mysfit

Hurricane Michael

4 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Florida is going to get walloped.

Cat4 with a clear eye. Sucker moved fast.

It isn't just Florida that's going to get hammered, Georgia, South Carolina, and even up here in North Carolina are going to take a huge hit, and the Carolinas are barely starting to get through the mess that Florence left us. This thing is still intensifying, and could end up as a borderline Cat 4 by the time it makes landfall, and is still likely to be a strong tropical storm when gets to me here in the Raleigh area. It's practically the opposite of Florence, super fast moving, and it's going to hit land with a fury. 

ovGfm4m.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

@DestinFlPackfan I hope you've already gotten out, or are doing so shortly... this thing could get really, really bad.

1D3xK86.png

We are still on the west side. No tidal surge but going to be hellacious winds. We are packing up now to probably move to where my wife works(her GM and a number of co-workers are already there ).  It's a newer building  ( hurricane rated for everything ) versus staying in our condo. The condo is an older building. 

4 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

We are still on the west side. No tidal surge but going to be hellacious winds. We are packing up now to probably move to where my wife works(her GM and a number of co-workers are already there ).  It's a newer building  ( hurricane rated for everything ) versus staying in our condo. The condo is an older building. 

Glad to hear it... stay safe!

Just now, mysfit said:

Faster moving would be better. Less time to accumulate rain. Still going to be a beast.

Yep, I want it to get through as quickly as possible... that being said, they're projecting 4-8" of rain for me, and even more for the areas south that were killed by Florence.

10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, I want it to get through as quickly as possible... that being said, they're projecting 4-8" of rain for me, and even more for the areas south that were killed by Florence.

Geezus, you got drenched with the last one.  How much rain did you end up getting? 

Here's hoping it passes over fast so flooding is at a minimum.  Stay safe, Retro!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

Geezus, you got drenched with the last one.  How much rain did you end up getting? 

Here's hoping it passes over fast so flooding is at a minimum.  Stay safe, Retro!

We got about 10" in the area around my house, which was one of the higher totals for the area. Fortunately this thing is supposed to move through really quickly, unlike Florence who tried to pull a Harvey and hang around for as long as she could. The worst that's likely to happen to me are power outages from wind, depending on how strong it is by the time it gets here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Stay safe brother, I know first hand what hurricanes do to Santa Rosa Island. I was stationed at Eglin during a couple smaller ones.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.