kalua pig

hawaii @ byu

23 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Too bad the bows O didn’t show up until after halftime. Too many miscues, otherwise this would’ve been a different game.

Says the fan of every team ever that gets beat.  SMH

Good game Hawaii.  Best of luck going forward.

31 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Too bad the bows O didn’t show up until after halftime. Too many miscues, otherwise this would’ve been a different game.

We were terrible in every phase of the game.  I wasn’t expecting a win but I was expecting UH to be competitive.  We took a huge step backward in Provo tonight.  Rolo has a hell of a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

Don’t consider myself a ‘fan’ of UH, but it’s obvious this offense seems to have lost a step or two from where they were last month. Did Army and Duquesne give everyone the blueprint on how to slow it down? Challenging stretch of games coming up for the bows. I see one W, maybe two, in the next three.

• Like 1

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

Good win for BYU for sure. Hawaii is by far the worst defense we have faced and it's a huge gap. Before Hawaii, 5 P5 teams and McNeese st who probably could give Hawaii a run for its money and a potential NY6 team in USU. Wilson was great. But let's be honest Hawaii wasn't good. We were the best team they have faced.

What tonight tells me. Ease up on the schedule a bit. Play 5 MWC teams a year I would even be fine with 6. MWC bends over backwards to play us. Not sure why Tom has decided to not play many of these games any more. I suppose he thinks we habe moved on. Tom we need these ego boost games for the program, throw them a bone a play a couple more a year.

Independence has created a huge gap in talent over MWC schools. Very obvious tonight. USU is having the greatest season in its history. So I don't take much into that game. 

• Haha 1

The Masters 5k road race All American.

I hadn't seen Hawaii play before this game, but I can't help but wondering about Cole's health.  He threw a lot of balls that didn't look like that well-thrown.  BYU did get pressure better than any other game so far this year, but even when he didn't seem to be under much duress, there were still several head-scratching passes.  Is he usually more accurate than that, or was it pretty much his par?

I had hoped the offense would play like this.  The O-line created plenty of holes for each of the running backs and also provided pretty good protection for the passing game.  That took the pressure off the true freshman.  Generally, he threw on time, with accuracy, to the right guy.  Very encouraging.  He did make some mistakes.  He should have been picked off on the play before he was picked off.  Also, when he rolled away from pressure, he lost yards going out of bounds instead of just throwing the ball away - mostly on 3rd downs, though, so it didn't seem to affect the team's ability to convert first downs.

Overall, I was very pleased by this game.  Kind of wish I'd made it down to this one instead of last week's game.

3 hours ago, robe said:

Good win for BYU for sure. Hawaii is by far the worst defense we have faced and it's a huge gap. Before Hawaii, 5 P5 teams and McNeese st who probably could give Hawaii a run for its money and a potential NY6 team in USU. Wilson was great. But let's be honest Hawaii wasn't good. We were the best team they have faced.

What tonight tells me. Ease up on the schedule a bit. Play 5 MWC teams a year I would even be fine with 6. MWC bends over backwards to play us. Not sure why Tom has decided to not play many of these games any more. I suppose he thinks we habe moved on. Tom we need these ego boost games for the program, throw them a bone a play a couple more a year.

Independence has created a huge gap in talent over MWC schools. Very obvious tonight. USU is having the greatest season in its history. So I don't take much into that game. 

It’s just too bad BYU is only the 4th or 5th best team in the state.

During the game, ESPN showed the BYU paleontology Museum with dinosaur bones.  Doesn’t BYU believe in Creationism?  Just curious.

obviously a little butt hurt and seeking counseling 

seeing your team lose to a team that has a lot of Polys that should be playing for your school, fans doing the Shaka (not correctly) and smiling/happy.  Raised my blood pressure a bit.  I’m all for spreading culture but would have been better seeing sad BYU fans.

Focus on next week! 

• Like 1