TheSanDiegan

Eight Reasons for All You Knuckleheads to Love Rocky Long

I love the Rocky Long Facts at the bottom. I think when Chuck Norris goes to sleep every night he checks under his bed to make sure Rocky isn't there.

If you were to press Rocky Long’s fingerprints on vinyl, the right thumbprint would play Thin Lizzy’s ‘Jailbreak,’ while the left plays KISS’s ‘Love Gun.’

Spends his offseason mostly in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot.

Openly hates that kicking is part of football. Despite having the best kicker in the nation.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

11 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I love the Rocky Long Facts at the bottom. I think when Chuck Norris goes to sleep every night he checks under his bed to make sure Rocky isn't there.

If you were to press Rocky Long’s fingerprints on vinyl, the right thumbprint would play Thin Lizzy’s ‘Jailbreak,’ while the left plays KISS’s ‘Love Gun.’

Spends his offseason mostly in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot.

Openly hates that kicking is part of football. Despite having the best kicker in the nation.

Nothing to do with Rocky but that's just a hilarious statement.

• Like 1

The best thing about this is it comes from a Boise State blogger...that's quite the compliment!

One of the most underrated coaches and one of the top 5 values for college head coaches

per USA Today...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/10/03/college-football-five-best-deals-contracts/1334116002/

Aztecs are well on their way to their 4th straight double digit win season..glad the Aztecs have him!

• Like 2

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

I’ve always respected Rocky Long.  He’s a great football coach. 

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

More obscure 'Rocky facts' from the above link:

- Rocky owns multiple 1970s muscle cars, at least half of which are on blocks.

- Rocky has seen ZZ Top live in concert no fewer than 10 times.

- Rocky hangs out with the hobos in Ocean Beach when he needs to blow off steam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Little known fact.   When Rocky Long was the coach at UNM, his parents would attend the UNM vs BYU games to support him.... but they would wear BYU gear.

Rod Long (Rocky's dad) played football for BYU

https://byucougars.com/athlete/football/10930/Rod-Long

28ivy9c.jpg

He from Provo, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm guessing they always kept a fresh half-gallon of Vanilla ice cream in the freezer, too.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’ve always respected Rocky Long.  He’s a great football coach. 

Likewise, I've always respected Rocky Long. I hate him and love him at the same time. Kinda like the butcher in Gangs of New York.

tumblr_lvndgzuyYf1qkoakl.jpg

• Haha 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I find it hard to believe that any self-respecting BSU fan, a fan base that takes exception to every slight and even makes some up when needed and hold on to anything for decades, would like someone like Rocky. 

31 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I find it hard to believe that any self-respecting BSU fan, a fan base that takes exception to every slight and even makes some up when needed and hold on to anything for decades, would like someone like Rocky. 

@Boise fan‘s granny is gonna rip you a new one tonight.

toughgrandma4.jpg

• Haha 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

He is the only coach that has beat us twice on the blue. His defenses are great. Imagine if he knew what the forward pass was. 

• Haha 1