Guest #1Stunner

BYU vs USU. That was an outrage!!!

15 hours ago, utenation said:

What? We’ve all been told for several years now that independence was the best thing that has happened to BYU? How dare you speak this nonsense. Do you even realize BYU has their own TV truck? And piles of cash from ESPN?

History has proven that independence is a slow death.  Championships, even in the "lowly" CUSA, mean something.  UCF, Houston, BSU, Hawaii, WMU, Northern Illinois, and before them Utah and TCU have done very well winning in a G5 conference.  Of course you know this. 

What I hope is that we do not fire Sitake.  That man is the best thing BYU football has going for it.  I hope they treat him like VTech did Beamer and give him all the time he needs. Sitake is the only coach I can think of that loves his school, loves his players, and can coach here at BYU.  The transition will take time but if we fire Sitake now cougars fans better get used to 30k crowds and good seasons of 6 wins. 

6 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

USU (byu* north) and Boise State (byu* northwest) would be your only yes votes...

Enjoy your extra hour on Sundays...

True.  However untrue is that BYU can't land in a conference.  I do believe the WAC and the CUSA would be open to membership. If it were the WAC New Mexico St is already a member and I think 6 schools are needed to form a conference.  (Don't care enough to look it up).  Maybe it can get UMass, Liberty as football only members and Idaho and some other "lucky" school to join them. 

If BYU had stayed, even if they couldn't compete, they still would have been in a conference with AFA, BSU, CSU, Wyo, UNM, SDSU, and UNLV.  I believe the WAC would still exist and that would actually have helped both conferences in the bowl situation and OOC scheduling.  Houston and SMU could have been the 9th and 10th team.  Or Fresno St and someone else.  But decisions are best made after drinks just ask TCU.  And apparently the BYU admin made a rash decision with out the alcohol.  We see that any rational decision that has huge ramifications must include alcohol.  Just ask Churchill and Roosevelt. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

All except the incredulity that USU won, yes

Byu fans, for the most part, are beside themselves that USU won 2 years in a row. And the only possible answer is that byu is lagging or failing. 

God forbid USU actually improve and get better. 

That is the rub. It’s a lot of “we suck” and not “hey usu is good” from many BYU fans I talk to. The new reality that USU can consistently field a competitive football team is hard to admit. 

• Like 3

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

It is quite unique from the Mormon perspective of BYU.  Most LDS college football fans I know are not BYU first fans.  In fact most of the 12 are not BYU football fans, so to think that the BOT are concerned with being last in the state is not something they care about.

Congrats to Utah St on the win.  They looked good and I hope you do well here on out.

16 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I would be incredibly shocked if that ever happened.

BYU has what it takes to succeed as far as facilities, national fanbase, and money to succeed. 

They just need a better Coach (imho) and staff across the board, and a different scheduling approach. Bronco Mendenhall is an odd duck, but he was a very successful coach there. BYU should join a Conference and keep looking at available Coaches. 

I also don't really think that The Church will pull the plug on BYU football in my lifetime (I was quasi-kidding!).  But with all that "money to succeed", why did they penny-pinch on the current coaching staff, especially that first group of Sitake's assistants?

Like I've heard from many BYU fans, it doesn't feel like The Church is fully financially committed to the success of its football program.  And in my opinion it shows the most in the recent coaching staff hires.

2 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

I also don't really think that The Church will pull the plug on BYU football in my lifetime (I was quasi-kidding!).  But with all that "money to succeed", why did they penny-pinch on the current coaching staff, especially that first group of Sitake's assistants?

Like I've heard from many BYU fans, it doesn't feel like The Church is fully financially committed to the success of its football program.  And in my opinion it shows the most in the recent coaching staff hires.

They can't be.  The church is not BYU.  Imagine all the Michigan, Florida St, Utah, Wyoming, etc fans that are LDS that would be disappointed if their tithing went to a football program they have no interest in, meanwhile they have to clean the chapels on a weekly basis.  Not happening.  The football and other sports programs have to fund themselves.  Otherwise it could also be a tax issue moving forward.  The church  will continue to advance and support education, and you will see their non bias attitude with education because they have donated to Utah, BYU, and I believe other Utah schools. 

