retrofade

So wait... she *does* have a Native American ancestor?

Senator Elizabeth Warren has released a DNA test that provides “strong evidence’’ she had a Native American in her family tree dating back 6 to 10 generations, an unprecedented move by one of the top possible contenders for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president.

Warren, whose claims to Native American blood have been mocked by President Trump and other Republicans, provided the test results to the Globe on Sunday in an effort to defuse questions about her ancestry that have persisted for years. She planned an elaborate rollout Monday of the results as she aimed for widespread attention.

The analysis of Warren’s DNA was done by Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor and expert in the field who won a 2010 MacArthur fellowship, also known as a genius grant, for his work on tracking population migration via DNA analysis.

He concluded that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European, but he added that “the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

Bustamante calculated that Warren’s pure Native American ancestor appears in her family tree “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.” That timing fits Warren’s family lore, passed down during her Oklahoma upbringing, that her great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, was at least partially Native American.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/10/15/warren-addresses-native-american-issue/YEUaGzsefB0gPBe2AbmSVO/story.html

I have an actual Indian (dot not feather) ancestor from about 6-10 generations ago so now I’ve been given the green light to exploit that for career advancement. Thanks Lyin’ Liz!!

• Like 3

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

42 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I have an actual Indian (dot not feather) ancestor from about 6-10 generations ago so now I’ve been given the green light to exploit that for career advancement. Thanks Lyin’ Liz!!

Your future in Phone Tech Support for Hewlett Packard is much appreciated.  Please remember to follow the script without fail at all times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Your future in Phone Tech Support for Hewlett Packard is much appreciated.  Please remember to follow the script without fail at all times.

:blink:

• Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

54 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sounds like for the 2020 census ethnicity question you'll do the needful

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

So she’s at best 1/64th Native American but could be 1/1024 Native American....

• Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So she’s at best 1/64th Native American but could be 1/1024 Native American....

The article said at best 1/32nd. She was still a moron for claiming that she was a minority, but I want to know if Trump is going to apologize and pay the $1M to charity now. :lol:

• Like 1

Don't forget, The Tool claims 1/200th Native American. So is he the board's Warren?

He hasn't produced a DNA test yet that shows any link.  :hmmm:   But he'll regale us with his memories of his time on the reservation...

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We will need to see your H1B now or we will deport you.

21 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The article said at best 1/32nd. She was still a moron for claiming that she was a minority, but I want to know if Trump is going to apologize and pay the $1M to charity now. :lol:

He's already denied making the deal/bet.

37 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

THAT’S RACIST!!!!

• Like 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

29 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Article is wrong.  6 generations back is 1/64th (2x2x2x2x2x2). 

Trump won’t pay. He will claim that it wasn’t a fair test cause it wasn’t “independent”.