Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BSUTOP25

The world lost a great thinker when George Carlin died

Recommended Posts

“I don't like ass kissers, flag wavers or team players. I like people who buck the system. Individualists. I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.'" Avoid teams at all cost. Keep your circle small. Never join a group that has a name. If they say, "We're the So-and-Sos," take a walk. And if, somehow, you must join, if it's unavoidable, such as a union or a trade association, go ahead and join. But don't participate; it will be your death. And if they tell you you're not a team player, congratulate them on being observant.” 
― George Carlin

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a legend and a sage. I got to see him live once in Arcata at the HSU theatre. He really pissed a bunch of prudes off that night. It was hilarious. That's still one of my life's highlights to this point. 

"Think Off-Center"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

“I don't like ass kissers, flag wavers or team players. I like people who buck the system. Individualists. I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.'" Avoid teams at all cost. Keep your circle small. Never join a group that has a name. If they say, "We're the So-and-Sos," take a walk. And if, somehow, you must join, if it's unavoidable, such as a union or a trade association, go ahead and join. But don't participate; it will be your death. And if they tell you you're not a team player, congratulate them on being observant.” 
― George Carlin

He was a clinically depressed asshole that was very creative and could make you laugh at his outlook of life which was his living hell. Sometimes he was completely full of shit, though. To put down the human race, he said that humans are the only animals on earth that kill their own. But there are lots of examples of certain animals such as big cats that will kill and eat other cats including any babies. 

  • Facepalm 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He was a clinically depressed asshole that was very creative and could make you laugh at his outlook of life which was his living hell. Sometimes he was completely full of shit, though. To put down the human race, he said that humans are the only animals on earth that kill their own. But there are lots of examples of certain animals such as big cats that will kill and eat other cats including any babies. 

Obscure post of the day:

 

#1, don't #2 all over his parade by being so #3ing literal. 

#5

image.png.d68eaf0ed8d50ca65960996d8e982343.png

#6

image.png.b59ea2b60fd7dec27ec9a8609e103538.png

#3 you Sarah.  A few people saw them and everyone loves #7

image.png.d44ceb6af7c2acd0e730752037f84aa7.png

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He was a clinically depressed asshole that was very creative and could make you laugh at his outlook of life which was his living hell. Sometimes he was completely full of shit, though. To put down the human race, he said that humans are the only animals on earth that kill their own. But there are lots of examples of certain animals such as big cats that will kill and eat other cats including any babies. 

Sad that this is what you got out of his commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

He was a legend and a sage. I got to see him live once in Arcata at the HSU theatre. He really pissed a bunch of prudes off that night. It was hilarious. That's still one of my life's highlights to this point. 

 "Think Off-Center"

I got to cover one of his last shows just a couple of months before he died. Dude was still biting and hilarious.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen him a couple of times. He was a funny dude not to be taken serious, except in a lot of cases.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mano said:

Sad that this is what you got out of his commentary. 

I thought he was very funny at times, and he definitely wasn’t an act. What he brought on stage was very much who he really was and how he really thought. If you know a lot about him, I don’t know how you could think that he wasn’t a major & chronic malcontent that was somewhat miserable with life.

But what made him so painful to watch was his whining and crying about mankind being so fvcking stupid, yet he didn’t have any good ideas. He did spend mega hours memorizing all the words he used in his show so he could just rattle off countless words quickly. He had a great memory, no doubt, but he also thought his memory made him a legitimately smart badass. Wrong!!!!! 😂🤪😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I thought he was very funny at times, and he definitely wasn’t an act. What he brought on stage was very much who he really was and how he really thought. If you know a lot about him, I don’t know how you could think that he wasn’t a major & chronic malcontent that was somewhat miserable with life.

But what made him so painful to watch was his whining and crying about mankind being so fvcking stupid, yet he didn’t have any good ideas. He did spend mega hours memorizing all the words he used in his show so he could just rattle off countless words quickly. He had a great memory, no doubt, but he also thought his memory made him a legitimately smart badass. Wrong!!!!! 😂🤪😂😂

I do not believe that you are the most qualified person on this thread to determine who is and isn't smart. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, happycamper said:

I do not believe that you are the most qualified person on this thread to determine who is and isn't smart. 

No, I just take my best shot at it, and with you having been sent by God to be here as ‘Modern Jesus’, if I’m wrong I certainly know you’ll correct me. 

What amazes me about this board is some of you guys laugh at stuff that was stupid even the first time it was used. But after hundreds of the same thing, you guys still get a hard-on for it. You guys should check out being audience laughers for a sitcom. That way you can at least get paid to laugh at stupid shit. 😹😹😹👍

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

No, I just take my best shot at it, and with you having been sent by God to be here as ‘Modern Jesus’, if I’m wrong I certainly know you’ll correct me. 

What amazes me about this board is some of you guys laugh at stuff that was stupid even the first time it was used. But after hundreds of the same thing, you guys still get a hard-on for it. You guys should check out being audience laughers for a sitcom. That way you can at least get paid to laugh at stupid shit. 😹😹😹👍

Convert

What the f*ck are you talking about?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, Joe from WY said:

He was a legend and a sage. I got to see him live once in Arcata at the HSU theatre. He really pissed a bunch of prudes off that night. It was hilarious. That's still one of my life's highlights to this point. 

"Think Off-Center"

My buddies and I had great seats in seeing him at Caesar's in Vegas about 20 years ago. The leftist political comments would have turned off a lot of you guys but his shtick about history of the enema was one of those occasions when we all laughed so hard we lost our breath for a minute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amused BSU thinks so highly of him.  Or many of the other conservatives here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boise fan said:

I'm amused BSU thinks so highly of him.  Or many of the other conservatives here.  

Authentic liberals like myself appreciate Carin's critical thinking and creativity. I agreed with him on many things and when I disagreed with him I never pounded my fist and screamed "OFF TO THE GULAG!!!!" like some radical far left authoritarian. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Authentic liberals like myself appreciate Carin's critical thinking and creativity. I agreed with him on many things and when I disagreed with him I never pounded my fist and screamed "OFF TO THE GULAG!!!!" like some radical far left authoritarian. 

"authentic liberal"

:lol:

How funny would it be to have George and Rand sit down for a discussion? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Carlin was probably the greatest comedy/philosopher ever. If you didn't come away from his performance with a different way of looking at one thing, then you are too stubborn to be saved or you weren't paying attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dad AztecMesa used to regularly espouse Rand's philosophy of life. And he's a huge supporter of the other Rand - Paul.

In the final analysis they're three peabrains in a pod and thankfully nobody here is that much of a wingnut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

My buddies and I had great seats in seeing him at Caesar's in Vegas about 20 years ago. The leftist political comments would have turned off a lot of you guys but his shtick about history of the enema was one of those occasions when we all laughed so hard we lost our breath for a minute.

I liked his political humor. Often times I agreed with him. I'm not a Republican though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×