kalua pig

hawaii @ byu

23 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

During the game, ESPN showed the BYU paleontology Museum with dinosaur bones.  Doesn’t BYU believe in Creationism?  Just curious.

obviously a little butt hurt and seeking counseling 

seeing your team lose to a team that has a lot of Polys that should be playing for your school, fans doing the Shaka (not correctly) and smiling/happy.  Raised my blood pressure a bit.  I’m all for spreading culture but would have been better seeing sad BYU fans.

Focus on next week! 

Great thoughts. Hawaii is how a true rival acts. I enjoyed the payback. You have destroyed our magic seasons too many times. It was fun to see your magical season destroyed by us.

• Like 1

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Guest #1Stunner
30 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

During the game, ESPN showed the BYU paleontology Museum with dinosaur bones.  Doesn’t BYU believe in Creationism?  Just curious.

seeing your team lose to a team that has a lot of Polys that should be playing for your school, fans doing the Shaka (not correctly) and smiling/happy.  Raised my blood pressure a bit.  I’m all for spreading culture but would have been better seeing sad BYU fans.

Focus on next week! 

BYU / the Church believe that God created the earth.  But believe in Science, and don't think the two views conflict.

BYU frequently does a conference celebrating Charles Darwin.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705283817/BYU-celebrates-Darwin-with-week-of-lectures.html

The Shaka sign BYU fans do is actually supposed to be a sign language "Y" and was Kalani Sitake's idea.  They also claim that the Shaka was invented in Laie.

BYU-hand-sign.jpg

1 hour ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Can anyone tell me when BYU fans adopted the Shaka?  Is it since there are a lot of Polynesian players?

I think it was this week. After the destruction of Hawaii.

Guest #1Stunner
38 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Focus on next week! 

5 minutes ago, robe said:

Great thoughts. Hawaii is how a true rival acts. I enjoyed the payback. You have destroyed our magic seasons too many times. It was fun to see your magical season destroyed by us.

I'd love to play an annual BYU vs Hawaii football, basketball, and volleyball (men's and women's) game.

BYU got the upper hand last night.  But Hawaii wins a lot too.

It's a fun rivalry.

20 hours ago, utenation said:

It’s just too bad BYU is only the 4th or 5th best team in the state.

That's all Mangum's fault. According to Cougarboard, BYU would have demolished USU if Wilson had started. And they're going to beat Utah easily. (I thought people on the USU board were exaggerating, but apparently there actually was a poll on Cougarboard saying that BYU would have beaten USU if Wilson had started. And that they expect to beat Utah now. I don't normally read Cougarboard, but I might be tempted to go there to see the meltdown when Wilson finally loses a game.)

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
28 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

That's all Mangum's fault. According to Cougarboard, BYU would have demolished USU if Wilson had started. And they're going to beat Utah easily. (I thought people on the USU board were exaggerating, but apparently there actually was a poll on Cougarboard saying that BYU would have beaten USU if Wilson had started. And that they expect to beat Utah now. I don't normally read Cougarboard, but I might be tempted to go there to see the meltdown when Wilson finally loses a game.)

knowseverything-but-doesnt-understand-sa

1 hour ago, StanfordAggie said:

Yeah. I heard the same thing about Jake Heaps and others. When you haven’t beat a team in a decade, you will reach for anything that moves. It’s pretty clear to me that USU is well beyond BYU as well.

USU should expect some kind of political driven audit from the BYU ilk up on the Hill. If they can’t beat you in sports, they will get dirty in politics.

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I'd love to play an annual BYU vs Hawaii football, basketball, and volleyball (men's and women's) game.

BYU got the upper hand last night.  But Hawaii wins a lot too.

It's a fun rivalry.

Hawaii should really petition the MWC to make it the rivalry week game.  Supposedly it was about to happen right before Hawaii joined the MWC.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Hawaii should really petition the MWC to make it the rivalry week game.  Supposedly it was about to happen right before Hawaii joined the MWC.

Not a bad idea.  I'm for sure in favor of BYU and Hawaii scheduling each other every year.   Hawaii is a great school with great fans.

Problem now is that BYU has already scheduled out rivalry weekend for a lot of future years.   But I'd bet that BYU would be in favor of scheduling Hawaii on rivalry weekend whenever possible.  I could see a different MWC school wanting to play an OOC opponent on rivalry weekend as well (UNM vs NMSU or AFA vs ARMY), so I'm thinking it would be manageable.

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

I love the idea. We don't play until 2024. Thanks to Chow. 

BYU's rivals

Utah 1st game

USU conference weekend

BSU Oct

Hawaii rivalry week. 

We should play these teams every year.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Yeah. I heard the same thing about Jake Heaps and others. When you haven’t beat a team in a decade, you will reach for anything that moves. It’s pretty clear to me that USU is well beyond BYU as well.

USU should expect some kind of political driven audit from the BYU ilk up on the Hill. If they can’t beat you in sports, they will get dirty in politics.

