ZK686

Have to admit I'm super pumped for Nevada's basketball team.

Don't get me wrong, I want Fresno State to do as good as they can in basketball...but to see Nevada in all these preseason Top 10 talks is awesome. Gives me a sense of pride for the MW. Especially because Nevada isn't even consider the more "popular" school in their own state. 

• Like 4

1MXnKMV.jpg

2 hours ago, ZK686 said:

Don't get me wrong, I want Fresno State to do as good as they can in basketball...but to see Nevada in all these preseason Top 10 talks is awesome. Gives me a sense of pride for the MW. Especially because Nevada isn't even consider the more "popular" school in their own state. 

It's incredibly surreal for us long time fans.

• Like 4

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

If they don’t make the final four, then it’ll be a major letdown considering the hype they get around here..

Best case scenario would be them getting matched up against Gonzaga in the Tourney and humiliating them...

• Like 1

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Basketball is an after thought to football for most Boise State fans. Nevada seems to have had a good tradition in basketball going back quite a few years. Is your point guard Drew going to come back from injury this year? 

The belief is he’s going to redshirt this year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

47 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

See there you go.  It's a long season & karmas a bitch.

Nothing wrong with having confidence. 

Hell, we got fans on Barkboard talking about how the Dogs are going to get into a NY 6 bowl this year... 

1MXnKMV.jpg

9 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

See there you go.  It's a long season & karmas a bitch.

Wasn’t predicting where we will end up.  I understand we have to make it through a long season.  With that said, this is likely the most talented team Nevada will ever have and I’m enjoying the ride.  

9 hours ago, renoskier said:

Feel bad for him...but I kinda hope so.

Let Cody run the show.

Next year LD can be the man.

He would definitely be more valuable next year than this. But I wouldn’t blame him a bit for coming back this year in a diminished role. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

If they don’t make the final four, then it’ll be a major letdown considering the hype they get around here..

Best case scenario would be them getting matched up against Gonzaga in the Tourney and humiliating them...

I'd much rather Nevada humiliate CBB bluebloods like Kentucky, Kansas or (fill in the blank)...

• Like 2

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

4 hours ago, Sputnik46 said:

Wasn’t predicting where we will end up.  I understand we have to make it through a long season.  With that said, this is likely the most talented team Nevada will ever have and I’m enjoying the ride.  

If Nevada can keep Muss (a very big if) it’s quite possible this won’t be the most talented team we ever see. With that said it’s extremly difficult to have this many talented seniors on the same team. You have to guys that are just on the fringe of the NBA but not guaranteed to make it so they comeback.

With Caleb Martin specifically Nevada fans can actually thank Colorado st for him coming back. The main reason he came back instead is staying in the draft was his foot injury (at CSU) he realized that if he stayed in the draft regardless if he was actually drafted he’d immediately be going to summer league, then camp, then preseason etc. All while being a fringe guy needing to make the team. Thus no resting his foot. After opting out of draft he basically didn’t practice all of June/July, boot came off last week of summer practice fully healthy.

Cant wait.

• Like 2