Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Dating

I’m surprised that anyone on here is married because there’s always issues with the other person that make even dating them unfeasible.  They’re either not a good match (for you, them, or both) or they’re a good match but have problems on their end.  The big one is them being busy.  Dating, especially in 2018, is a giant waste of time in my opinion.  Yet I’m going out on a date Wednesday because I want to be wrong (even though I’m likely not).

dating in your middle ages sounds awful.  If my wife left me I seriously doubt i would date.  I'm too set in my ways and so are they.  Plus I'm tired at the end of the day and being alone wouldn't bother me one bit.

Also, I don't think you should date if you have young kids and aren't married.  How's that for a hot take?

yes, I'm thread hijacking, but we are all a little tired of giving the OP free counseling.

45 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I admit that I have issues, but I take it +++++ing seriously.   Women don’t.

I am curious as to what you think my issues are.  

Well, you pay for sex, you seem to have weird ideas about social norms, and you have a hard time reading women.

If a woman says she is busy, that's a sign she's not in to you.  Women that are interested in you romantically will make time for you. 

I'm not saying any of this to be mean to you.  You post a thread like this periodically and you tend to assign outward blame, when there's probably some blame on your side too.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Of all the weird threads on this board, this may be the weirdest. But as long as I’m here I have a question for the single people out there. What do you think of the online dating services? They sound intriguing in that they try and match people with similar interests which may or may not be good as don’t they say opposites attract? 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Of all the weird threads on this board, this may be the weirdest. But as long as I’m here I have a question for the single people out there. What do you think of the online dating services? They sound intriguing in that they try and match people with similar interests which may or may not be good as don’t they say opposites attract? 

Why is your question directed at single people?  

Asking for a friend....

20 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Well, you pay for sex, you seem to have weird ideas about social norms, and you have a hard time reading women.

If a woman says she is busy, that's a sign she's not in to you.  Women that are interested in you romantically will make time for you. 

I'm not saying any of this to be mean to you.  You post a thread like this periodically and you tend to assign outward blame, when there's probably some blame on your side too.

She’s done it like five times.  She said she wanted to go out today, today comes, and then she says she’s busy.  She seemed shocked when I tolder her I was done.

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The theory that opposites attract is a bunch of bullshit!  Go read the science.

36 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

What do you mean by weird ideas for social norms?  In my defense, I am autistic.

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

dating in your middle ages sounds awful.  If my wife left me I seriously doubt i would date.  I'm too set in my ways and so are they.  Plus I'm tired at the end of the day and being alone wouldn't bother me one bit.

Also, I don't think you should date if you have young kids and aren't married.  How's that for a hot take?

yes, I'm thread hijacking, but we are all a little tired of giving the OP free counseling.

Being alone would be OK? Have you had your T levels tested lately? 😀

kat.jpg

32 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Are you kidding? Stick around here for 5 to 10 years and you’ll find that there are lots and lots much worse. 

kat.jpg

13 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

What do you mean by weird ideas for social norms?  In my defense, I am autistic.

I know you are, and that makes it hard for you to read the signs on this stuff.  It's just part of how you're programmed, that's part of autism is having a hard time reading the tea leaves with this stuff. 

If they won't consistently make time for you, it's best to go about it like they aren't interested.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Are you kidding? Stick around here for 5 to 10 years and you’ll find that there are lots and lots much worse. 

No doubt.  I mean, there was this one thread about board shorts being worn in a courtroom by some idiot.  There was another one where a poster said he wrote like half the Pearl Jam songs in the early day.

Nothing sounds more miserable to me than having to date again at this point in my life.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.