LOL. This guy is gold.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Not a bad idea.  I'm for sure in favor of BYU and Hawaii scheduling each other every year.   Hawaii is a great school with great fans.

Problem now is that BYU has already scheduled out rivalry weekend for a lot of future years.   But I'd bet that BYU would be in favor of scheduling Hawaii on rivalry weekend whenever possible.  I could see a different MWC school wanting to play an OOC opponent on rivalry weekend as well (UNM vs NMSU or AFA vs ARMY), so I'm thinking it would be manageable.

I think we have Standford/USC for the next 4. That was a sweet deal Tom set up.

3 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

Didn't they say the same thing about Critchlow last year as well. Maybe that was just Jack B. Those guys are loons. USU, I hate to admit is damn good. BS that you don't play Utah each year.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, robe said:

I think we have Standford/USC for the next 4. That was a sweet deal Tom set up.

I'm in favor of Tom moving already scheduled games to future seasons so we can make room to play Hawaii.

We are pretty booked.  But we need to make Hawaii a priority.   

2019: 6 Home, 6 Road
Aug 29 – UTAH
Sept 7 – @ Tennessee
Sept 14 – SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Sept 21 – WASHINGTON
Sept 28 – @ Toledo
Oct 12 – @ South Florida
Oct 19 – BOISE STATE
Nov 2 – @ Utah State
Nov 9 – LIBERTY
Nov 16 – IDAHO STATE
Nov 23 – @ UMass (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA)
Nov 30 – @ San Diego State
Hawai'i Bowl vs American

2020: 6 Home, 6 Road
Sept 3 – @ Utah
Sept 12 – MICHIGAN STATE
Sept 19 – @ Arizona State
Sept 26 – @ Minnesota
Oct 2 – UTAH STATE

Oct 10 – MISSOURI

Oct 17 – HOUSTON
Oct 24 – @ Northern Illinois
Nov 7 – @ Boise State
Nov 14 – SAN DIEGO STATE

Nov 21 – NORTH ALABAMA

Nov 28 – @ Stanford

Bowl TBD

2021: 5 Home, 5 Road, 1 Neutral
Sept 2 – Arizona (Las Vegas)
Sept 11 – UTAH
Sept 18 – ARIZONA STATE
Sept 24 – SOUTH FLORIDA

Oct 1 – @ Utah State
Oct 9 – BOISE STATE

Oct 16 – @ Baylor

Oct 23 – @ Washington State
Oct 30 – VIRGINIA
Nov 20 – @ Georgia Southern
Nov 27 – @ Southern California

2022: 4 Home, 5 Road
Sept 3 – @ Utah

Sept 10 – BAYLOR
Sept 17 – @ Oregon

Sept 24 – WYOMING

Sept 30 – UTAH STATE
Oct 8 – @ Boise State
Oct 22 – @ Liberty

Nov 19 – EAST CAROLINA
Nov 26 – @ Stanford

2023: 4 Home, 3 Road
Sept 2 – TENNESSEE
Sept 9 – @ Virginia
Oct 7 – @ Houston
Oct 14 – BOISE STATE

Nov 4 – UNLV

Nov 25 – @ Southern California
Date TBA – STANFORD (originally announced for 9/2)

2024: 2 Home, 4 Road
Sept 14 – HAWAI'I

Sept 28 – @ Wyoming
Oct 12 – GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Oct 19 – @ East Carolina

Nov 2 – @ UNLV

Nov 9 – @ North Carolina State

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, robe said:

Didn't they say the same thing about Critchlow last year as well. Maybe that was just Jack B. Those guys are loons. USU, I hate to admit is damn good. BS that you don't play Utah each year.

Who do you think has the better team this year, USU or UTAH?

Maybe the two will play each other in the Las Vegas Bowl.

23 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Not really we have a lot of gay's and people who believe in evolution. It's a pretty big tent. A lot of Democrats too. 

14 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who do you think has the better team this year, USU or UTAH?

Maybe the two will play each other in the Las Vegas Bowl.

It would be close. Right now my vote is USU.

33 minutes ago, robe said:

BYU's rivals

Utah 1st game

USU conference weekend

Hmm, according to the book, Neither Utah or USU qualify as BYU's rival. Both series have gotten out of hand and aren't competitive anymore.

VERB
rivals (third person present) · rivalled (past tense) · rivalled (past participle) · rivalling (present participle) · rivaled (past tense) · rivaled (past participle) · rivaling (present participle)
  1. be or seem to be equal or comparable to.

synonyms:
    compete with · vie with · match · be a match for · equal · emulate ·

measure up to · come up to · compare with · bear comparison with · be comparable to/with · parallel · be in the same league as · be in the same category as · be on a par with · be on a level with · touch · keep pace with · keep up with · challenge · hold a candle to

BYU is the Baby Huey of the State of Utah..

Image result for Baby huey