Guest #1Stunner

BYU vs USU. That was an outrage!!!

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

go easy on me, I'm no match for your wits!

What do you do for a living?   Are you in politics?  Maybe nuclear engineering??

Anyway, alls I can say about is we gotta get a new coach.  Coach Sitake should not be coaching at BYU!   We could win the national championship again...if only we had the right coach!!!

Top candidate for BYU head coach right now is:  Andy Reid.  

What could another coach accomplish at BYU that Sitake hasn't done?  Just putting a semi-competitive team on the field is an accomplishment given the talent he's working with. 

If you fire a smart person doing everything possible given the huge limitations on recruiting that BYU has how could you atttract a better candidate? 

Independence means that BYU's bowl draught (year three) will be a long and arduous trek.  Hopefully you'll win more than six games in a seaon once in the next decade so you can get beaten by a third or fourth place Mountain West team in the Potato Bowl.

If you just have reasonable expectations, you won't be "outraged" by predictable outcomes.

• Like 2

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, aggzilla said:

Meh, no outrage. Better team won decisively. Don’t understand why a coach is on the chopping block for losing to a team that is better. Anyway, no need to complain as you’ll still get to six and be bowl eligible. 

I think someone shared that in Sitake's contact it states that if he loses to USU 2 years in a row, it is grounds for being fired.

I think that's fair.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Bruininthebay said:

What could another coach accomplish at BYU that Sitake hasn't done?  Just putting a semi-competitive team on the field is an accomplishment given the talent he's working with. 

If you fire a smart person doing everything possible given the huge limitations on recruiting that BYU has how could you atttract a better candidate? 

Independence means that BYU's bowl draught (year three) will be a long and arduous trek.  Hopefully you'll win more than six games in a seaon once in the next decade so you can get beaten by a third or fourth place Mountain West team in the Potato Bowl.

If you just have reasonable expectations, you won't be "outraged" by predictable outcomes.

Disagree.   You aren't being very persuasive on this issue.

Bottom line.  Fire Sitake.   Get a new coach, and correct the problem.

BYU should almost never lose to USU.   That's why everyone on here is so upset about Friday night.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Disagree.   You aren't being very persuasive on this issue.

Bottom line.  Fire Sitake.   Get a new coach, and correct the problem.

BYU should almost never lose to USU.   That's why everyone on here is so upset about Friday night.

You haven't made ANY argument - persuasive or otherwise.

See my earlier post about the use of BECAUSE

This isn’t the 80s, BYU is an irrelevant brand who plays avg G5 football. Go to an airport, and look around....it’s over, Stun...been over.

Utah State has superior athletes. That was more than evident, and not surprising-to anybody living outside the cultish areas that you know well.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, creeper86 said:

This isn’t the 80s, BYU is an irrelevant brand who plays avg G5 football. Go to an airport, and look around....it’s over, Stun...been over.

Are you still seriously arguing that SJSU should be kicked out of the MWC, and that BYU should take the Spartans place?

I don't see how that benefits either school.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Did not stunny want Bronco fired ?  Was not the current coach his pick to replace Bronco ? Did not people from YBU say that being a indy was ok but not for the long term ?

I do know that being a member of the MWC has helped USU a lot. I'm not sure being a indy has helped YBU.

1.  Fire Bronco (terrible coach)

2.  Fire Sitake (he lost to USU...fire-able offense).

USU has different expectations than BYU.   BYU fans won't be happy with Matt Wells' coaching records.

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Utah State Aggies (Mountain West Conference) (2013–present)
2013 Utah State 9–5 7–1 1st (Mountain) W Poinsettia
2014 Utah State 10–4 6–2 T–2nd (Mountain) W New Mexico
2015 Utah State 6–7 5–3 T–2nd (Mountain) L Famous Idaho Potato
2016 Utah State 3–9 1–7 6th (Mountain)  
2017 Utah State 6–7 4–4 T–4th (Mountain) L Arizona
2018 Utah State 4–1 1–0 (Mountain)

36 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

1.  Fire Bronco (terrible coach)

2.  Fire Sitake (he lost to USU...fire-able offense).

USU has different expectations than BYU.   BYU fans won't be happy with Matt Wells' coaching records.

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Utah State Aggies (Mountain West Conference) (2013–present)
2013 Utah State 9–5 7–1 1st (Mountain) W Poinsettia
2014 Utah State 10–4 6–2 T–2nd (Mountain) W New Mexico
2015 Utah State 6–7 5–3 T–2nd (Mountain) L Famous Idaho Potato
2016 Utah State 3–9 1–7 6th (Mountain)  
2017 Utah State 6–7 4–4 T–4th (Mountain) L Arizona
2018 Utah State 4–1 1–0 (Mountain)

Perhaps expectations are a little to high at YBU. Wells is 3-3 with you people. Since he became coach looks like the two schools are about even to me.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Perhaps expectations are a high to high at YBU. Wells is 3-3 with you people. Since he became coach looks like the two schools are about even to me.

Exactly.   That's why everyone on this board is so upset.  It's an outrage!!!   That is unacceptable!

