BSUTOP25

The world lost a great thinker when George Carlin died

“I don't like ass kissers, flag wavers or team players. I like people who buck the system. Individualists. I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.'" Avoid teams at all cost. Keep your circle small. Never join a group that has a name. If they say, "We're the So-and-Sos," take a walk. And if, somehow, you must join, if it's unavoidable, such as a union or a trade association, go ahead and join. But don't participate; it will be your death. And if they tell you you're not a team player, congratulate them on being observant.” 
― George Carlin

• Like 6

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

“I don't like ass kissers, flag wavers or team players. I like people who buck the system. Individualists. I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.'" Avoid teams at all cost. Keep your circle small. Never join a group that has a name. If they say, "We're the So-and-Sos," take a walk. And if, somehow, you must join, if it's unavoidable, such as a union or a trade association, go ahead and join. But don't participate; it will be your death. And if they tell you you're not a team player, congratulate them on being observant.” 
― George Carlin

He was a clinically depressed asshole that was very creative and could make you laugh at his outlook of life which was his living hell. Sometimes he was completely full of shit, though. To put down the human race, he said that humans are the only animals on earth that kill their own. But there are lots of examples of certain animals such as big cats that will kill and eat other cats including any babies. 

• Facepalm 9

kat.jpg

48 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He was a clinically depressed asshole that was very creative and could make you laugh at his outlook of life which was his living hell. Sometimes he was completely full of shit, though. To put down the human race, he said that humans are the only animals on earth that kill their own. But there are lots of examples of certain animals such as big cats that will kill and eat other cats including any babies. 

Obscure post of the day:

#1, don't #2 all over his parade by being so #3ing literal. 

image.png.d68eaf0ed8d50ca65960996d8e982343.png

image.png.b59ea2b60fd7dec27ec9a8609e103538.png

#3 you Sarah.  A few people saw them and everyone loves #7

image.png.d44ceb6af7c2acd0e730752037f84aa7.png

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Sad that this is what you got out of his commentary. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

He was a legend and a sage. I got to see him live once in Arcata at the HSU theatre. He really pissed a bunch of prudes off that night. It was hilarious. That's still one of my life's highlights to this point. 

"Think Off-Center"

I got to cover one of his last shows just a couple of months before he died. Dude was still biting and hilarious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mano said:

Sad that this is what you got out of his commentary. 

I thought he was very funny at times, and he definitely wasn’t an act. What he brought on stage was very much who he really was and how he really thought. If you know a lot about him, I don’t know how you could think that he wasn’t a major & chronic malcontent that was somewhat miserable with life.

But what made him so painful to watch was his whining and crying about mankind being so fvcking stupid, yet he didn’t have any good ideas. He did spend mega hours memorizing all the words he used in his show so he could just rattle off countless words quickly. He had a great memory, no doubt, but he also thought his memory made him a legitimately smart badass. Wrong!!!!! 😂🤪😂😂

kat.jpg

24 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I thought he was very funny at times, and he definitely wasn’t an act. What he brought on stage was very much who he really was and how he really thought. If you know a lot about him, I don’t know how you could think that he wasn’t a major & chronic malcontent that was somewhat miserable with life.

But what made him so painful to watch was his whining and crying about mankind being so fvcking stupid, yet he didn’t have any good ideas. He did spend mega hours memorizing all the words he used in his show so he could just rattle off countless words quickly. He had a great memory, no doubt, but he also thought his memory made him a legitimately smart badass. Wrong!!!!! 😂🤪😂😂

I do not believe that you are the most qualified person on this thread to determine who is and isn't smart. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 hours ago, happycamper said:

I do not believe that you are the most qualified person on this thread to determine who is and isn't smart. 

No, I just take my best shot at it, and with you having been sent by God to be here as ‘Modern Jesus’, if I’m wrong I certainly know you’ll correct me. 

What amazes me about this board is some of you guys laugh at stuff that was stupid even the first time it was used. But after hundreds of the same thing, you guys still get a hard-on for it. You guys should check out being audience laughers for a sitcom. That way you can at least get paid to laugh at stupid shit. 😹😹😹👍

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

kat.jpg

23 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

No, I just take my best shot at it, and with you having been sent by God to be here as ‘Modern Jesus’, if I’m wrong I certainly know you’ll correct me. 

What amazes me about this board is some of you guys laugh at stuff that was stupid even the first time it was used. But after hundreds of the same thing, you guys still get a hard-on for it. You guys should check out being audience laughers for a sitcom. That way you can at least get paid to laugh at stupid shit. 😹😹😹👍

Convert

What the f*ck are you talking about?

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 10/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, Joe from WY said:

He was a legend and a sage. I got to see him live once in Arcata at the HSU theatre. He really pissed a bunch of prudes off that night. It was hilarious. That's still one of my life's highlights to this point. 

"Think Off-Center"

My buddies and I had great seats in seeing him at Caesar's in Vegas about 20 years ago. The leftist political comments would have turned off a lot of you guys but his shtick about history of the enema was one of those occasions when we all laughed so hard we lost our breath for a minute.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 hours ago, Boise fan said:

I'm amused BSU thinks so highly of him.  Or many of the other conservatives here.  

Authentic liberals like myself appreciate Carin's critical thinking and creativity. I agreed with him on many things and when I disagreed with him I never pounded my fist and screamed "OFF TO THE GULAG!!!!" like some radical far left authoritarian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Authentic liberals like myself appreciate Carin's critical thinking and creativity. I agreed with him on many things and when I disagreed with him I never pounded my fist and screamed "OFF TO THE GULAG!!!!" like some radical far left authoritarian. 

"authentic liberal"

:lol:

How funny would it be to have George and Rand sit down for a discussion? 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Dad AztecMesa used to regularly espouse Rand's philosophy of life. And he's a huge supporter of the other Rand - Paul.

In the final analysis they're three peabrains in a pod and thankfully nobody here is that much of a wingnut.

Boom goes the dynamite.