Regardless of how bad BYU gets I will cheer them on.  Even if they end up in the Big Sky. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Good call-out, that's lazy posting on my part.

Should read "The LDS Church has all the money it could possibly take to make that program succeed". They just don't use it, yet. I think they would start plugging $$ into the Athletic Program before scuttling Football. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Guest #1Stunner

OK Aggie Brain Trust:

@LKGates  @ole blu dude  @TrueAg  

@madmartigan  @AndroidAggie  @hickaggie  @StanfordAggie   @USU78   

Who else am I missing???

The latest bowl projections are out:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24922695/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6

USU:  New Mexico or Potato

BYU:  First Responder (Cotton Bowl in Dallas) or Frisco (Frisco TX)

Screw that.   I want a rematch!  Last General Conference Eve was an outrage!!!

BYU better get to play USU in the Potato Bowl or I'm gonna raise hell!!!!!   Send BYU and USU to the Potato now!

8 hours ago, suralexander said:

True.  However untrue is that BYU can't land in a conference.  I do believe the WAC and the CUSA would be open to membership. If it were the WAC New Mexico St is already a member and I think 6 schools are needed to form a conference.  (Don't care enough to look it up).  Maybe it can get UMass, Liberty as football only members and Idaho and some other "lucky" school to join them. 

If BYU had stayed, even if they couldn't compete, they still would have been in a conference with AFA, BSU, CSU, Wyo, UNM, SDSU, and UNLV.  I believe the WAC would still exist and that would actually have helped both conferences in the bowl situation and OOC scheduling.  Houston and SMU could have been the 9th and 10th team.  Or Fresno St and someone else.  But decisions are best made after drinks just ask TCU.  And apparently the BYU admin made a rash decision with out the alcohol.  We see that any rational decision that has huge ramifications must include alcohol.  Just ask Churchill and Roosevelt. 

You do understand the WAC doesn't play football, right?

byu* simply brings too much baggage for even CUSA or Sun Belt. Even if they could get past the excess luggage, the geography and associated travel costs would weigh pretty heavily on those conference's programs. byu* walked away from the one conference that would put up with their sh-t, then much of the conference burned the bridge.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 minute ago, Wyovanian said:

You do understand the WAC doesn't play football, right?

byu* simply brings too much baggage for even CUSA or Sun Belt. Even if they could get past the excess luggage, the geography and associated travel costs would weigh pretty heavily on those conference's programs. byu* walked away from the one conference that would put up with their sh-t, then much of the conference burned the bridge.

Good to see you are over Wyoming scheduling BYU again....

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Wolverine said:

Good to see you are over Wyoming scheduling BYU again....

Oh, I'm not. A LOT of Wyoming fans aren't and it's already taking its toll on donations. It will be one big nail in Burman's coffin, I assure you.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Wyovanian said:

Oh, I'm not. A LOT of Wyoming fans aren't and it's already taking its toll on donations. It will be one big nail in Burman's coffin, I assure you.

Are you really going to follow through on threat to stop attending Wyoming football games over this?

51 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU better get to play USU in the Potato Bowl or I'm gonna raise hell!!!!!   Send BYU and USU to the Potato now!

I'm puzzled.  Did the NCAA change the rule about requiring the team being at least .500 (usually 6 wins) to go to a bowl game?  It appears that there will be plenty of bowl eligible teams, and, in the event that there is not, I would suspect that a 5 win team should get the nod over a byu.

42 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

OK Aggie Brain Trust:

@LKGates  @ole blu dude  @TrueAg  

@madmartigan  @AndroidAggie  @hickaggie  @StanfordAggie   @USU78   

Who else am I missing???

