thedude15

Boise out two defensive starters Pierce and Moa for rest of year

Sure it has been posted somewhere on this site but I just say it on ESPN for the less informed. 

It really looks like Utah State is in the drivers seat to make the MWC champ game. 

Boise has to avoid any slip ups AND beat Fresno/USU. USU on the other hand has to avoid any slip ups and either have Fresno beat Boise OR beat Boise themselves. 

Maybe we have another Fresno vs USU MWC champ game this year?

*edit, I guess @Hawaii (assuming they have there starting QB back) will be a difficult game for USU. But to me USU is still in the drivers seat (I think @ Hawaii is an easier game than vs Fresno). 

Boise doesn't have the depth of prior year. Coaching, why in the last 5 minutes, down almost 2 TD's you base your offense to short passes in the middle of the field, no hurry up no out patterns? Coaching...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Boise doesn't have the depth of prior year. Coaching, why in the last 5 minutes, down almost 2 TD's you base your offense to short passes in the middle of the field, no hurry up no out patterns? Coaching...

Because every time the QB threw over 10 yards the ball bounced off a SDSU player’s hands.

I wouldn’t have trusted Rypien either.

• Like 1

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

ON a  positive, note you got some time to develop the backups before the Fresno and USU game.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Because every time the QB threw attempted a throw over 10 yards the ball bounced off a SDSU player’s hands that had beaten the RT and was laying on top of Rypien.

I wouldn’t have trusted Rypien my future physical health to that O-Line either.

FIFY

5 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Is that why Fresno was lucky to score 21??

Fresno State underperformed because our two best RB were  either on the shelf or seriously limited, which put us in 2nd and long, 3rd and long all night. But even if all our horses were healthy, we may not have scored more than 28. Nevada made some good plays, but let's not pretend like your defense are the '85 Bears...Toledo hung 63 on them.

Also factoring in, both are coming off tough losses. Boise needs the win badly, and they have a history of when backed into a corner, coming out on fire. Mattison is a much better RB than anything Fresno State has...I believe he will be able to keep Boise in 2nd and 3rd and 4 or less.

I may be in the weeds, but just a hunch I have.

2 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Fresno State underperformed because our two best RB were  either on the shelf or seriously limited, which put us in 2nd and long, 3rd and long all night. But even if all our horses were healthy, we may not have scored more than 28. Nevada made some good plays, but let's not pretend like your defense are the '85 Bears...Toledo hung 63 on them.

Also factoring in, both are coming off tough losses. Boise needs the win badly, and they have a history of when backed into a corner, coming out on fire. Mattison is a much better RB than anything Fresno State has...I believe he will be able to keep Boise in 2nd and 3rd and 4 or less.

I may be in the weeds, but just a hunch I have.

Underperformed . .. Fresno mantra.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Gotta love it when an opponent is thumping their chest about an 18 point loss to us. You did good, congrats. 

Damn right skippy. Just think if your 2 best running backs weren't "on the shelf or seriously limited", you mightve curbstomped us like I predicted.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Moa is a big loss.  His replacement is under 260.  Pierce was the leading tackler on the team before injury.  Time to see if Harsin is as good a recruiter as he appears on paper.  If so, our depth should be ok.

Moa is definitely a loss, although he hasn't played but a few snaps this year.. There is a significant drop off with Locher and Hatada. The fact that he has applied for, and will likely get, a MedRS is a surprise bonus for next years team. Pierce is a solid player, but not spectacular. There is also a ton of depth at safety. Evans, Jones, and Happle are all good replacements. Jones has looked like a future All Conference player in his limited PT so far.