mugtang

Game Thread - SJSU vs Army

15 hours ago, GoCoAztec said:

So, we kick out SJ and drop down to 11 FB schools with only 5 in the West Division.  Then what?  Dividing the meager TV deal 10 ways instead of 11 hardly seems worth kicking a school out and then having to deal with the unbalanced schedule.  Jmho.

You're killin' me Smalls!

Just how much do you follow college football? Not a whole lot I would guess. As an example and FYI, the Big 12 holds a title game but doesn't have divisions.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, crixus said:

When you have an incompetent AD like Tuite and an unqualified Head Coach like Brennan any rotten thing is possible.:facepalm:

I defy anyone to try to argue that Tuite isn't the most incompetent athletic director of all the 130 FBS schools. And anyone who would base their argument on simply gender equality needs to just GTFO and go to the NAIA.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're killin' me Smalls!

Just how much do you follow college football? Not a whole lot I would guess. As an example and FYI, the Big 12 holds a title game but doesn't have divisions.

Better to attack than to answer?  

I guess your plan is 11 FB schools and no divisions?  Hummmm...let’s play Wyoming more and Fresno less?  

Or will we go to a 10 game conference schedule?

This is dumb.  “Kick them out” is not a plan, it’s a emotional reaction.

SJSU beings zero revenue to the conference while eating up somewhere between 8 and 9 percent of its TV revenue. SJSU also has as a basketball program which is so bad it is annually one of the bottom feeders among rated schools plus in 2017, SJSU's football team ranked #121 out of 130 FBS universities in attendance. SJSU is therefore not merely a money drain but an embarrassment to the MWC so to use your term for it, kicking the Spartans out is absolutely a "plan."

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SJSU beings zero revenue to the conference while eating up somewhere between 8 and 9 percent of its TV revenue. SJSU also has as a basketball program which is so bad it is annually one of the bottom feeders among rated schools plus in 2017, SJSU's football team ranked #121 out of 130 FBS universities in attendance. SJSU is therefore not merely a money drain but an embarrassment to the MWC so to use your term for it, kicking the Spartans out is absolutely a "plan."

So, we kick out SJ so that we can feast on the additional .009 percent of our huge and outlandish TV contract?  

C’mon man!