Slapdad

Competing boards?

Okay, let’s get some other views on this post from the new BSU board. Is it bad form to encourage people on another board if it’s not a competing board (I.e. both boards are for the same team or conference)? 

B2DC8EC6-A4EE-490B-8F8D-82452CFF659D.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Okay, let’s get some other views on this post from the new BSU board. Is it bad form to encourage people on another board if it’s not a competing board (I.e. both boards are for the same team or conference)? 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=40e6c7b66a1e5be9

B2DC8EC6-A4EE-490B-8F8D-82452CFF659D.png

:whistle:

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

:whistle:

Yeah, I don't get that line of thinking at all. Every Nevada board I've been on has always had cross traffic and links to the board for whatever conference we've been in. There was even links to other Nevada boards (remember the ill-fated Battle Born Sports?) and it always generated more traffic, so I don't know why you wouldn't want people going back and forth. It increases traffic and encourages more posts. That being said, I'll say that the new BSU board is head and shoulders above the previous board run by Hitler Rafter, but that was a swing and a miss. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Yeah, I don't get that line of thinking at all. Every Nevada board I've been on has always had cross traffic and links to the board for whatever conference we've been in. There was even links to other Nevada boards (remember the ill-fated Battle Born Sports?) and it always generated more traffic, so I don't know why you wouldn't want people going back and forth. It increases traffic and encourages more posts. That being said, I'll say that the new BSU board is head and shoulders above the previous board run by Hitler Rafter, but that was a swing and a miss. 

Wow, I didn't figure you for a Crying Drama Queen, @Slapdad . Didnt even get so much as a pm about this before you came running over here with it like a spanked step child. 

It's ok, Slappy.  

2071083138_3740302_KFT_Ignite_ML_80ct_Ctn_Eileen_1.png.7748503387323209a539c6d68f25922d.png

• Facepalm 1

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

1 minute ago, WilliamHicks said:

Wow, I didn't figure you for a Crying Drama Queen, @Slapdad . Didnt even get so much as a pm about this before you came running over here with it like a spanked step child. 

It's ok, Slappy.  

2071083138_3740302_KFT_Ignite_ML_80ct_Ctn_Eileen_1.png.7748503387323209a539c6d68f25922d.png

I wanted to see what others thought about it. You can cry foul if you want, but make no mistake about it, you were the one crying about someone even mentioning another board. Are you suggesting that you posting here to advertise your board is okay, but mentioning this board there is out of line? Come on. PM's are fine with me. If you'd rather do it that way, then maybe you should have done so before firing a shot across my bow. Make up your mind. 

• Like 2

It’s bad form to encourage somebody to post on other forums.  

• Haha 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If it's a direct competitor, then sure... but this isn't that situation. 

edit: and @WilliamHicks has cross-posted his material here and encouraged people to post at his forum.

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Just because there are other boards doesn't mean they're competing. :rock:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Mug, there's an old post above where you did just that. I've also posted numerous times over the years on the Nevada board with links or references to this board (or the WAC/BW boards before that) and I've never heard that stance until now. There are also references to the MWC board on the other board from Hicks himself. So pardon me if I respectfully disagree with that position. If we all want to agree that we should pretend that the other boards don't exist, then I'm fine with that. So far, the posters here don't agree that it's bad form. 

So, let's go ahead and hash this out now and then put it to bed. First and foremost, I was really trying to gauge the temperature on this with the other posters on this board because I don't agree that it's in bad form at all, especially given the ties between the two boards. But, beyond that, I'd say that if encouraging someone to post on another board (btw, I knew fotographir wouldn't and it was a joke about previous posts where he doesn't like to post here more than anything), then I would say that it's also in bad form for a board owner/moderator and try to make it more personal. @WilliamHicks, no hard feeling on my part, but don't lecture me about etiquette in one post and throw insults in the next. The beauty of the MWC board is that it pretty lax and the real appeal of your board is that is the anti-BC board. But that exchange felt like one that would go down on BC. Don't be BC....there's already a BC and it sucks. 

