bsu_alum9

Mangum benched

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Ken N...  an experienced HC with a proven record.  

He was my preference as well.   Didn't like the fact that Sitake had never been a head coach before let alone had never coached at a successful P5 school before.

14 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Ken N...  an experienced HC with a proven record.  

Didn't he say no?

I don't know why BYU hasn't gone option before frankly. As stated, BYU can have dominant lines but struggles with speed... I'm seeing Taysom Hill run a triple option in my mind's eye right now and it looks like a good, good team. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, happycamper said:

Didn't he say no?

I don't know why BYU hasn't gone option before frankly. As stated, BYU can have dominant lines but struggles with speed... I'm seeing Taysom Hill run a triple option in my mind's eye right now and it looks like a good, good team. 

No.  He was counteroffered a new contract by Navy and took it.  

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Didn't he say no?

I get the impression BYU never gave him a serious look...  more of a courtesy interview.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I get the impression BYU never gave him a serious look...  more of a courtesy interview.

dumb.

not even a "in retrospect" dumb.

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I honestly thought Sitake would do extremely well at BYU (and he still might, although maybe he's just not head coaching material).  I thought he would re-establish the Poly pipeline and get enough talented athletes to do well.  I thought after a good 5-7 years, that maybe Utah might be able to lure him away from BYU with more money once Whitt decides to hang it up. 

If Sitake doesn't work out, what about Jay Hill?  He'd be on my short list.

I just don't understand BYU's football philosophy?  It makes no-sense to consistently recruit in the 60's-80's and then have a strength of schedule 30-50's spots North of that?    

57 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Sitake should be fired!!!! 

Losing to USU blown out twice was an outrage!!!

FIFY

• Haha 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Didn't he say no?

I'm not sure he was offered the job.  He got a raise at Navy as well, so who knows.

This is how I think it went.

"If we make you the head coach, we aren't running option/veer at BYU.  What do you think?"

"I want to run option/veer if I am the HC."

"Thanks for coming to this interview."

Who turned down who, I don't know.  I think he's a good coach and a good guy.  I'm not sure exactly what happened, though.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

59 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I honestly thought Sitake would do extremely well at BYU (and he still might, although maybe he's just not head coaching material).  I thought he would re-establish the Poly pipeline and get enough talented athletes to do well.  I thought after a good 5-7 years, that maybe Utah might be able to lure him away from BYU with more money once Whitt decides to hang it up. 

If Sitake doesn't work out, what about Jay Hill?  He'd be on my short list.

I just don't understand BYU's football philosophy?  It makes no-sense to consistently recruit in the 60's-80's and then have a strength of schedule 30-50's spots North of that?    

I think he'll be given a long leash.  

I think Jay Hill hates BYU.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
32 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I think he'll be given a long leash.  

I think Jay Hill hates BYU.

I'd be surprised if Jay Hill turned down a head coaching job at BYU.  

Maybe he hated BYU as a player, but he'd be dumb to turn down a head coaching job.

That said, Jay Hill probably needs a MWC caliber job before BYU pursues him.  

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

CA603FC7-0F7F-456D-B228-A1F786D7278F.jpeg.97276fa10ca3346ce80a942ba89faee4.jpeg

^^^ Doesn't get sarcasm.

This is a BYU thread, which you claim to not care about.   

Go back to posting about your rivalry with SJSU.

3 hours ago, Staywokeprovo said:

Damn this guy is a baller can’t even player hate. As far as the sitaki era first it was ty’s Fault now it’s tanner. When will sitaki get the finger pointed at him. I give stunner credit for being the first BYU guy to the fire sitaki party.

He looks like a 15 year old. He must be the youngest looking player to ever play at BYU.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

He looks like a 15 year old. He must be the youngest looking player to ever play at BYU.

It's not too late for you to follow Zach Wilson's example, and repent.

Zach Wilson was once a prodigal son too.

Come home.

maxresdefault.jpg