namssa

SDSU West leading big

On 10/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, renoskier said:

Like what? Are you saying the "average voter" doesn't have a computer?

Low information voters exist. Thinking everyone knows about the issues is naive. Giving those "low information voters" extra information in the question, taints the poll. This is a very well known principle in polling. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

Wonder if any of those low information voters are aware that SD's chances of getting an MLS expansion team anytime soon took 2 big hits last week.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

44 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m not a resident of San Diego, however, if I were, it appears commercial development would return a lot more long term tax dollars to the city than selling the property to SDSU which would return no long term tax dollars. What am I missing here? 

False. The Soccer City folks would be leasing the land. Not property taxes gained from that. Regarding the long term economic impact, this study has been done, and it was shown the SDSU proposal would generate substantially more.

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m not a resident of San Diego, however, if I were, it appears commercial development would return a lot more long term tax dollars to the city than selling the property to SDSU which would return no long term tax dollars. What am I missing here? 

What makes sense from a purely fiscal standpoint for the municipality really isn’t relevant. It’s more a matter of what can make it through the ballot measure, environmental review, and subsequent litigation process. San Diegans don’t like the congestion in Mission Valley, but they also know that large acreage will ultimately be developed. I’m pretty confident they prefer an extension of the campus as opposed to urban development with condos and much more retail. The polling shows SDSU West comfortably in the lead. I’ve got a sign on my lawn. 

• Like 4

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I understand what you're saying but you might be underestimating the long term economic impact of a university. 

7 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

What makes sense from a purely fiscal standpoint for the municipality really isn’t relevant. It’s more a matter of what can make it through the ballot measure, environmental review, and subsequent litigation process. San Diegans don’t like the congestion in Mission Valley, but they also know that large acreage will ultimately be developed. I’m pretty confident they prefer an extension of the campus as opposed to urban development with condos and much more retail. The polling shows SDSU West comfortably in the lead. I’ve got a sign on my lawn. 

Two independent polls say this thing is over. One thing is for sure, SoccerCity is dead. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Creation of new tax base is important.  I am skeptical that the soccer one brings as much new than just being a substitute product for the region. 

Also, universities are perpetual.  Not much more will be as long term.

I think the chargers leaving and winning the ballot initiative could be the best things ever for SDSU. Competitive football team in a new stadium in a large market with no pro competition is a dream scenario.  I want all the MW teams to grow and prosper but SDSU could be giant.

• Like 5

On 10/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, AztecBill said:

Low information voters exist. Thinking everyone knows about the issues is naive. Giving those "low information voters" extra information in the question, taints the poll. This is a very well known principle in polling. 

Actually the question posed in the poll is almost identical to the language written on the actual ballot.  So the information the voter got in the poll is nothing more than what they will read on the actual ballot when they cast their vote.

• Like 2

I have followed this subject of campus expansion in Mission Valley for years. I am cautiously optimistic SDSU West Measure G passes. One thing I feel very comfortable saying is that Soccer City will not come close to reaching 50%. 16 days to go to the vote we need to finish strong. If SDSU wins it will significantly increase the trajectory of the growth of the universities academic and athletic profile.

41 minutes ago, SDSU-Alum2003 said:

I have followed this subject of campus expansion in Mission Valley for years. I am cautiously optimistic SDSU West Measure G passes. One thing I feel very comfortable saying is that Soccer City will not come close to reaching 50%. 16 days to go to the vote we need to finish strong. If SDSU wins it will significantly increase the trajectory of the growth of the universities academic and athletic profile.

I would bet my house that Soccer City does not pass. 

I would bet my car that SDSU West passes. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, fanhood said:

I would bet my house that Soccer City does not pass. 

I would bet my car that SDSU West passes. 

How about this, you wash and wax both AF1 and my vehicle once G passes? That's a Win Win for your Mentors and you get the satisfaction of knowing you were finally correct!

15 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

How about this, you wash and wax both AF1 and my vehicle once G passes? That's a Win Win for your Mentors and you get the satisfaction of knowing you were finally correct!

I'll do it, but AF1 has to scream  "we're never gonna beat Arizona State!" throughout the wax and wash.

• Haha 1

Get the lube ready. Either for what will happen to the rest of the MWC 4 years from now when we actually play in our own stadium and can recruit with that

OR

for me if SDSU somehow gets less than 50% and these soccer bros haunt my twitter for another few years.

• Haha 2