizabeth Warren is full of shit. Just shocked. But we should ask ourselves this: Is this one of those things where we actually give a shit ... or we give a shit only because it is embarrassing to someone who is in a party we don't like? Because if your answer is the former, and you support Trump, then your answer is really the latter.

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

I'm shocked that Elizabeth Warren is full of shit. Just shocked. But we should ask ourselves this: Is this one of those things where we actually give a shit ... or we give a shit only because it is embarrassing to someone who is in a party we don't like? Because if your answer is the former, and you support Trump, then your answer is really the latter.

8 pages later says we give a shit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Any reason for dumpy white guys between the ages of 20 and 60 to sit around and talk about what makes someone "Indian" enough.

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Any reason for dumpy white guys between the ages of 20 and 60 to sit around and talk about what makes someone "Indian" enough.

Ha! It's the kind of insight we so desperately crave. 

27 minutes ago, mugtang said:

8 pages later says we give a shit!

I do not think that thread length is a legitimate way to gage thread topic importance.

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Does calling for the elimination of a federal agency with policing power necessarily make one a wacko?

You mean to say you think that what ICE does is unnecessary? If so, boy do I disagree.

Boom goes the dynamite.

46 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Stormy Daniels > Elizabeth Warren :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You mean to say you think that what ICE does is unnecessary? If so, boy do I disagree.

My feelings about ICE are unrelated.

I'm just asking if the fact that a politician calls for the elimination of a federal program makes that politician a wacko? 

• Facepalm 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

19 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

No doubt written by Ozzie somebody who was fired by SDSU after the state department of education found that he made racist comments against white students.

Not content with that he's now calling other Mexican-Americans dumb?

Boom goes the dynamite.

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

IDK what's worse. The Cons running around yelling "SEE I TOLD YOU SHES A FAKE INDIAN FAUXCAHANTAS LOL" or the white liberals running around going "SEE SHE HAS INDIAN BLOOD NOT A LOT BUT TRUMPS A LIAR LOL!!!" 

Jesus titty+++++ing christ make it stop already. 

Man, this is hitting the nail right on the head. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, toonkee said:

Trump is 72 right now :shrug:

A number which, judging by profile shots of him walking out of the Rose Garden, after several thousand stress-related Big Macs now approximates the size of his waist.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I know it’s meant in jest and directed at Warren. But let’s be careful about posting stuff to mock Warren that also makes a mockery of the Cherokee. They’re getting boned up and down from both sides in this fiasco and they didn’t do anything. They don’t like what Warren is doing and don’t deserve to be part of the richly deserved ridicule heading her way.

Here’s an old op-Ed but still relevant. Especially the part about being made invisible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/elizabeth-warren-is-not-cherokee-c1ec6c91b696/amp/

Warren’s misrepresentation of her heritage has major consequences for Native Americans, who have little visibility not only in politics, but in American culture at large. Warren’s claims of Cherokee identity make her the only representation of Cherokees that the average American will likely ever see. I challenge non-Native readers to name another Cherokee leader in elected office. Or any Native American holding elected office in the United States. Or a contemporary Native American author. A Native American movie star. A Native American athlete. Or any famous Native people who are alive today. What is beyond maddening is that, as Native people, we are relegated to being invisible, while Warren is not.

As a mixed Native woman, I have to relive the racist stereotypes Warren spits out to defend her alleged Native identity everyday. People constantly ask me, what part Cherokee are you? Who in your family was Cherokee? That’s so nice that you embrace your Native heritage. 

I am not part Cherokee. There is not one member of my family who was Cherokee. I amCherokee. I am an enrolled citizen of Cherokee Nation and a member of my home and urban Indian communities. We are living, real, and whole people; not fractions of Indians who used to be real.

This has nothing to do with Native Americans or the Cherokee people.  It has to with Focohanas and her dumphuckery in claiming to be "Native American", possibly claiming minority status to bump a legitimate minority from college / department admissions, bumping a minority slot in hiring, dishonesty in resume, and Harvard unknowinly claiming / reporting inflated minority employment statistics.

• Like 2
110926run_defense710.jpg