renoskier

MWC Early / Updated Lines...week 7

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

Air Force @ San Diego State (-10)

UNLV @ Utah State (-24.5)

New Mexico @ Colorado State (-1)

Army (-14) @ San Jose State

Hawaii @ BYU (-14.5) hello, did anyone see BYU  v USU?

Wyoming @ Fresno State (-20.5)

Boise State (-19.5) @ Nevada

5-0 Colorado @ USC (-7.5)  oops how this get in here?

I miss not getting the Vandal lines.  @VandalPride97 how are things going down there?   I didn’t think you could muster a top 3 finish in the big sky.   Was I wrong?   What’s the standings look like?  

11 hours ago, slappy said:

I miss not getting the Vandal lines.  @VandalPride97 how are things going down there?   I didn’t think you could muster a top 3 finish in the big sky.   Was I wrong?   What’s the standings look like?  

I'm in my own personal hell right now.  That's how things are going up here.  We damn well better beat Montana State or we're looking at a mutiny.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slappy said:

Was I wrong?   What’s the standings look like?  

No way the Vandals finish top 3.

Big Sky right now with FCS rankings:

EWU (#3) 5-1

Weber State (#13) 3-2

UC Davis (#19) 4-1

Montana (#23) 4-2

Idaho State (#27) - just beat Idaho by 34. 4-1

Montana State (#34) 3-2

The Vandals are 2-3 and the upcoming schedule features probable losses to MSU, EWU, UND (#31 FCS), UM, and Florida.  They should be favored against SUU at home.

So likely a 4-7 or 3-8 finish for the Vandals this year. 

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

I'm in my own personal hell right now.  That's how things are going up here.  We damn well better beat Montana State or we're looking at a mutiny.

Dang.  Might be better to get a coaching staff that can embrace the big sky.  The griz got beat last weekend as heavy favorites.  Wyoming lost to a bunch of skirts.  I hear you.  

44 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

No way the Vandals finish top 3.

Big Sky right now with FCS rankings:

EWU (#3) 5-1

Weber State (#13) 3-2

UC Davis (#19) 4-1

Montana (#23) 4-2

Idaho State (#27) - just beat Idaho by 34. 4-1

Montana State (#34) 3-2

The Vandals are 2-3 and the upcoming schedule features probable losses to MSU, EWU, UND (#31 FCS), UM, and Florida.  They should be favored against SUU at home.

So likely a 4-7 or 3-8 finish for the Vandals this year. 

Yeah I didn’t think they could.   The move down had to be really tough to recruit kids with.  Kind of caught between and I’m sure the coaching staff wasn’t super stoked.  I think I said 6 years or so and they would be fighting for a big sky championship.   Looks about right.  I am pulling for them to do well though.

28 minutes ago, slappy said:

Might be better to get a coaching staff that can embrace the big sky. 

Hawkins was the highest paid coach in the Big Sky in 2017 at $263k. 

Petrino has a base salary of $466k this season, so he is by far the highest paid coach in the conference (and maybe all of FCS?). 

NDSU coach makes $300k per year.

JMU coach makes $390 per year.

And those dudes have won national championships.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Hawkins was the highest paid coach in the Big Sky in 2017 at $263k. 

Petrino has a base salary of $466k this season, so he is by far the highest paid coach in the conference (and maybe all of FCS?). 

NDSU coach makes $300k per year.

JMU coach makes $390 per year.

And those dudes have won national championships.

I don’t think it is about the $.  There is a different status for coaches.  You could win the big sky 5 years in a row and maybe get a shot at our level.  And that would be with a rebuild at best.  I doubt the Idaho staff was excited to be where they are now.   It is a serious professional step backwards for all of them.  It is the best for the University ( long term ) but for the coaches...  maybe not.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, slappy said:

Yeah I didn’t think they could.   The move down had to be really tough to recruit kids with.  Kind of caught between and I’m sure the coaching staff wasn’t super stoked.  I think I said 6 years or so and they would be fighting for a big sky championship.   Looks about right.  I am pulling for them to do well though.

Idaho has some carryover from kids that they recruited at the FBS level and beat CSU in the HBowl so it’s a bit surprising they are doing so poorly. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fire Petrino after this year given his salary and how they are doing. 

All hope of carryover dominance vanished when we learned that we don't have a QB.  It's mid-season and we still don't have a damn starting QB for the love of god.  The entire team is fukking demoralized.  Richardson could develop and we have a couple others on the roster that would be fine if they had enough snaps to develop.  Instead, we have the coach's midget son robbing the others of practice snaps and game snaps.  There is zero chance of developing a decent QB without that experience.  If the coach's crotch fruit wants what is best for the team, he should tell his dad that he's tapping out.  Also, if you watched the game, you would see that ISU, despite being ISU, has a couple of extremely talented receivers and a fairly solid QB.  They won fair and square.  Hell, playing like that, ISU would probably violate the anii of many lower echelon G5 schools.  EWU is going to hang a hundy on us.  Shit, now you fukkers have made me want to start day drinking on a Tuesday...

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho has some carryover from kids that they recruited at the FBS level and beat CSU in the HBowl so it’s a bit surprising they are doing so poorly. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fire Petrino after this year given his salary and how they are doing. 

We gave him a hefty buyout after the HBowl.  Some heads better roll if we don't get our shit together.

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

There really isn't much drop-off from the Sun-Belt to the Big Sky.

Lots of parity in the Big Sky Conference.  

image.png.0250960e85a99f5f93c4293d03c3e4db.png

Bottom 6 of the Sun Belt are basically FCS bad.  

image.png.2264d86c60abbdda1c588ada870b66d4.png

They were doing a lot of scout team triple option on the bye week. I think Cedarious Barfi ld(scout QB) might be a hell of a wildcat QB if we let him has 58 TD's passes 8 ints and ran for 58 TDs.I saw him in High school.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I am surprised as well, thought Idaho would have a great season this year. Is the Big Sky on par with the Sunbelt or did they catch lightning in a bottle last year.

12 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I am surprised as well, thought Idaho would have a great season this year. Is the Big Sky on par with the Sunbelt or did they catch lightning in a bottle last year.

I think they're on par with a big chunk of the Sunbelt.  Sunbelt is more of a defense/running conference and Big Sky is all about air attack.  Maybe our D got used to Sunbelt style and are now getting burned by pass-happy big sky schools. 

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

Same defensive scheme. 

SDSU is like a beefed up version of a Pat Hill squad. Capable of rising to the occasion or flat-lining depending on how motivated the team is. I don't think SDSU was particularly motivated against Army after completing a 10-win season in which they collected multiple P5 scalps.