retrofade

So wait... she *does* have a Native American ancestor?

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

THAT’S RACIST!!!!

Not true, HP phone support has operators in many South East Asian countries.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I have an actual Indian (dot not feather) ancestor from about 6-10 generations ago so now I’ve been given the green light to exploit that for career advancement. Thanks Lyin’ Liz!!

:hmmm:

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

Not true, HP phone support has operators in many South East Asian countries.

Your ignorant stereotype of my people is inexcusable. 

• Haha 3

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Authentic liberals like myself appreciate Carin's critical thinking and creativity. I agreed with him on many things and when I disagreed with him I never pounded my fist and screamed "OFF TO THE GULAG!!!!" like some radical far left authoritarian. 

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I haven’t made fun of communists all morning. 

• Haha 1

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

The ludicrousness of all this is impossible to understate.

And yet, does anything encapsulate the current state of things better than this?

#America

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

So she’s at best 1/64th Native American but could be 1/1024 Native American....

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I guess if you can make the claim based on an ancestor 6-10 generations ago then  many of us have missed out on an amazing opportunity to lie and advance our career.

I mean isn't that basically what she has always claimed. Something about her grandmother telling her about Indian ancestry in their past. She never claimed a large part of her heritage as native.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

So she’s at best 1/64th Native American but could be 1/1024 Native American....

. . . which given the stupidity of the Democratic leadership will probably ensure her getting their full support so just as with Hillary, the Fake President will have somebody to beat.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I mean isn't that basically what she has always claimed. Something about her grandmother telling her about Indian ancestry in their past. She never claimed a large part of her heritage as native.

She changed her ethnicity from white to Native American.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I haven’t followed it that closely so I don’t know or really care what she’s claimed as her heritage. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

She changed her ethnicity from white to Native American.

No. She now IDENTIFIES as Native American.

After having my own DNA tested and discovering that I'm about .05% Basque, I've decided to closely follow legislation to see whether Congress will allow me to use that minority status to get a break on my taxes if I should decide to IDENTIFY as Basque.

Of course, that would require me to acknowledge that in some obscure way I could be related to the biggest asshat in Congress, Devin Nunes.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

No. She now IDENTIFIES as Native American.

After having my own DNA tested and having discovered that I'm about .05% Basque, I've decided to closely follow legislation to see whether Congress will allow me to use that minority status to get a break on my taxes if I should decide to IDENTIFY as Basque.

I’m half basque, we don’t get shit.

From the article in the OP.

During her academic career as a law professor, she had her ethnicity changed from white to Native American at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she taught from 1987 to 1995, and at Harvard University Law School, where she was a tenured faculty member starting in 1995. (She was a visiting professor at Harvard during the 1992-1993 academic year.)

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You just need a better lobbyist.

Definitely. But it’s very hard to attract quality people now when our previous lobbyists specialized in car bombs.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I haven’t followed it that closely so I don’t know or really care what she’s claimed as her heritage. 

I haven't either cuz I don't care one way or the other about Elizabeth Warren. HSe isn't my senator. IT just seems like a really weird thing for the right to get hung up on and attack about. I have now today looked and read some things and it seems even more harmless than before. She doesn't appear to have used it in any way to get ahead and it was not considered when hiring her.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-american-heritage-actually-help-elizabeth-warren-get-ahead-but-complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

Again just a weird thing to obsess about.

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I haven't either cuz I don't care one way or the other about Elizabeth Warren. HSe isn't my senator. IT just seems like a really weird thing for the right to get hung up on and attack about. I have now today looked and read some things and it seems even more harmless than before. She doesn't appear to have used it in any way to get ahead and it was not considered when hiring her.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-american-heritage-actually-help-elizabeth-warren-get-ahead-but-complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

Again just a weird thing to obsess about.

The right would obsess about how she lied to avoid serving in the military, was a mediocre student who only got into an Ivy League school because she was a legacy, cheated on her taxes for decades, and built a false mythology about her business prowess when really she was just a conman with a huge inheritance, but that would be hypocritical.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The right would obsess about how she lied to avoid serving in the military, was a mediocre student who only got into an Ivy League school because she was a legacy, cheated on her taxes for decades, and built a false mythology about her business prowess when really she was just a conman with a huge inheritance, but that would be hypocritical.

Oh I’m perfectly happy to do all that without any hypocrisy. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

flme.gif

Do you think he'll revert to us after he's answered?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.