Jump to content
TheSanDiegan

Eight Reasons for All You Knuckleheads to Love Rocky Long

Recommended Posts

He definitely won't blow smoke up your skirt. He'll calls it as he sees it; that's rare in these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've liked Long since he went for the 2-points  in OT to beat the Pack 6 years ago.

Total mis-direction play, everybody went left except 1 SDSU TE who was wide open for the bunny pass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Rocky Long Facts at the bottom. I think when Chuck Norris goes to sleep every night he checks under his bed to make sure Rocky isn't there.

If you were to press Rocky Long’s fingerprints on vinyl, the right thumbprint would play Thin Lizzy’s ‘Jailbreak,’ while the left plays KISS’s ‘Love Gun.’

Spends his offseason mostly in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot.

Openly hates that kicking is part of football. Despite having the best kicker in the nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I love the Rocky Long Facts at the bottom. I think when Chuck Norris goes to sleep every night he checks under his bed to make sure Rocky isn't there.

If you were to press Rocky Long’s fingerprints on vinyl, the right thumbprint would play Thin Lizzy’s ‘Jailbreak,’ while the left plays KISS’s ‘Love Gun.’

Spends his offseason mostly in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot.

Openly hates that kicking is part of football. Despite having the best kicker in the nation.

Nothing to do with Rocky but that's just a hilarious statement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This image kind of surprises me, in that I always pictured him wearing a leather helmet regardless of the era in which he played.

DpGs-ZKU8AIgHFS.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing about this is it comes from a Boise State blogger...that's quite the compliment!

One of the most underrated coaches and one of the top 5 values for college head coaches

per USA Today...

 https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/10/03/college-football-five-best-deals-contracts/1334116002/

Aztecs are well on their way to their 4th straight double digit win season..glad the Aztecs have him!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always respected Rocky Long.  He’s a great football coach. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More obscure 'Rocky facts' from the above link:

- Rocky owns multiple 1970s muscle cars, at least half of which are on blocks.

- Rocky has seen ZZ Top live in concert no fewer than 10 times.

- Rocky hangs out with the hobos in Ocean Beach when he needs to blow off steam.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Rocky_Tweet.jpg

:rotflmfao:

 

Little known fact.   When Rocky Long was the coach at UNM, his parents would attend the UNM vs BYU games to support him.... but they would wear BYU gear.

 

Rod Long (Rocky's dad) played football for BYU

https://byucougars.com/athlete/football/10930/Rod-Long

 

28ivy9c.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

 

Little known fact.   When Rocky Long was the coach at UNM, his parents would attend the UNM vs BYU games to support him.... but they would wear BYU gear.

 

Rod Long (Rocky's dad) played football for BYU

https://byucougars.com/athlete/football/10930/Rod-Long

 

28ivy9c.jpg

 

He from Provo, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm guessing they always kept a fresh half-gallon of Vanilla ice cream in the freezer, too.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original post omitted that Rocky Long is credited with finding the cure for insomnia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’ve always respected Rocky Long.  He’s a great football coach. 

Likewise, I've always respected Rocky Long. I hate him and love him at the same time. Kinda like the butcher in Gangs of New York.

tumblr_lvndgzuyYf1qkoakl.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hard to believe that any self-respecting BSU fan, a fan base that takes exception to every slight and even makes some up when needed and hold on to anything for decades, would like someone like Rocky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I find it hard to believe that any self-respecting BSU fan, a fan base that takes exception to every slight and even makes some up when needed and hold on to anything for decades, would like someone like Rocky. 

@Boise fan‘s granny is gonna rip you a new one tonight.

toughgrandma4.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Is that Boise Fan's mom?

Check with Dre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I find it hard to believe that any self-respecting BSU fan, a fan base that takes exception to every slight and even makes some up when needed and hold on to anything for decades, would like someone like Rocky. 

He is the only coach that has beat us twice on the blue. His defenses are great. Imagine if he knew what the forward pass was. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×