CPslograd

Man in the High Castle

40 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Over the weekend, I realized that I hadn't watched Season 2, so I finished that one up. I'm about halfway through Season 3 right now, and it's really good. I'll probably end up finishing it this weekend.

Season 2 was kind of underwhelming.  I guess the story "handler" left half way through.  Which in retrospect makes sense cause that season was kind of muddled.  I wasnt that pumped about season 3 until I started watching it.  Much better story arc.

I read some critic reviews and one criticism is that the sci fi is much more blatant and fantastic than previous seasons.  Its true, but it didnt bother me.

I'm in the middle of season one, and after looking at the first post I didn't read anything else in this thread because I fear spoilers. However, I am really into the show, and I plan to watch all of it in the coming weeks. So I'll come back and check it at that point.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

I'm just a few episodes into season 3. Great show. Love the character and actor of Smith. Such a good well rounded character that happens to be a Nazi.

I want that dude dead!

But youre right the character is interesting.

I’ve watched it all of the way through.  Really liked it. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I want that dude dead!

But youre right the character is interesting.

I haven't finished season 3 yeat so no spoilers but at this point he is one of my most relatable/likeable characters....you know except for the whole being a Nazi thing. His season 2 arc was great. I think the show is trying to show him as a good man who fought against the NAzi's in WW2 but became one after and is still a good family man and tries to do what is right but you know is still a Nazi. Just my opinion.

9 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Anyone else watched season 3 all the way through yet?

The production and acting have always been great, but finally we get a season with a tight narrative start to finish.  I liked it a lot.

Enjoying it - we are about mid way thru season 3 

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

I haven't finished season 3 yeat so no spoilers but at this point he is one of my most relatable/likeable characters....you know except for the whole being a Nazi thing. His season 2 arc was great. I think the show is trying to show him as a good man who fought against the NAzi's in WW2 but became one after and is still a good family man and tries to do what is right but you know is still a Nazi. Just my opinion.

I promise no spoilers.

On Smith, I loathe him.  He is a man who chooses to be evil, the fact that he has occasional guilt pangs doesn’t make it any more forgivable, in fact it makes it worse.  The actor and character are great, but I want to put a bullet through his skull.

what I like about season 3 is you see the growth of some of the characters.  And it makes the heros more likable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tspoke said:

I'm just a few episodes into season 3. Great show. Love the character and actor of Smith. Such a good well rounded character that happens to be a Nazi.

3 hours ago, tspoke said:

To me, I find the character fascinating, but can't see him as likeable in any way. With every decision he has made since being on the losing side of the war, he has become more and more of a monster.  Reminds me of th he chatacter arc for Walter White in Breaking Bad. 

• Like 1

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan