ridgeview2

Game Thread - Fresno State vs. Wyoming

We aren't going to win another game this year.  We'll lose all 3 travelling trophies, and will have no talent whatsoever on the depth chart.

But god damn do our facilities kick ass.  Taxpayers oughtta be thrilled with that ROI.

• Like 3

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Hope Marcus doesn’t come back out. No reason to risk him 

He'll probably go in for one last drive before Reyna replaces him.

edit: I stand corrected. Reyna is in the game.

GG dogs.  Good luck the rest of the way.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Pokes play good, tough defense. We scored more on Wyoming that we did on Reno, but we had a much better offensive plan and execution that we did last week. Wyoming's D 2nd best we've played this year behind Minnesota, although we helped Minnesota a lot. Wyoming just kept making plays. We had to earn everything.

33 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Pokes play good, tough defense. We scored more on Wyoming that we did on Reno, but we had a much better offensive plan and execution that we did last week. Wyoming's D 2nd best we've played this year behind Minnesota, although we helped Minnesota a lot. Wyoming just kept making plays. We had to earn everything.

How conservative was FSU’s play calling knowing that you only needed one touchdown to win? I’m being serious. Did you play conservative or did we see the whole show? 

2 minutes ago, Wyoman said:

How conservative was FSU’s play calling knowing that you only needed one touchdown to win? I’m being serious. Did you play conservative or did we see the whole show? 

we went for it on 4th and goal up 27-3, you tell yourself.

8 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

we went for it on 4th and goal up 27-3, you tell yourself.

Maybe conservative wasn’t the right word because you went for it on 4th and goal twice from the 1. I know our defense is good, but against other teams that had maybe a semi competent offense, would you have kicked field goals to get the sure points? 

1 hour ago, Wyoman said:

Maybe conservative wasn’t the right word because you went for it on 4th and goal twice from the 1. I know our defense is good, but against other teams that had maybe a semi competent offense, would you have kicked field goals to get the sure points? 

probably.

Pokes consistently had offensive breakdowns every time they had the ball.   Penalties all game long, how many times did they go from 1st or 2nd down and 10 to 15?  TVW would make a good pass and ball be dropped, he would roll out and be chased and throw the ball away, and then just make some poor passes.  They couldn't get more than a couple first downs before another breakdown occurred.  5-17 on 3rd down conv.  
Basically, its an entire team failure on offense.  A good part of that coaching, the false starts as well as poor execution.  And the rest is just lack of talent and lack of playmakers overall.  

The defense played well at times but got beat on several big plays as well.  And still did not put much pressure on the QB.  

The defense has been pretty disappointing IMHO.  Zero ability to create pressure and our corners cant cover.