Jump to content
Rebels2k3

Fire Sanchez

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I agree Kendal would be a great hire.

That would be a horrible decision.  His off field record is terrible.  He would never be hired here.  I think Rich Rod would be a good hire tbh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV just cannot play football. So we're.... cursed? lol. By 2020 we'll have among the best facilities in both FB and BB in the country....certainly the best in the MWC by far. The best Wyoming can ever strive for is mediocrity. The only reason Wyoming  even has a football program/funding is because you geriatric f*cks living there have nothing else to do or spend their kids inheritance on.  You're probably right about UNLV being cursed tho, we have been post-Tark.

But Vegas loves a winner and UNLV is one coaching hire away from winning. Winning solves all of our problems, a few good sustained winning seasons and they'll win over fans in Vegas and turn UNLV into an athletic powerhouse. UNLV has untapped potential that other school has in this conference has. 

What do you want to bet that if, in their third year in the Raiders' stadium, crowds are only marginally better than they were at SBS, there is very serious talk about pulling the plug?

You're playing against the odds, kid. The Raiders will kill Rebel Football. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 5:49 PM, Rebels18 said:

No we're not. In hindsight they gave us chump change in contrast to USC and Notre Dame. and you're right, the local billionaire family that made every dime they have thanks to LAS VEGAS never wanted a dime of their money even associated with the University of Nevada, LAS VEGAS until they hired Sanchez. f*ck them indeed. 

The point is, when Sanchez is eventually fired, at least he left the program in better shape than he found it in....lol its the only silver lining one can possibly find in with UNLV Football following yet another coaching hire disaster.  

It's not just one. They all ignore UNLV. Hell, Steve Wynn donated $100M to the University of Macau. The whole time he's lived in LV he hasn't even donated 5% of that to UNLV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 5:54 PM, Rebels18 said:

The last team we need any advice from is f*ckin Wyoming. Your sleepy ass program doesn't even the potential to be great in anything, ever. 

 

On 10/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

you're always such an arrogant prick. Whats your freaking problem?

Some Cowboy in town for a Wyoming game or NFR probably kicked his Daddy's azz in front if him when he was a kid....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV just cannot play football. So we're.... cursed? lol. By 2020 we'll have among the best facilities in both FB and BB in the country....certainly the best in the MWC by far. The best Wyoming can ever strive for is mediocrity. The only reason Wyoming  even has a football program/funding is because you geriatric f*cks living there have nothing else to do or spend their kids inheritance on.  You're probably right about UNLV being cursed tho, we have been post-Tark.

But Vegas loves a winner and UNLV is one coaching hire away from winning. Winning solves all of our problems, a few good sustained winning seasons and they'll win over fans in Vegas and turn UNLV into an athletic powerhouse. UNLV has untapped potential that other school has in this conference has. 

Not even trolling here and I'll admit I'm too lazy to look it up...how man sustained winning seasons has UNLV had in the last 30-40 years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Not even trolling here and I'll admit I'm too lazy to look it up...how man sustained winning seasons has UNLV had in the last 30-40 years?

Here are UNLV’s historical records 

http://cfbinfo.com/team/unlv-rebels

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

you're always such an arrogant prick. Whats your freaking problem?

He’s just realizing that his boy Sanchez is a worse coach than Dave Rice ever was. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

June Jones has a head coaching job in the CFL and Art Briles didn't get the high school job he applied for in Texas.

I think both would come here if UNLV was willing to take the chance on them. That would require some balls though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 4:49 PM, Rebels18 said:

No we're not. In hindsight they gave us chump change in contrast to USC and Notre Dame. and you're right, the local billionaire family that made every dime they have thanks to LAS VEGAS never wanted a dime of their money even associated with the University of Nevada, LAS VEGAS until they hired Sanchez.

Have you ever been to the UNLV campus?  There is a major building named after the Fertittas because they have been generous and consistent donors for many years.  The Fertittas gave millions of dollars to UNLV before Sanchez coaching there was ever a possibility.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RoscoesDad
19 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Use common sense.  What decent coach would agree to work for a guy who is clearly in his last season and about to get fired?  NOBODY

Sanchez has the best he can get.  Anybody else would be worse.  Think about that for a second.  HE CAN'T HIRE ANYBODY BETTER.

The only guys that would come to work for a High School coach in his last year on the job would be UNEMPLOYED LOSERS that nobody wants.  This would be their only option.

It doesn't make any sense to allow Sanchez to fire and rehire.  HE CAN'T DO ANY BETTER, HE CAN"T HIRE BETTER PEOPLE.  He is the problem.  All he will try to do is hire family or some high school nobody to give them a one year payday on UNLV's dime.  It is a joke.

He has to be fired.  Any Athletic Director with a brain knows he has to be fired.  Getting rid of assistants will only make us worse.  That is unbelievable but TRUE.

If UNLV wants to show the fan base that they actually care, they would fire the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR immediately... NOW TODAY.  Not to be replaced.  As a warning to everyone.  Win or you are all GONE in 45 days!  Show some pride for once and the fans will follow.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, Rebels2k3 said:

At the end of the season. If he isn't, it just shows how far UNLV has fallen. He has zero business coaching at this level. Why did we even hire him? Wow.

 

How does Southern Nevada fall from the basement of the MWC to the basement of the MWC???

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I think both would come here if UNLV was willing to take the chance on them. That would require some balls though.

I don’t think UNLV should even consider Briles.  That would be too much of a risk. June Jones on the other hand wouldn’t be a risk and he could do well at UNLV. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, NWRebel said:

I wanted Sanchez to succeed.  But, keeping him another year is a waste of time.  Nothing has changed.  The State of Nevada needs to modify it's lemon law to apply to college football coaches.

Image result for lemon law  UNLV football coaching.

It seems you guys get more than your share of lemons there- is it the administration or the coaches. For one of the first times in memory you guys actually hired a bad coach. Houck wasn't ready, ,maybe Sanchez isn't either but what choices do you have?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 4:54 PM, Rebels18 said:

The last team we need any advice from is f*ckin Wyoming. Your sleepy ass program doesn't even the potential to be great in anything, ever. 

 

This is a Message Board.  Why are you jumping down someone's throat for sharing their opinion?

Lighten-up Francis!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, Rebels18 said:

UNLV just cannot play football. So we're.... cursed? lol. By 2020 we'll have among the best facilities in both FB and BB in the country....certainly the best in the MWC by far. The best Wyoming can ever strive for is mediocrity. The only reason Wyoming  even has a football program/funding is because you geriatric f*cks living there have nothing else to do or spend their kids inheritance on.  You're probably right about UNLV being cursed tho, we have been post-Tark.

But Vegas loves a winner and UNLV is one coaching hire away from winning. Winning solves all of our problems, a few good sustained winning seasons and they'll win over fans in Vegas and turn UNLV into an athletic powerhouse. UNLV has untapped potential that other school has in this conference has. 

 

Good luck now that y'all are competing w/an NFL & NHL franchise Vegas entertainment dollars.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...