The latest bowl projections are out:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24922695/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6

USU:  New Mexico or Potato

BYU:  First Responder (Cotton Bowl in Dallas) or Frisco (Frisco TX)

this isn't fun for me, stunner.  it's fine to play byu, and it's certainly a huge draw for USU, but the stream of condescending belittlement is just...  it's annoying.  when we lose, byu fans say they're better than us.  when we win, byu fans say they recruit better, have better talent, better facilities, better fan support, better everything than us and they just crapped the bed.  if i went to a psychiatrist and told them that every time i thought about an issue, my brain responded with some kind of "you're not good enough" response, they'd probably diagnose me with depression.  i am dead serious when i say there's a big part of me that wishes we'd stop scheduling byu altogether.  it sucks ass when we lose, and it's really annoying when we win.

so, no thanks.  i'm really tired of being told how far beyond and better byu is over utah state.  have fun without me.

• Like 2

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

this isn't fun for me, stunner.  it's fine to play byu, and it's certainly a huge draw for USU, but the stream of condescending belittlement is just...  it's annoying.  when we lose, byu fans say they're better than us.  when we win, byu fans they recruit better, have better talent, better facilities, better fan support, better everything than us and they just crapped the bed.  if i went to a psychiatrist and told them that every time i thought about an issue, my brain responded with some kind of "you're not good enough" response, they'd probably diagnose me with depression.  i am dead serious when i say there's a big part of me that wishes we'd stop scheduling byu altogether.  it sucks ass when we lose, and it's really annoying when we win.

so, no thanks.  i'm really tired of being told how far beyond and better byu is over utah state.  have fun without me.

OK, this is a message board.  Calm down.

Reality:   Obviously, USU is much, much better than BYU right now.   We just had a game to prove it.   Is there any doubt?

Regarding BYU fans being condescending to USU fans.... Have you not seen how some of your fellow gomer USU fans act towards BYU?   Reality:  You got more than a few on here that are a bit obsessed and who play perfectly into the "I'm obsessed with BYU stereotype".   Most of them only even post here during BYU vs USU week.   It is what it is...

Now, are you really getting trash talked by BYU fans in real life (the crowd in Virgnia that is obsessed with getting their kids to BYU)?   If yes, I apologize for that.  Virgnia Mormons are the worst!

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

OK, this is a message board.  Calm down.

Reality:   Obviously, USU is much, much better than BYU right now.   We just had a game to prove it.   Is there any doubt?

Regarding BYU fans being condescending to USU fans.... Have you not seen how some of your fellow gomer USU fans act towards BYU?   Reality:  You got more than a few on here that are a bit obsessed and who play perfectly into the "I'm obsessed with BYU stereotype".   Most of them only even post here during BYU vs USU week.   It is what it is...

Now, are you really getting trash talked by BYU fans in real life (the crowd in Virgnia that is obsessed with getting their kids to BYU)?   If yes, I apologize for that.  Virgnia Mormons are the worst!

of course i have seen them.

is this thread of yours some kind of response to them?  don't engage them, they're not worth your time.

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I'm puzzled.  Did the NCAA change the rule about requiring the team being at least .500 (usually 6 wins) to go to a bowl game?  It appears that there will be plenty of bowl eligible teams, and, in the event that there is not, I would suspect that a 5 win team should get the nod over a byu.

Since you are admittedly puzzled, I'll help explain it to you.

A school must have 6 wins to be bowl eligible.   The Bowl Predictions are based on what the analysts project, and what they think which teams will be bowl eligible.   

Hope that helps.

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

of course i have seen them.

is this thread of yours some kind of response to them?  don't engage them, they're not worth your time.

Look, I'm just a dog that likes to bark at cars.   This isn't real life.   Neither side "wins" anything from this.  You think there is an award for anything?

And a football game is merely a 4 hour, one a year, entertainment event.   That's it.  It doesn't affect anything....

I actually like USU, and half of my family are USU grads (they chose the superior ice cream, I admit).   

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Look, I'm just a dog that likes to bark at cars.   This isn't real life.   Neither side "wins" anything from this.  You think there is an award for anything?

And a football game is merely a 4 hour, one a year, entertainment event.   That's it.  It doesn't affect anything....

I actually like USU, and half of my family are USU grads (they chose the superior ice cream, I admit).   

That doesn't mean I can't talk a little trash, and push some buttons, OK?   Otherwise, all we are left with is Democrats vs Republicans----who wants to talk about that!?!?!?!?

well, as i said...  this isn't fun for me.  if you get a rise out of it, then by all means, carry on.