28 minutes ago, retrofade said:

If it's a direct competitor, then sure... but this isn't that situation. 

edit: and @WilliamHicks has cross-posted his material here and encouraged people to post at his forum.

That’s true.  I’m not in competition with Broncofans.net. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

37 minutes ago, mugtang said:

For stuff like MWCboard sure. But encouraging people to come from, say, the ESPN boards to here? Nah

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That’s true.  I’m not in competition with Broncofans.net. 

Not at all and I hope nobody thinks we are competing. One leads to another. In this case, a "new" member joined our forum and Slap told him to head over here, I read that as in over here instead of there.  

I didn't delete the post, I didn't go all forum nazi, I stated that we support the MWC board but telling a new member to go to another forum is poor forum etiquette.

@Slapdad Yes, I mentioned broncofans on here a few times when it was a new forum and nobody knew about it, but I stopped around the start of football season because I didn't want to be a forum promotion whore.  

This is all I'm going to say about this matter on here. It should be discussed on the original forum, not litter this forum. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

19 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Mug, there's an old post above where you did just that. I've also posted numerous times over the years on the Nevada board with links or references to this board (or the WAC/BW boards before that) and I've never heard that stance until now. There are also references to the MWC board on the other board from Hicks himself. So pardon me if I respectfully disagree with that position. If we all want to agree that we should pretend that the other boards don't exist, then I'm fine with that. So far, the posters here don't agree that it's bad form. 

So, let's go ahead and hash this out now and then put it to bed. First and foremost, I was really trying to gauge the temperature on this with the other posters on this board because I don't agree that it's in bad form at all, especially given the ties between the two boards. But, beyond that, I'd say that if encouraging someone to post on another board (btw, I knew fotographir wouldn't and it was a joke about previous posts where he doesn't like to post here more than anything), then I would say that it's also in bad form for a board owner/moderator and try to make it more personal. @WilliamHicks, no hard feeling on my part, but don't lecture me about etiquette in one post and throw insults in the next. The beauty of the MWC board is that it pretty lax and the real appeal of your board is that is the anti-BC board. But that exchange felt like one that would go down on BC. Don't be BC....there's already a BC and it sucks. 

Dude.  We can all see your end game here.  No real point to make, just stirring the pot.  Just like whining about pick 10 results not being up soon enough.  You're a freaking rabble-rouser, even a Boise drop out can see that.  I told Mug a long time ago "watch out for that Slapdad kid, he's trouble".  Now you're trying to create a great big rift between somebody and somebody else (sorry, I didn't follow close enough to get the names) and next thing you know we're going to be looking at Mug's North Korea ties, and we'll be excoriating vegans, and...

Um, yeah, it's OK to recommend other boards for reference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Not at all and I hope nobody thinks we are competing. One leads to another. In this case, a "new" member joined our forum and Slap told him to head over here, I read that as in over here instead of there.  

I didn't delete the post, I didn't go all forum nazi, I stated that we support the MWC board but telling a new member to go to another forum is poor forum etiquette.

@Slapdad Yes, I mentioned broncofans on here a few times when it was a new forum and nobody knew about it, but I stopped around the start of football season because I didn't want to be a forum promotion whore.  

This is all I'm going to say about this matter on here. It should be discussed on the original forum, not litter this forum. 

Sounds like this is all a miscommunication and misunderstanding.  

• Like 1

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

I think everyone here should go to the aac board. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Dude.  We can all see your end game here.  No real point to make, just stirring the pot.  Just like whining about pick 10 results not being up soon enough.  You're a freaking rabble-rouser, even a Boise drop out can see that.  I told Mug a long time ago "watch out for that Slapdad kid, he's trouble".  Now you're trying to create a great big rift between somebody and somebody else (sorry, I didn't follow close enough to get the names) and next thing you know we're going to be looking at Mug's North Korea ties, and we'll be excoriating vegans, and...

Um, yeah, it's OK to recommend other boards for reference.

Which leads me to another point. Did anyone see what time the Pick 10 results were posted??? Don’t bother looking it up, because the answer is “too late”. What a sham. And I’ll bet the results are fudged too. I’m not picking another team until next year!