#FireSitake

Typically it takes some time for people to realize a hard truth.  

Most of the knowledgeable folks here knew that a recruiter like sitake had no business being a head coach.  And that independence would crush Byu in the recruiting war with Utah State.    I am glad that those faithful to Byu can now see it too.  Now is not the time to get petty and wish for losses.  Those kids are good kids.   They work hard and have earned your support.  Grow a pair and support them.  Off season is the time for changes.  Being right is not easy and sometimes I take a lot of grief from you Mormons.  I have accepted most all of your apologies this weekend and have appreciated some of the pm’s sent my way.  Good luck the rest of the way. 

Let's be honest here, BYU doesn't have capabilities to compete with Mountain West Conference teams week in and week out.  This is why independence fits BYU so well.  This way BYU doesnt have to run through the gauntlet of teams on a weekly basis and it can maybe hope to steal a win every other year or so against the Mountain West Conference.   Utah State just shows that the team with better players will likely end up winning out in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, slappy said:

Typically it takes some time for people to realize a hard truth.  

Most of the knowledgeable folks here knew that a recruiter like sitake had no business being a head coach.  And that independence would crush Byu in the recruiting war with Utah State.    I am glad that those faithful to Byu can now see it too.  Now is not the time to get petty and wish for losses.  Those kids are good kids.   They work hard and have earned your support.  Grow a pair and support them.  Off season is the time for changes.  Being right is not easy and sometimes I take a lot of grief from you Mormons.  I have accepted most all of your apologies this weekend and have appreciated some of the pm’s sent my way.  Good luck the rest of the way. 

2 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Let's be honest here, BYU doesn't have capabilities to compete with Mountain West Conference teams week in and week out.  This is why independence fits BYU so well.  This way BYU doesnt have to run through the gauntlet of teams on a weekly basis and it can maybe hope to steal a win every other year or so against the Mountain West Conference.   Utah State just shows that the team with better players will likely end up winning out in the long run.

The past few seasons as a BYU fan must be what it feels like to be a Wyoming fan every year.   It's been terrible!!!

Wyoming fans seem at peace with their program being what it is.   But BYU?  We WILL NOT accept being a Wyoming-caliber football program!!!

26 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The past few seasons as a BYU fan must be what it feels like to be a Wyoming fan every year.   It's been terrible!!!

Wyoming fans seem at peace with their program being what it is.   But BYU?  We WILL NOT accept being a Wyoming-caliber football program!!!

Well that is good that BYU fans do not want to be a like a Wyoming team that was in the MWC championship game 2 years ago...well because there really is no championship for BYU to play for on a yearly basis at this point. 

But it seems to me that if BYU continues to struggle to schedule teams that it can compete with, that moving down might be a good option.   BYU could simply join a regional conference with like minded and similarly situated schools like Weber State and Southern Utah.  It's almost a no brainer. 

Poor @#1Stunner so upset over BYU's losing to USU he & the boys at the top cut an entire 33% of the required time spent in church - Might want to take that back up an hour or two and ask the heavenly rulers to give BYU some love 

BYU's predicament is nothing that some extra tithing can't cure !! Give till it hurts to save BYU won't you ? :thumbsup:

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Poor @#1Stunner so upset over BYU's losing to USU he & the boys at the top cut an entire 33% of the required time spent in church - Might want to take that back up an hour or two and ask the heavenly rulers to give BYU some love 

BYU's predicament is nothing that some extra tithing can't cure !! Give till it hurts to save BYU won't you ? :thumbsup:

BYU needs to spend more tithing money on BYU football, no doubt.  

If I'm BYU, I funnel all tithing money from Logan to BYU football right now.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Well that is good that BYU fans do not want to be a like a Wyoming team that was in the MWC championship game 2 years...well because there really is no championship for BYU to play for on a yearly basis at this point. 

But it seems to me that if BYU continues to struggle to schedule teams that it can compete with, that moving down might be a good option.   BYU could simply join a regional conference with like minded and similarly situated schools like Weber State and Southern Utah.  It's almost a no brainer. 

I remember Wyoming being in the MWC championship game a few years ago.......and then BYU beat Wyoming's butts that same season in the Poinsettia Bowl.  

BYU can't accept mediocrity.   That's what Wyoming does..

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU needs to spend more tithing money on BYU football, no doubt.  

If I'm BYU, I funnel all tithing money from Logan to BYU football right now.

Therein lies the beauty for fans of the mothership - the donations of the faithful who cheer for USU, Utah, SUU, Weber St et al can be funneled to BYU's coffers !!! 

If nothing else it's a great money making scheme Provo's got going !! 

Poor UNLV has to beg & plead for a few farthings from the Fertitta's :(

Guest #1Stunner
25 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Therein lies the beauty for fans of the mothership - the donations of the faithful who cheer for USU, Utah, SUU, Weber St et al can be funneled to BYU's coffers !!! 

If nothing else it's a great money making scheme Provo's got going !! 

Poor UNLV has to beg & plead for a few farthings from the Fertitta's :(

BYU's stadium, indoor practice field, weight room, TV station were all paid from tithing dollars from Logan, Utah.