Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

TV ratings for ESPN conference games

3 hours ago, thatsmymammy said:

Not surprising, 1 well known name in the conference. Hopefully that will change, but this year has been a huge disappointment. So don't expect much change next year. I will give it to byu, as annoying as their fans are, they are loyal and watch. 

True.  We may not be many (in a national sense), but we are loyal, strong, and true.

4 hours ago, aztech said:

What about CBSSN?

They do not want to participate in the Neilson ratings so it is unknown the number of viewers they bring in.   My best guess is probably around 200k or fewer due to the start times and that CBSSN is on the higher tiers that not many people choose to get.

8 hours ago, thatsmymammy said:

Not surprising, 1 well known name in the conference. Hopefully that will change, but this year has been a huge disappointment. So don't expect much change next year. I will give it to byu, as annoying as their fans are, they are loyal and watch. 

You will have to counter act those games they play vs P5 schools.  The great majority are the schools P5 fans the pull in those viewers.  

Not how low BYU vs USU was even while being on ESPN2.  Only 617k viewers.   

We'll see how Hawaii vs BYU was later in the week.  

5 hours ago, RenoRedskin said:

O man those numbers are not good. Smh

Which is why the MW is looking at other avenues of viewing when this TV contract is up.  

Getting put on CBSSN, ESPN U/ESPN News and very late start times doesn't get the viewers or the attendance.     3/4 of the country doesn't watch football at the MW start times and the 1/4 that do are watching Pac 12 games.  

4 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Which is why the MW is looking at other avenues of viewing when this TV contract is up.  

Getting put on CBSSN, ESPN U/ESPN News and very late start times doesn't get the viewers or the attendance.     3/4 of the country doesn't watch football at the MW start times and the 1/4 that do are watching Pac 12 games.  

With ESPN and cable/Satellite losing viewers i'm thinking $$ will be tight on the next go around of TV negotiations and more programming will go to streaming outlets like ESPN+ and other streaming providers.

I could totally see ther MWC pretty much left peanuts for a few CBS Sports & ESPN late games with the rest left to MWC digital - The MWC niche' could end up being 7;30pm PT 8;30pm MT (10;30pm ET) games on Friday and Saturday night ..........ESPN would probably use BYU & BSU as the two main players for those times, and a reason BYU can remain outside the MWC, because ESPN probably helps them schedule MWC teams for some of those late night / off night games - So basically ESPN would be paying BSU & BYU for some games and the rest of the MWC gets nothing 

5 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

I'll be curious to see our (MWC) ratings when basketball starts.     

7 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

You will have to counter act those games they play vs P5 schools.  The great majority are the schools P5 fans the pull in those viewers.  

Not how low BYU vs USU was even while being on ESPN2.  Only 617k viewers.   

We'll see how Hawaii vs BYU was later in the week.  

You're taking the time to run BYU down for 600k, when you put a list of 200k or worse at the top of the thread?  Fun stuff, even for you. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

WEEK 6

Utah State/BYU: 617K, ESPN2, Friday

Tulsa/Houston: 562K, ESPN, Thursday

SDSU/Boise: 269K, ESPNU, Saturday

Tulane/Cincinnati: na, ESPNU, Saturday

SMU/UCF:  na, ESPNU, Saturday

Fresno/Nevada:  na, ESPNU, Saturday

ECU/Temple: na, ESPN News, Saturday

na = not available.

Seems like this year more than others the effect of CBSSN swallowing all the best content outside of Boise home games is really showing up in the available ratings...I mean did we have a single P5 home game in conf that wasn't on CBSSN?