Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Nikki Haley resigns as UN Ambassador

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Damn, I thought you were serious about having some deep intellectual political conversation!

Image result for not sure if serious

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

That's how I am reading it too. 

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

You think Trump is going to move on?  You thinking with your heart instead of your head man!

Let's bookmark this and revisit in a year.

110926run_defense710.jpg

She had this planned a long time ago, and I think her strategy all along has been to build a portfolio of experience that a great presidential candidate would have and could win with.........not to mention the experience being useful as president. 

I’m sure she has some smart folks advising her on her next move. I doubt she knows exactly what she’ll be doing next. If she does have some debt to get rid of, she could work in the private sector for 2 more years in a helpful area of experience , and then if Trump wins, sign on as Sec of State, VP or ????  and do that job for 2 years, and then move to another. Who knows!!!!!!!!  But I do think her strategy is to become well rounded in experience for a 2024 prez run. And she’ll be my first choice. Don Jr. will run against her and she’ll woop his ass.

That would be fvcking hilarious if both Trump boys, Ivanka and her hubby ran for prez against each other in 2024. It would be even funnier if they did it in 2020 as Independents 😂😂😂

kat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

She had this planned a long time ago, and I think her strategy all along has been to build a portfolio of experience that a great presidential candidate would have and could win with.........not to mention the experience being useful as president. 

I’m sure she has some smart folks advising her on her next move. I doubt she knows exactly what she’ll be doing next. If she does have some debt to get rid of, she could work in the private sector for 2 more years in a helpful area of experience , and then if Trump wins, sign on as Sec of State, VP or ????  and do that job for 2 years, and then move to another. Who knows!!!!!!!!  But I do think her strategy is to become well rounded in experience for a 2024 prez run. And she’ll be my first choice. Don Jr. will run against her and she’ll woop his ass.

That would be fvcking hilarious if both Trump boys, Ivanka and her hubby ran for prez against each other in 2024. It would be even funnier if they did it in 2020 as Independents 😂😂😂

Think you’re right about 2024 being the target. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

trump fires Sessions................trump names Lesley Graham to be new AG................gov of South Carolina appoints Nikki Hailey to fill Grahams US Senate seat 

This is a definite possibility. 

NPR did a bit which on the resignation which discussed her financial disclosures (remember those?). She is apparently has a monster mortgage and listed $1.8M in debt. The UN Ambassador job only pays $180k/yr. NPR theorized that, in addition to whatever future political ambitions she has, she simply wanted to spend a few years in the private sector to make some serious money. They also noted, while it may be a coincidence, that her resignation letter was dated the day that Trump went off on Ford at the rally. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

24 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

NPR did a bit which on the resignation which discussed her financial disclosures (remember those?). She is apparently has a monster mortgage and listed $1.8M in debt. The UN Ambassador job only pays $180k/yr. NPR theorized that, in addition to whatever future political ambitions she has, she simply wanted to spend a few years in the private sector to make some serious money. They also noted, while it may be a coincidence, that her resignation letter was dated the day that Trump went off on Ford at the rally. 

well thats odd isn't it? 

Susan RIce net worth doubled when she was UN Ambassador!  And her net worth is $30M.   Haley must not be doing it right. 

41 minutes ago, pokerider said:

well thats odd isn't it? 

Susan RIce net worth doubled when she was UN Ambassador!  And her net worth is $30M.   Haley must not be doing it right. 

Democrats much better at business than Republicans, I totally agree

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

58 minutes ago, pokerider said:

well thats odd isn't it? 

Made me look up Susan Rice. Wow, pretty impressive woman!

Not surprised that her net worth could double when she was the UN Ambassador considering she already had money from her years in consulting, and as a senior at the Brooking Institution, and as the wife of an ABC executive. These facts when combined with the fact that on Dec 1 2008, when she was nominated for the UN position the stock market had recently crashed and was just over 8000, by the time she left the UN, the market had almost doubled and was above 15,000.