toonkee

Trump and the Victim Game

17 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Yes.  He cried and got what he wanted, which is about as prestigious a position in his field as you could fathom. There are millions of Americans who endure more for much less.

Why are you rationalizing this poor behavior by the dems?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, happycamper said:

Is it? Or did Convert just make a random off the wall take of a comment that discussed how idiotic the whole charade was?

I just don't know why he or you are making this a privilege issue.  Gawd man!

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I just don't know why he or you are making this a privilege issue.  Gawd man!

I don't know why he is either? I commented that the "victim" got the best job of any judge in the country, a lifetime goal of millions, and that the asshattery of the democrats and trump is a disaster and he thinks it is a comment on white male privilege because... probably because his brain doesn't work real well, but other than that, I have no idea. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

You always try to make the conversation about posters instead of the issue.

And two rights don't make a wrong.  You now shitty dems have nothing to do with Trump's tactics, but you are such a partisan that you must have tit for tat.  

Don't worry about it. He goes through stretches of role-playing. All that's missing is the gimp suit ... at least I hope that is missing. 

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Yeah, I get it. But @toonkee is not wrong. Do you when you thumb's up his attacks?

I like talking both posters and issues.  That is what I consider the culture of this message board to be.  I expect to be thumbed up and thumbed down, called an idiot and laughed at.  Gotta get vulnerable and jump into the ring.  I'm just having some fun.  Luv all of you

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 10:00 AM, happycamper said:

Most victimization ends in becoming one of the most powerful people in the world, at the height of their profession. 

Snarkiness aside, Trump is being a wrong asshole, and so were the democrats when they were attacking Kavanaugh. There's no single victim. 

Agreed.

Those who think Trump nominated two great Justices should consider this. I don't think either was a great choice simply because I believe them to be too conservative but I can easily understand many folks here disagreeing with me on that. However, one thing those folks may be overlooking is that Trump selected each from a list given him by the ultraconservative Freedom Foundation or whatever that tea party group is now called. In this horrible era of political polarization that is going to encourage the next Democrat president to solicit a list of potential Supreme Court nominees from some far-left group.

As a political moderate that stuff makes me very concerned for the political future of this country.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

Why are you rationalizing this poor behavior by the dems?

I didn't at all actually.  Using potential sexual assault claims in politics is disgusting, and I hope the Democrats lose voters because of it.  At the same time, it is disgusting to see accusers mocked and vilified, and it does set a bad tone.  Frankly, I don't know what is true, and I am not on the "believe women any and every time" train, but it is extremely poor form.

But even then, my comment was strictly on how "difficult" it was for him to now become a part of the most powerful judicial entities in the world.  People have to deal with more adversity for a lot less cushy job.  If you asked me if I would stand up and shed a couple tears and defend my honor for a dream job like that, I would do it in a heartbeat.  Especially if I were innocent.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agreed.

Those who think Trump nominated two great Justices should consider this. I don't think either was a great choice simply because I believe them to be too conservative but I can easily understand many folks here disagreeing with me on that. However, one thing those folks may be overlooking is that Trump selected each from a list given him by the ultraconservative Freedom Foundation or whatever that tea party group is now called. In this horrible era of political polarization that is going to encourage the next Democrat president to solicit a list of potential Supreme Court nominees from some far-left group.

As a political moderate that stuff makes me very concerned for the political future of this country.

I concur with your thoughts.  The pendulum is going to swing again and all those gloating now are going to be up in arms again thinking the world is ending.  Just like 8 years ago...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I like talking both posters and issues.  That is what I consider the culture of this message board to be.  I expect to be thumbed up and thumbed down, called an idiot and laughed at.  Gotta get vulnerable and jump into the ring.  I'm just having some fun.  Luv all of you

Me too. In the heat of an argument, shit flies around. I was a little nasty just last week to one of my favorite posters on this board. As long as it's in good humor and/or some modicum of respect, I always feel it's not a big deal. One thing to remember is none of us are a congressman, senator, the president, or a SC justice. We're just normal people living our lives, and we all come from a different place with different experiences.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I concur with your thoughts.  The pendulum is going to swing again and all those gloating now are going to be up in arms again thinking the world is ending.  Just like 8 years ago...

Kavanaugh is going to be calling “ball and strikes on those libtard cucks” for a generation. There are several of us here who think that’s a really great thing!

On 10/8/2018 at 11:14 AM, Akkula said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-brett-kavanaugh-yale-1st-in-class-2018-10

"Kavanaugh did not graduate at the top of his undergraduate class — he finished cum laude — somewhere among the second quarter of the class and below those who graduated magna cum laude and summa cum laude, which NPR's Nina Totenberg reported make up the top 22% of the class." 

But hey, there is also little difference between a small $1million loan, and a $400 million+ inheritance.  What matters is the main idea that he is really smart...details like he is #1 or #76 aren't important.  

Kavanaugh and Trump exemplify the white privilege that they are so scared to lose.  The road to success is paved so nicely for some, right? 

Yes, those wealthy whiteys need to be taken down no matter what!.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agreed.

I think you're wrong thinking that the only folks Trump considered were on the list from the Freedom Foundation.

4 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Kavanaugh is going to be calling “ball and strikes on those libtard cucks” for a generation. There are several of us here who think that’s a really great thing!

It was Roberts who first used that analogy, no? It's a bad one, frankly, and I was surprised when I heard Roberts say it.

Unlike Supreme Court justices, baseball umpires don't ever decide the propriety of the laws/rules set by MLB's "legislature," the owners; they merely enforce them.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

I think you're wrong thinking that the only folks Trump considered were on the list from the Freedom Foundation.

I certainly could be incorrect but what I heard was the Federal Society gave Trump a list of about two dozen recommended names and he chose from that list.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It was Roberts who first used that analogy, no? It's a bad one, frankly, and I was surprised when I heard Roberts say it.

Unlike Supreme Court justices, baseball umpires don't ever decide the propriety of the laws/rules set by the MLB's "legislature," the owners, they merely enforce them.

Actually that is all supreme court justices are supposed to do.  The supreme court is supposed to determine the constitutionality of legislation and administrative actions.   Calling balls and strikes is a very appropriate comparison.

The lefts perversion of the court since FDR.  Trying to use them as all three branches of government is something you have bought into I see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Actually that is all supreme court justices are supposed to do.  The supreme court is supposed to determine the constitutionality of legislation and administrative actions.   Calling balls and strikes is a very appropriate comparison.

The lefts perversion of the court since FDR.  Trying to use them as all three branches of government is something you have bought into I see.

To repeat, calling balls and strikes is simply enforcing the rules, it is not in any way determining their propriety.

As to your second paragraph, it has no relevance to the balls and strikes issue whatsoever.

Boom goes the dynamite.