lawofthejunglenv

Nevada vs Boise State

Just now, Staywokeprovo said:

Great point plus when was the last time you saw a sober Native American on a Saturday night. 

Good bye.  

• Like 9

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Lol no, lol no, maybe with AF’s new QB it’s a game.  

Seriously.  We've never won in the Springs.  CSU has never beat us and it would be just like a Harsin team to shit the bed when least expected (they NEED the win to get to 7-6), and New Mexico has played us tough in the ABQ.

2 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Seriously.  We've never won in the Springs.  CSU has never beat us and it would be just like a Harsin team to shit the bed when least expected (they NEED the win to get to 7-6), and New Mexico has played us tough in the ABQ.

I forgot you've have never won in Colorado Springs.  I don't see CSU or New Mexico challenging you guys though.  You're not as good as you were in the past but your still a level above them.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I forgot you've have never won in Colorado Springs.  I don't see CSU or New Mexico challenging you guys though.  You're not as good as you were in the past but your still a level above them.  

Problem is, you could say that about at least one team that Boise has lost to every year under Harsin.  Which one is it gonna be this year? 5+ turnovers are a great equalizer.  You guys only got 4, which is bad for us because we have a 5 TO game every year, so another shit show is coming.

3 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Problem is, you could say that about at least one team that Boise has lost to every year under Harsin.  Which one is it gonna be this year? 5+ turnovers are a great equalizer.  You guys only got 4, which is bad for us because we have a 5 TO game every year, so another shit show is coming.

So we just needed one more turnover.... :computerdestroy:

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I did. Love Gangi but if we’re going to lose I’d rather the young QBs get snaps. 

There were a lot of guys doing important things out there to play with Boise. Our defense did wonderful things to keep them to 31 with all that the offensive turnovers harmed them in the first half. Without Gangi out there moving the chains, leading scoring drives over and over, they couldn’t do that. Boise would have worn us down and annihilated us.

The entire program is in a rebuild. Our guys being able to play in the fire of a real game against a better team is more valuable than our young qb sucking a little less and getting blown out 54-13. Guys filling the other 21 positions learned a lot more by being in that dogfight than they would have, had Gangi sat.

My only regret is Gangi was coached to trust his legs earlier in his career. He’d be a better, Rypien-esque, passer with the ability to move than what he was in September. He did well making the reads in the pocket, just didn’t know where to make the thows.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

There were a lot of guys doing important things out there to play with Boise. Our defense did wonderful things to keep them to 31 with all that the offensive turnovers harmed them in the first half. Without Gangi out there moving the chains, leading scoring drives over and over, they couldn’t do that. Boise would have worn us down and annihilated us.

The entire program is in a rebuild. Our guys being able to play in the fire of a real game against a better team is more valuable than our young qb sucking a little less and getting blown out 54-13. Guys filling the other 21 positions learned a lot more by being in that dogfight than they would have, had Gangi sat.

My only regret is Gangi was coached to trust his legs earlier in his career. He’d be a better, Rypien-esque, passer with the ability to move than what he was in September. He did well making the reads in the pocket, just didn’t know where to make the thows.

From what I saw, if Gangi was 100% he could have used his legs more.  IMO that's the key reason you lost.        

6 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Nevada's two turnovers probably resulted in a 21 point swing, so that was huge.  One more Boise turnover may have made the difference in a 4 point game though.

Our turnovers were killers.  Definitely a 21 point swing, possibly a 28 point swing.  

18 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Needs sit his kid like Hawkins did when Cody was a senior.

image.png.46a231932635b67941d08ce473e5fd0d.png

8.3 yards per attempt vs. 6.0 yards per attempt.

Yeah, Richardson should be starting if it's between him and the coach's son.  Neither of those two are the best on the roster though.  We have 2 more who show a lot of promise, but they're frosh and we appear to have abandoned developing them.

18 hours ago, RenoRedskin said:

I saw the vandal backup in a highlight he looked kinda fat to be a quarterback. Kinda sad Idaho State has passed you. 

Thanks, but it's ok - the pain is salved by the knowledge that Idaho is the premier public university in the state by an enormous margin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1