renoskier

MWC Early / Updated Lines...week 7

Air Force @ San Diego State (-10 / -10)

UNLV @ Utah State (-24.5 / -27) yikes!

New Mexico @ Colorado State (-1 / pk)

Army (-14 / -15) @ San Jose State

Hawaii @ BYU (-14.5 / -11) hello, did anyone see BYU  v USU?

Wyoming @ Fresno State (-20.5 / -18)

Boise State (-19.5 / -16.5) @ Nevada

5-0 Colorado @ USC (-7.5 / -7)  oops how this get in here?

16 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Boise State (-19.5) @ Nevada

I guess oddsmakers are assuming Gangi won't play because that line is really high. Oddly enough, I think Nevada matches up better against Boise than Fresno.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

40 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I guess oddsmakers are assuming Gangi won't play because that line is really high. Oddly enough, I think Nevada matches up better against Boise than Fresno.

Seemed high to me also.

Either early money hit the "low limit" lines or the "off shores" adjusted when the Nevada line services posted; line has already adjusted to -17.5.

For anybody considering laying some money on AF-SDSU, here's a tip.

SDSU has won the last 7 in the series. However, 4 of the 7 and each of the last 3 have been by 3-7 points

Although I haven't seen an over/under posted, you might also consider this. With two exceptions, over the last decade the total points have always been between 44 and 52.

There's no reason to think this year's game should be any different.

I thought the opening line would be SDSU -8 and suspect it will get bet down below -10 and I'm expecting the Aztecs to win by somewhere in the 24-21 to 28-22 range.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Scouts have been tough as of late (this year and previous). We, hate to say it, we are PRO's at the letdown after a nice Win. I think we will pull it off as our D is a beast and fast, if I was betting I would take the points all day.

50 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

For anybody considering laying some money on AF-SDSU, here's a tip.

SDSU has won the last 7 in the series. However, 4 of the 7 and each of the last 3 have been by 3-7 points

Although I haven't seen an over/under posted, you might also consider this. With two exceptions, over the last decade the total points have always been between 44 and 52.

There's no reason to think this year's game should be any different.

I thought the opening line would be SDSU -8 and suspect it will get bet down below -10 and I'm expecting the Aztecs to win by somewhere in the 24-21 to 28-22 range.

AF on a short week after a big win. Thank goodness it is at home,  Aztecs giving 10?  I'd take those points all day long! Its going to be a close one and I would not be surprised to see the Falcon's come away with a W.

10 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

It completely depends on if McDonald can play or not.

if he can’t play and we put Cordeiro out there again. It might turn ugly. He’s still pretty raw as the fill-in starter.

All you have to tell your QB against BYU is to just sit in the pocket until he finds a receiver that is too open to miss.  USU was too busy rushing all over them to really worry about that though.  BYU's season high is 30 points yet they are -14.5 against a really solid team has one of the best offenses in the country?  I don't care if you are not on your first string Q,  this spread looks like easy money.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sancarlosaztec said:

AF on a short week after a big win. Thank goodness it is at home,  Aztecs giving 10?  I'd take those points all day long! Its going to be a close one and I would not be surprised to see the Falcon's come away with a W.

Your run D is too good for that IMO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

It completely depends on if McDonald can play or not.

if he can’t play and we put Cordeiro out there again. It might turn ugly. He’s still pretty raw as the fill-in starter.

Agreed, and I expect Cordeiro to get the start if McDonald is anything less than 100%.  As multiple posters on the UH board have pointed out, it’s not a conference game and making sure McDonald is healthy and sharp for the stretch run in the division is more important than whatever happens in Provo.

43 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Agreed, and I expect Cordeiro to get the start if McDonald is anything less than 100%.  As multiple posters on the UH board have pointed out, it’s not a conference game and making sure McDonald is healthy and sharp for the stretch run in the division is more important than whatever happens in Provo.

This is reality for all MWC schools playing BYU. These games are more or less exhibition games played for nothing more than pride - they hold no importance to anyone other than BYU who is trying to fill out a schedule and get to 6 wins so they can make it to their per-determined bowl.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

This is reality for all MWC schools playing BYU. These games are more or less exhibition games played for nothing more than pride - they hold no importance to anyone other than BYU who is trying to fill out a schedule and get to 6 wins so they can make it to their per-determined bowl.

You say this as if you are trying to convince yourself...

But reality is that you post about BYU 10 times more than you do USU.   I thought you were a BYU fan for a while, giving your posting habits.

BYU seems to be extremely important and interesting to you.   Otherwise, I'm guessing you would rarely post about BYU...

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You say this as if you are trying to convince yourself...

But reality is that you post about 10 times more about BYU than you do USU.   I thought you were a BYU fan for a while, giving your posting habits.

BYU seems to be extremely important and interesting to you.   Otherwise, I'm guessing you would rarely post about BYU...

thatsbait123213-thumb-600x331-166729.gif

your chum game is as weak as your beloved team.

• Haha 2

BYU might - might - still be a more important commodity in the college sports world than any of the schools in the MWC. However, the sole reason is its value to ESPN and can there be any doubt THAT has fallen off considerably? Further, the gap between BYU and Boise and SDSU has narrowed markedly since the beginning of this decade and the inertia is that SDSU will catch YBU (spelling intentional) within a decade. I would say the same about Boise except its academics remain unacceptably lowly.

Of course, it's looking like if OU doesn't bail, the B12 may not add anybody not named UCF and either Memphis, Houston or USF so the issue of BYU's value may be moot.

Boom goes the dynamite.