calvegas04

OT- Anyone going to ND vs Navy in San Diego?

Guest elefish92

It may be common knowledge but San Diego is a huge military hub. Quite frankly, I think Navy may show up more than Notre Dame. Then again Notre Dame has more non-alumni fans than alumni fans so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It really sucks that Navy is in a down year.

14 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Any attendee who isn't currently in the Navy/a current ND student or isn't a Navy vet/ND grad should be shot.

Imagine a world without bandwagon people...such a fantasy. Notre Dame is the epitome of a bandwagon team.

15 minutes ago, elefish92 said:

It may be common knowledge but San Diego is a huge military hub. Quite frankly, I think Navy may show up more than Notre Dame. Then again Notre Dame has more non-alumni fans than alumni fans so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Imagine a world without bandwagon people...such a fantasy. Notre Dame is the epitome of a bandwagon team.

A decent contingent of military are ND fans, though they couldn't tell you what state ND is in.

• Like 1

Of course it’s gojng to be a zoo. It’s the region’s largest employer vs the biggest bandwagon fan base in the country. Don’t act like if this game was in your stadium it wouldn’t sell more tickets than your MWC team, cuz it definitely would.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badfish said:

Of course it’s gojng to be a zoo. It’s the region’s largest employer vs the biggest bandwagon fan base in the country. Don’t act like if this game was in your stadium it wouldn’t sell more tickets than your MWC team, cuz it definitely would.

How many military follow their branches team tho as majority of them did not go to the academy? And it is widely known ND has one of the largest fan bases in the country regardless of how well they are doing

6 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

How many military follow their branches team tho as majority of them did not go to the academy? And it is widely known ND has one of the largest fan bases in the country regardless of how well they are doing

Seems to be a sizable portion from my observations.  Even a few enlisted Marines cheered for them, though they typically wouldn't break plans to attend a random Navy game.  But with the opponent being ND, and SD County Navy and Marine bases promoting selling these tickets like crazy, I would venture to guess more than 70% of the active duty crowd at that game will be non-Academy.

Tickets aren't hard to come by. I got 4 for free, so I'm going. It should be fun. It would be better if Navy didn't suck so bad

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

Well if someone offers you a free box and your not interested, Id be happy to take if off your hands and take my family

Get it often as he is a fellow member of Rotary. Be in it Friday...

17 hours ago, elefish92 said:

This is the first ND team in quite awhile that can carry bandwagon fans imo.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

On 10/8/2018 at 9:46 AM, calvegas04 said:

Who is checking out this game? Will be the biggest game in SD for a long time

If this game were being played in the Bay Area, and SJSU were on the road, I’d definitely go. ND is my second favorite college team, and I’ve been fortunate enough to see them play at Stanford Stadium a couple of times. As someone raised around the USN, with family members making that their career, a cousin who is a graduate of the Naval Academy, and my own career supporting the USN, I also root for the Midshipmen. For me, attending the game would be a no-brainer.  

Champ Logo.jpg

16 hours ago, calvegas04 said:

Enlisted men and women generally don't care about the academy. But there are so many officers active and veteran in San Diego  the squiddlies will have a big rooting section