pokebball

Ben Shapiro at USC this past week

For about two years after leaving Breitbart News because he thought Bannon was a fascist, Shapiro was on an L.A. morning news radio talk show. Notwithstanding his annoying little brother timbre, I enjoyed listening to him. However, I'm very surprised that unlike many of his peers like Max Boot and Bill Krystal, Shapiro hasn't turned 100% against our Fake President and his Republican sycophants. I've accordingly lost a lot of respect for Shapiro since the Fake President took office.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

For about two years after leaving Breitbart News because he thought Bannon was a fascist, Shapiro was on an L.A. morning news radio talk show. Notwithstanding his annoying little brother timbre, I enjoyed listening to him. However, I'm very surprised that unlike many of his peers like Max Boot and Bill Krystal, Shapiro hasn't turned 100% against our Fake President and his Republican sycophants. I've accordingly lost a lot of respect for Shapiro since the Fake President took office.

In the above video, he blatantly and firmly calls Trump out about his comments towards Dr. Ford. 

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've seen him call out President Trump a lot of times in various clips I've seen.  

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

It is interesting that someone can do a good job of cutting through bullshit and be full of shit at the same time. It's very postmodern.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

35 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It is interesting that someone can do a good job of cutting through bullshit and be full of shit at the same time. It's very postmodern.

How do you think Shapiro is full of shit?  Is it simply the different political philosophy or something else?

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Shapiro does such a great job cutting through the bullshit to make his conservative point.

I like Shapiro. He’s a thoughtful guy. I often disagree with him but I agree with a LOT of what he says here. Especially with regard to free speech on college campuses and I’m sympathetic to his arguments over the treatment of Kavanaugh. 

His arguments about negative and positive individual rights are compelling but, like pure communism, I’ve always believed they are better in theory than practice. Your individual rights end at the point of my nose. When we have billions of people living in close proximity to each other, your individual actions can have profound consequences to my individual liberty. See pollution.

We have plenty of examples throughout our history of individuals working collectively to deny individual rights to people in the name of free exercise of insert action. See segregation. See separate but equal. 

Government is people. Often flawed people but it is how we resolve our individual collisions between my liberty and your liberty. It’s a terrible system but it’s better than all the rest.

3B44FD42-5956-4814-AF2D-C2995A83ADEA.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pokebball said:

How do you think Shapiro is full of shit?  Is it simply the different political philosophy or something else?

He has a shtick. IMO, by definition, if you have a shtick you are full of it. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

25 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I like Shapiro. He’s a thoughtful guy. I often disagree with him but I agree with a LOT of what he says here. Especially with regard to free speech on college campuses and I’m sympathetic to his arguments over the treatment of Kavanaugh. 

His arguments about negative and positive individual rights are compelling but, like pure communism, I’ve always believed they are better in theory than practice. Your individual rights end at the point of my nose. When we have billions of people living in close proximity to each other, your individual actions can have profound consequences to my individual liberty. See pollution.

We have plenty of examples throughout our history of individuals working collectively to deny individual rights to people in the name of free exercise of insert action. See segregation. See separate but equal. 

Government is people. Often flawed people but it is how we resolve our individual collisions between my liberty and your liberty. It’s a terrible system but it’s better than all the rest.

3B44FD42-5956-4814-AF2D-C2995A83ADEA.jpeg

His speeches make me think and he does present his opinions in a respectful way.  That is refreshing today.  

Shapiro is a smart dude but leans too much on straw-man arguments to be taken seriously, intellectually speaking. He debates well, but he's kind of like a pundit "plus" to me. Better than a Hannity or O'Reilly by miles but not someone I would read to sincerely educate myself.

Just now, toonkee said:

Shapiro is a smart dude but leans too much on straw-man arguments to be taken seriously, intellectually speaking. He debates well, but he's kind of like a pundit "plus" to me. Better than a Hannity or O'Reilly by miles but not someone I would read to sincerely educate myself.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Shapiro is a smart dude but leans too much on straw-man arguments to be taken intellectually. He debates well, but he's kind of like a pundit "plus" to me. Better than a Hannity or O'Reilly by miles but not someone I would read to sincerely educate myself.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Quoted yourself for emphasis?