kalua pig

hawaii @ byu

I thought I saw that cougarboard poll too. Maybe it was a discussion and not a poll but there were several posters agreeing 

But now as I Google, this is all I can find

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=20585010

I saw a few other comments like that scattered aboot. No poll, tho. If there was one, I missed it. Which is easy for me to do as I don't spend a lot of time on cougarboard 

38 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Utards, right?...  Utah is truly an odd State, full of odd people.

Very strange dynamic with the people there.

I did not see one black fan when they scanned the crowd a few times. Serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Warbow said:

I did not see one black fan when they scanned the crowd a few times. Serious.

Not very many black folks in Utah.   Just white folks and Polys who moved from Hawaii to Utah.

If you want a "whiter" crowd than even Utah, you gotta look at Idaho or Wyoming.  (you'll need to squint from the sun glaring off the crowd).

On 10/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, 415hawaiiboy said:

During the game, ESPN showed the BYU paleontology Museum with dinosaur bones.  Doesn’t BYU believe in Creationism?  Just curious.

obviously a little butt hurt and seeking counseling 

seeing your team lose to a team that has a lot of Polys that should be playing for your school, fans doing the Shaka (not correctly) and smiling/happy.  Raised my blood pressure a bit.  I’m all for spreading culture but would have been better seeing sad BYU fans.

Focus on next week! 

Their position has evolved over the years. When I was a kid, we were taught that when god created the earth, that he grabbed big handfuls of othe planets. And that is where the fossils came from. Or that he may have been practicing or experimenting prior to the final creation.

The latest explanation I’ve heard is that all life except humans came about through evolution, but humans were created as told in the Bible book of Genesis.

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Their position has evolved over the years. When I was a kid, we were taught that when god created the earth, that he grabbed big handfuls of othe planets. And that is where the fossils came from. Or that he may have been practicing or experimenting prior to the final creation.

The latest explanation I’ve heard is that all life except humans came about through evolution, but humans were created as told in the Bible book of Genesis.

Jack's Sunday School teacher in Logan, Utah.

23 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

humans are aliens.if the earth had no humans,it would be the most beautiful place ever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackmormon said:

I would seriously like two know if any of you folks who are associated with the church have ever heard either of these tall tales? 

4 hours ago, pacougar said:

I would seriously like two know if any of you folks who are associated with the church have ever heard either of these tall tales? 

You've really never heard the second one? It's clearly not the official position of the church, but I've heard that explanation from many people in many different situations as a possible way to reconcile the abundant scientific evidence for evolution with the creation account in Genesis. B.H. Roberts, to name one LDS authority, speculated along these lines, although to my knowledge it was never published in any official church publication. I've never heard the first one, though.

10 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

You've really never heard the second one? It's clearly not the official position of the church, but I've heard that explanation from many people in many different situations as a possible way to reconcile the abundant scientific evidence for evolution with the creation account in Genesis. B.H. Roberts, to name one LDS authority, speculated along these lines, although to my knowledge it was never published in any official church publication. I've never heard the first one, though.

No,  66 years of going to church pretty much every week, two missions, lots of meetings, never heard it.

20 hours ago, pacougar said:

Show me the poll.  Show me one quote that says BYU would have beaten USU with Wilson.  Show me one quote that says BYU will now beat Utah because of Wilson.  It may be there, but I do read Cougaboard some and I haven't seen it.  

Saw this posted elsewhere, in poll around half think BYU beats USU with Wilson. Not going to wade through that cesspool for quotes, but I am sure they are there.

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=20587485

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

3 minutes ago, Mano said:

Saw this posted elsewhere, in poll around half think BYU beats USU with Wilson. Not going to wade through that cesspool for quotes, but I am sure they are there.

hey you found it!  i gave up after a few minutes searching on my phone

5 hours ago, pacougar said:

my dad and i talked about evolution when i was a younger.  he offered the "combination from previous creations" explanation among many "i don't know why we have a fossil record if you take the bible literally about creation"

i don't recall hearing it broadcast as a repetitive thing taught from manuals every time the subject came up in sunday school.  i certainly haven't heard it for many many years.

also -- i get really annoyed at the conflation between the church and BYU.  i belong, quite happily i might add, to the one and i want absolutely nothing to do with the other.  not intending any harm to good lads who are fans of byu, but i've had a few interactions with byu fans at the games i've gone to that i'm not interested in positive affiliation.  it's a good school that has quality education, and i've got nothing against it.  i just ...  like being far away from it.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Mano said:

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

hey you found it!  i gave up after a few minutes searching on my phone

To be fair, Cougarboard is not just BYU fans.   

Cougarboard is the largest single gathering of Utah Utes and USU Aggies fans on the internet.   So take any "poll" with a grain of salt.   

It's shocking how many hundreds of Utah and USU fans there are on a BYU fan site.   (but then again....not really, I guess).   

I guess if you take a look at USUfans or Utefans, half of the posts are about BYU, so some just save time, and create a Cougarboard account so that they can keep informed of the latest news and closely monitor the BYU fans' opinions.  

There is even one Utah Ute poster named "Scratch" that requests copies of BYU's football contracts.   It's a hoot.

13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

To be fair, Cougarboard is not just BYU fans.   

Cougarboard is the largest single gathering of Utah Utes and USU Aggies fans on the internet.   So take any "poll" with a grain of salt.   

It's shocking how many hundreds of Utah and USU fans there are on a BYU fan site.   (but then again....not really, I guess).   

I guess if you take a look at USUfans or Utefans, half of the posts are about BYU, so some just save time, and create a Cougarboard account so that they can keep informed of the latest news and monitor the BYU fans' opinions.

There is even one Utah Ute poster named "Scratch" that requests copies of BYU's football contracts.   It's a hoot.

its more of an LDS board than it is a sports board. 

I think I only have 91 years left on my 99 year ban from that place

• Haha 1