Guest #1Stunner

Latest Bowl Projections

Guest #1Stunner

This comes from our friends at ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24922695/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6

USU - Potato or New Mexico

Nevada - New Mexico

Boise - Las Vegas or Potato

Fresneck - Las Vegas or Cheez-it 

SDSU - Arizona or Armed Forces

Hawaii - Hawaii or Hawaii (projected there by both analysts)

AFA - Arizona

*BYU - Frisco or First Responder (shared for the USU fans and other affiliated fans of BYU).

Boneheadgura says this about the Armed Forces Bowl: San Diego State vs. Army

As if he actually thinks the two schools would play each other for a second consecutive year in the same GD bowl game.

Of course, playing Coastal Carolina with its great bowl history would be just as bad.

Gawd how I hate Craig Thompson.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, RamSack said:

CSU will be in a bowl.

I hope you are right, but I think it's a toss-up at this point.

Here's the most like senerio for us to go 6-6 & get bowl eligible:

====I   WINS:   I====

New Méx (home)

wyo (home)

Northern Nevada (away)

USAFA (away)

====I   LOSES:   I====

Boise CC (away)

Utah St (home)

I hate to say it, but those four-wins I listed above are a tall order given what's gone on so far this season.

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

19 minutes ago, RamSack said:

CSU will be in a bowl.

6 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I hope you are right, but I think it's a toss-up at this point.

Here's the most like senerio for us to go 6-6 & get bowl eligible:

====I   WINS:   I====

New Méx (home)

wyo (home)

Northern Nevada (away)

USAFA (away)

====I   LOSES:   I====

Boise CC (away)

Utah St (home)

I hate to say it, but those four-wins I listed above are a tall order given what's gone on so far this season.

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

i think he meant the toilet 

• Haha 2

Hopefully SDSU, Fresno, or USU run the table and have SOS to make an argument that they should be considered for NY6...if UCF loses things get dicey for AAC whose other undefeated teams have charmin soft schedules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kallaway said:

i think he meant the toilet 

No! No! No!!!!!  Boise state gets the Toilet Bowl this year!!!  We deserve it AND it's in our term sheet!!!!

• Haha 1

down in a hole.jpg

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

SBNation

Boise - Potato Bowl vs. NIU
Fresno - Redbox vs. USC
Hawai'i - Hawai'i vs. Southern Miss
SDSU - New Mexico vs. UAB
Utah State - Las Vegas vs. Stanford
Wyoming - Arizona vs. Coastal Carolina

don't kill me for this but no, no thank you on USC.  Not in the mood to watch this team scratch their way to a 3rd quarter lead only for USC to just blue-chip their way out of it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

don't kill me for this but no, no thank you on USC.  Not in the mood to watch this team scratch their way to a 3rd quarter lead only for USC to just blue-chip their way out of it.  

Imo, MW schools should try and not schedule USC, Oregon, or UW. Could be wrong but I think these are the only PAC programs that won’t give MW schools home n home matchups. It won’t hurt those programs but not allowing them to play us only at home, and further distort perceptions, is in the conf best interest.

• Like 1

Just now, AztecSU said:

Imo, MW schools should try and not schedule USC, Oregon, or UW. Could be wrong but I think these are the only PAC programs that won’t give MW schools home n home matchups. It won’t hurt those programs but not allowing them to play us only at home, and further distort perceptions, is in the conf best interest.

Boise is 5-2 vs. those teams. Has a 2 for 1 series with Oregon in the mid 2020s and a 1-1 vs. Oregon State in 2022-23.

I wish we could schedule USC/Cal/UCLA/Stanford even if it were a 2 for 1 series.  

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise is 5-2 vs. those teams. Has a 2 for 1 series with Oregon in the mid 2020s and a 1-1 vs. Oregon State in 2022-23.

I wish we could schedule USC/Cal/UCLA/Stanford even if it were a 2 for 1 series.  

We have HnH's with all those CA teams except U$C. 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yes, but SDSU has fertile recruiting grounds where they would all like to increase their presence. I doubt those teams would ever schedule a HnH in Idaho.

Nah, cali schools have plenty of access to in-state recruits. If I'm honest it might be that we were not a threat when those games were scheduled and they didn't have to pay for a home game. We'll see what happens as we go forward after sweeping ASU and splitting with Cal and Stanford...perhaps we'll start getting the Boise treatment which will mean fewer PAC schools give a us a HnH.

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

Memphis vs Hawai'i in the Hawai'i Bowl would be a really fun game IMHO...great trip for our coaches/kids/band too...too bad we don't have that bowl this season :-/

We don’t want you guys. But we do want UCF here at Aloha so we can show the world what a farce the AAC is.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

We don’t want you guys. But we do want UCF here at Aloha so we can show the world what a farce the AAC is.

UCF has far higher goals IMHO but I do wish they had managed to work out their off weeks with Nebraska so they could show they world what a farce Scott Frost's new team is :-)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

17 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yes, but SDSU has fertile recruiting grounds where they would all like to increase their presence. I doubt those teams would ever schedule a HnH in Idaho.

Wait! I thought the party line on this board was that SDSU will never get invited to join the Pac because the Pac already owns all of Southern California! :)

Boom goes the dynamite.