UNLV2001

UNLV at Utah State

All this praise for the Aggies makes me nervous.  Last time they got this much pub we had blown out Boise in Rypian;s Freshman year.  That team had 5 guys playing on D who were eventually drafted or made NFL squads or practice squads, yet they one game the rest of the year.  

UNLV could be a dangerous letdown.  I think this is a squad with a young coach who has gotten his act together a bit and an experienced group who won't let up.  The biggest difference is Jordan Love.  He is as cool as a cat at the QB position as I have ever seen from a sophomore and seems to be more in control every game.  

Jury is still out but I got a feeling this USU team may be special.   I''ve probably jinxed them though saying that.  Like my infamous "roll Tennesee" comments the first year Chuckie was supposed to be recovered.   

12 hours ago, hickaggie said:

All this praise for the Aggies makes me nervous.  Last time they got this much pub we had blown out Boise in Rypian;s Freshman year.  That team had 5 guys playing on D who were eventually drafted or made NFL squads or practice squads, yet they one game the rest of the year.  

UNLV could be a dangerous letdown.  I think this is a squad with a young coach who has gotten his act together a bit and an experienced group who won't let up.  The biggest difference is Jordan Love.  He is as cool as a cat at the QB position as I have ever seen from a sophomore and seems to be more in control every game.  

Jury is still out but I got a feeling this USU team may be special.   I''ve probably jinxed them though saying that.  Like my infamous "roll Tennesee" comments the first year Chuckie was supposed to be recovered.   

There is a YUUUUUGE difference between this year and 2015.  First, after we shocked Boise in Logan (partly Boise doing), we got embarrassed in by SDSU.  HOWEVER, until that game SDSU was w/o some of their best players, AND that game was in SD.  We didn't exactly start out that year being great.  This is a different, our O and D are getting better every week.  That's scary to think about.  The players have one goal in mind, and that is to be MWC Champs.  They seem to know how to focus on those steps.  We shall see!  I don't see a "let down" game in our future.  Boise will be tough as nails no doubt.  If we win the Mnt. who ever we face (Fresno/SDSU) will be our toughest test to date IMHO.  

11 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

the 2015 usu team was mentally weak.  had absolutely no competitive grit.  i don't guarantee a win over UNLV but this year the team's in a different place mentally.

Pff isn't that the truth. 18 -22 year olds (no not YBU 34 year old Grandparents) whom struggle with focus. Feel the same about our (SDSU) game tonight, anything can happen.

I give UNLV little chance to win this game - For UNLV to have any shot, Gilliam needs to show something he didn't against UNM and the team as a whole needs to get their act together. That's a lot to ask of any UNLV team much less one coming off a loss like last week where all 'hope, confidence and promise" was shredded to the point the only people who think UNLV might have a chance to keep this game close are the UNLV players and coaches, the rest have been burned too often by the UNLV FB program to hang onto any faith and positive vibes after the debacle of last Saturday.

As to the 27 points - I'm thinking USU covers that number.........Aggies will want to load up offensively and UNLV's defense is porous at best and if UNLV can't manage some sort of offense to at least try to keep the pace on points (meaning give up 7 get 3 back or give up 14 get 7 back) this score could ballon quickly and UNLV could be buried by halftime.

This is one to tease USU down to 20 or stay away from as I don't trust UNLV...........last year UNLV went into Fresno with a backup QB and won 26-16 (Stanton much better than Gilliam) so the 27 is a big number to lay should UNLV be the "blind squirrel" team this week , and I'm not sure UNLV +34 on a teaser is enough either 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

I’m picking up on hints that we will see Oblad quite a bit in this game. 

Not that it will make a difference in the score,but I’d like to see what he can do, as a true freshman. 

This is not the game to bring him into.  They should have given him some minutes in the earlier games we won.  I would also like to see what he can do but, this game is not the right place or time.  That being said if Gilliam can't cut it then what other choice do we have.

• Like 1

Guest RoscoesDad

Playing Oblad in this game would be on the top of the dumbass list of things to do if you're Tony sanchez.  The kid shouldn;t see the field until the last 4 games of the year, to protect his FR status next year.  With all that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Oblad played.  I've lost faith in Sanchez on all levels, he is just a clown that talks big. Tony Sanchez will likely be whacking off to Cotton's rushing #s when he's like 70 and telling stories about how how dominant his 5-7 MWC program was during that time.  The stupid at UNLV just defies logic.