ltcpilot

2018 attendance update

Friday night wont be much of a showing in SD as its a Blue Collar town and most will be working. I will enjoy it from our Box.

After reading these attendance numbers, tell me again, why is SJSU in our conference?

Go Aztecs!

17 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Surprised Fresno fans haven't came back. 

Will csu have an attendance number in the teens this year?  

As for CSU, the UNM game has less than 500 seats left for the general public.  That will be followed by the WYO game which will have a stadium filled with Poke fans seeking a superior lifestyle.  Then there's Utah State who will draw the least of the three but will push 30K.

So the answer to your question is a resounding No.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

As for CSU, the UNM game has less than 500 seats left for the general public.  That will be followed by the WYO game which will have a stadium filled with Poke fans seeking a superior lifestyle.  Then there's Utah State who will draw the least of the three but will push 30K.

So the answer to your question is a resounding No.

So what you're saying is Wyoming will prevent CSEwe attendance from dropping below 20k...

• Like 1

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Looking at the seat selection screen on the Go Bulldogs website, I think the Fresno/Wyoming game will be a packed house. I'm really excited to see Bulldog Stadium rocking this weekend. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Anything less than 20k is shameful.

Re: Bulldog stadium - they need to do a better job marketing the games post CTD.  Also, the start times are too late imho.  Still, I would have expected better this year (all saturday games, good team, etc)

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

you guys pump your attendance figures. 

Imagine that, a written publication that expands the truth...SHOCKING!

Stadium holds 72K if you have 30K in attendance it appears on TV like 15k. We get 30k+.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

What does the non-tarped off section hold at QUALCOMM?

So the guy that states he is a Air Force (See Boy Scouts for reference) yet is really a Wyo fan wants to shoot holes into statements regarding integrity? Car is parked, keep chasing...

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

Anything less than 20k is shameful.

Re: Bulldog stadium - they need to do a better job marketing the games post CTD.  Also, the start times are too late imho.  Still, I would have expected better this year (all saturday games, good team, etc)

the AD has no control over start times, and neither does the conference.  TV partners determine those, and as ESPN has noticed that we're good this year they retained basically every game CBS sports didn't claim and are using us to fill the 7:30 timeslot on ESPNU rather than let it go empty.  If we break into the top 25 by the Hawaii game that one might end up on ESPN2 or flexed to a different timeslot.

Team Average % of Capacity
Air Force 32432 69%
Boise State 35597 98%
Colorado State 29720 72%
Fresno State 32286 79%
Hawaii 25574 51%
Nevada 17785 59%
New Mexico 18509 47%
San Diego State 37098 69%
San Jose State 14280 47%
UNLV 15952 45%
Utah State 18651 73%
Wyoming          22232 76%

2 hours ago, Bob said:

The Wyo game will be well-attended, yes. Pokes fans actually travel. NM and Utard state? I would bet those are sparsely attended in terms of actual butts in seats 

WYO fans dont need to travel.  Many of them have moved to Fort Collins and surrounding towns, seeking a lifestyle superior to Laramie.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

the AD has no control over start times, and neither does the conference.  TV partners determine those, and as ESPN has noticed that we're good this year they retained basically every game CBS sports didn't claim and are using us to fill the 7:30 timeslot on ESPNU rather than let it go empty.  If we break into the top 25 by the Hawaii game that one might end up on ESPN2 or flexed to a different timeslot.

Yes, I realize this.  Unfortunately, though, if the AD wants BITS, they need to either get more control over start times, schedule more interesting teams, or both.  It will also help with folks leaving the games early.  Somehow resolving the parking/traffic issues around the stadium wouldnt hurt too.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

10 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Yes, I realize this.  Unfortunately, though, if the AD wants BITS, they need to either get more control over start times, schedule more interesting teams, or both.  It will also help with folks leaving the games early.  Somehow resolving the parking/traffic issues around the stadium wouldnt hurt too.

tumey has said he plans to schedule more P5 teams to home/home or 2 for 1s in the future.   We'll see how it goes.

Part of the problem for west coast MW schools (and this is never gonna change) is that we don't have another regional G5 conference that draws a modicum of attention from area fans and whose upper-tier schools would be at least a reasonable draw.  Obviously it's a relative boon for recruiting, but there's no equivalent, for instance, to that FAU/UCF matchup, where even though FAU isn't a P5 team UCF fans will know and appreciate that they're the best CUSA has to offer and are a worthy opponent.  If Fresno State wants to tilt with a G5 conference title favorite the nearest is North Texas, a smooth 1300 miles away.   It's nearly 1500 to Houston, 1950 to Troy....you get the point. 

It's why we barely drew 33k for a Toledo team that's flirted with the top 25 for most of the past few years.  Nobody knows that Toledo's 72-31 since 2009, or 30-8 since 2015.    Nobody knows who the rockets are.  There is no local Toledo alumni base.  The Rockets don't take recruits of any level from central california whose families might show up to the game in support; even FCS teams take guys out of the valley that fresno or other MW teams don't offer.  When idaho came here, Tre Walker had something like 30 or 40 of his extended family, friends, and HS classmates in my section cheering for him.